Wests Tigers Side V Bulldogs

@Gary Bakerloo said:
You lot are all kidding. It is a dead rubber, let Morris enjoy his last game with the club.

You will all regret Morris leaving this club, he is the one that makes the tackles that others miss and dives on the ball players ignore. He deserves to play his last game for the club at halfback as he has given his all for the past 3 years. You could not say that about some other players in top 25.

I agree - its a dead rubber and means nothing. Morris although a dud halfback for us has put in every game and if Sheens had used him differently he would have been a great buy.

Didnt the Tigers earlier in the year, when they were winning a few games, entrenched in the Top 8 and were heading towards the top 4 have Morris at half?

Entrenched in the Top 8\. :laughing:! One win from 8 games, heading for the spoon more like it.

Unless you want to talk about early in the year, when less than 5 games were played, why not include 42-14 loss to the Cowboys & the 42-22 loss to the Panthers.

Short memory some people on this forum.

Indeed.

@T91 said:
Didnt the Tigers earlier in the year, when they were winning a few games, entrenched in the Top 8 and were heading towards the top 4 have Morris at half?

Entrenched in the Top 8\. :laughing:! One win from 8 games, heading for the spoon more like it.

Unless you want to talk about early in the year, when less than 5 games were played, why not include 42-14 loss to the Cowboys & the 42-22 loss to the Panthers.

Short memory some people on this forum.

Indeed.

:laughing:
Weren't we behind Cronulla at one stage Coach?

Geez…it was a good back end ...short memories.....

Just think if we coulda won those games in the middle when according to Tim 'won't be the reason we miss the eight' Sheens....we mighta made it...... :brick:

That'll be my only 'What If' post.....New plan next year Tim please...

T91 thoughts?

T91 thoughts?

I'm still wondering what the hell that post was about, now fetch me some water.

As for player recruitment, I'm set on taking Marshall_magics advice.. letting go Ellis and Marshall to sign Nanai & Hegarty.. maybe bulk them up and play them in the front row, thoughts?

It was about What If's…...the season is 26 rounds long.....we need consistancy....Oh and win more games....

Water...still or sparkling....

Recruitment not a good start...with Ellis gone surely we could get Matt Utai and Luke Bert to fill the job.....

"Good times are ahead"

Ive heard this i dont know hom any times over the last few years.

WTs new catch cry perhaps…..or the never ending story

So wth the announcement of Lui playing for NYC, does this mean the Fonz is still too stubborn to admit he was wrong in playing Lui at half and breaking up the successful halves combination Moltzen/Marshall?
And to place an unsuccessful Morris/Marshall combination instead of referring back to a successful one is another admission of his stubborness.
And if in any way was this squad listing to fit Halatau AND Morris, two utilities, into one squad whilst keeping it at close to full strength, then it could still have easily been acheived in many ways without putting Morris at halfback:

Halatau 4 Morris 14
Halatau 13 Morris 14

I can also recall Roycie(aka Potsie) saying at Lui's debut "after today, i don't think we will see Lui playing much more of U20's", which implied he was securing up a 1st grade jersey. If Lui is fit enough to play NYC then why isn't he fit enough to play 1st grade on friday??

Why you jumping on Bugs bandwagon…..

Perhaps he released Lui back to the 20's cause they are definately going to play finals football.....You may not like it but the Under 20's is the next level below NRL as it stands.....the media obviously think so...

So to say it had anything to Sheens being wrong about Moltzen is idiotic....

Sheens has done the right thing and you still bag him.....

its the last game of the season for wests-tigers in first grade.
now its up to them whether they finish with a good result, or a bad one.
:pray: its a similar effort to the last game of last year against the Titans.
who knows, only time will tell.
if wests-tigers score tries very close to the uprights, why not let the leaving players each have a shot at goal.

I agree with Sheens bringing Lui into the side once Gallant was injured, because we needed to find a way to replace the spark that Gallant provided and Moltzen did go well when he replaced Gallant at fullback against the Roosters. However, after the Eels game it was crystal clear that Lui wasn`t clicking with Frah and Marshall like we hoped he would and it was also evident that he was a little too tentative in defence. Lui is a class player and earned his call up, but the writing was on the wall that we needed Moltzen back at halfback against the Titans.

i have no doubts that lui is 18-24 months away from being a top class half.

however he would have been better off having some games in the nsw cup instead of first grade this year.

molzten/marshall combo was absolutely blitzing them and moltzen has never looked good at fullback.

The late mail in today's Telegraph reports that Lawrence failed to train yesterday due to an injured toe but is expected to play tonight. Pritchard is still on standby.

Well there you go.

I would have thought it was a standy for Moltzen.

Either way hope the side gives their all

Gotta say, out of all the hoo hah over team selections this year, this team has surprised me the most.

Never thought we'd see Johnny Morris pull on the 7 again for the Tigers.

please kill me john bomber morris at halfback a no brainer we all know john is not a half tim why dont you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111 :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

Back