Wests Tigers Podcast - Hosted by Helmsey&Eddie.

Westslife podcast is better but both are lame.
Well, Wests Tigers Podcast can get through a complete sentence without 'ums' and 'ahs' and 'it just is, guys'.

Westslife has the cadence and flow of a square-wheeled bicycle.

But, both put in lots of time and effort for others to enjoy and listen along. They share different perspectives, thoughts, ideas and whispers and, if you like that type of content, as I do when I'm on the tools, they're a fantastic companion to have in the earbuds.

I have both those pods and TigerTown Podcast on my rotation each week.

Appreciate the effort these things take @helmesy

Great podcast guys. Just shows the passion of the people who love the club through thick & thin. Whilst players, coaches, administrators come & go, the one constant is us the fans!

I am resigned to the fact that the ownership of Wests Tigers via the Holman Barnes Group (Wests Ashfield etc) will not change while the club remains viable and we want it to remain viable.

Without a strong understanding of governance, I just wonder whether we can lobby for a change in structure & personnel of the Board.

Firstly, a new Chair could immediately change the public & media perception of the Club. We know really the Chair is just a figurehead on this Board. Not a personal attack on Lee, but the way he presents himself just rubs people the wrong way. May be a great lawyer but we need someone that commands respect and knows how to adapt him/herself to different situations & people.

Secondly, why can't Holman Barnes Group be innovative and appoint a couple of important representatives onto the Board - a Member/Fan rep & a Player rep. Whilst I understand the HBG won't want to lose any power on the Board, surely they could still have reps who are non-voting but still can advocate on decisions and be the voice for these groups. Someone like a Chris Lawrence as an example.

Thirdly, Danny Stapleton. I don't know him personally except as the former Balmain player and now Balmain rep on the Board. From various interviews I have listened to, I believe he is the Board member on the Recruitment & Retention committee. Now again no personal attack on Danny but when does his position come under review. Given the issues around recruitment and differing opinions in recent time, shouldn't he be the senior figure to align everyone.

And finally in this day and age, we should have more women on the Board and some younger voices.

So my question is, who do we talk to & lobby to change the Board structure without disempowering HBG? And how can we get an opportunity to do so?

Great podcast guys. Just shows the passion of the people who love the club through thick & thin. Whilst players, coaches, administrators come & go, the one constant is us the fans!

I am resigned to the fact that the ownership of Wests Tigers via the Holman Barnes Group (Wests Ashfield etc) will not change while the club remains viable and we want it to remain viable.

Without a strong understanding of governance, I just wonder whether we can lobby for a change in structure & personnel of the Board.

Firstly, a new Chair could immediately change the public & media perception of the Club. We know really the Chair is just a figurehead on this Board. Not a personal attack on Lee, but the way he presents himself just rubs people the wrong way. May be a great lawyer but we need someone that commands respect and knows how to adapt him/herself to different situations & people.

Secondly, why can't Holman Barnes Group be innovative and appoint a couple of important representatives onto the Board - a Member/Fan rep & a Player rep. Whilst I understand the HBG won't want to lose any power on the Board, surely they could still have reps who are non-voting but still can advocate on decisions and be the voice for these groups. Someone like a Chris Lawrence as an example.

Thirdly, Danny Stapleton. I don't know him personally except as the former Balmain player and now Balmain rep on the Board. From various interviews I have listened to, I believe he is the Board member on the Recruitment & Retention committee. Now again no personal attack on Danny but when does his position come under review. Given the issues around recruitment and differing opinions in recent time, shouldn't he be the senior figure to align everyone.

And finally in this day and age, we should have more women on the Board and some younger voices.

So my question is, who do we talk to & lobby to change the Board structure without disempowering HBG? And how can we get an opportunity to do so?

Thoughtful and club-loyal post.
Change is the only way to evolve.
And especially recapture credibility.
Poses the thoughts of many fans, I'm sure.

Good post BWG. The structure needs to change so whoever is on the board are held accountable and can be voted off. They are untouchable under the current setup.

Thanks for the feedback guys, personally it was a very hard pod to record. It is in my make up to be supportive of the club, but as I said on the pod it is time for change.

It was also extremely difficult as that pretty much torches all the work we have done for the Ambush as that is bound to break the connection we had with the club, but once again it is time.

We have created a petition that we will pass onto Wests Ashfield and the Wests Tigers. I also think it should be passed on to the NRL and media outlets as well.

Thanks for the feedback guys, personally it was a very hard pod to record. It is in my make up to be supportive of the club, but as I said on the pod it is time for change.

It was also extremely difficult as that pretty much torches all the work we have done for the Ambush as that is bound to break the connection we had with the club, but once again it is time.

We have created a petition that we will pass onto Wests Ashfield and the Wests Tigers. I also think it should be passed on to the NRL and media outlets as well.

Wests life boys bag management relentlessly and ashfield still sponsor them. You'll be right mate.

Back