Wests Tigers Side

@crouching_tiger said:
@Defiant said:
ok Sheens has seen the light.

Morris was never was a 7.

Obviously The Fonz doesn't think Moltzen is either. I mean why would he…considering WT have done nothing but WIN with Moltzen at halfback..

Cause he's the next best fullback….Oh that's right you want to put Lawrence on the wing......I'm sure Benji will do a lot of first receiver just like last week anyway....Gee C_t... You think Moltzen won't play in the line......Lui getting a taste might come off....

What an absolute **JOKE!!!!**

Tim Sheens you are a deadset **CLOWN!**

Moltzen has been in fantastic form in the #7, and its no surprise that WE HAVE BEEN WINNING because of it…

I was all for giving Robert Lui a run, but only for experience when our season was mathematically over, not when we are still well in the hunt for a finals berth with an IN FORM HALFBACK steering the ship.

This is deadset crazy.

1\. Hanbury
7\. Moltzen

Is that so hard Timmy?

Get out've our club.

@Zaibatsu said:
What an absolute **JOKE!!!!**

Tim Sheens you are a deadset **CLOWN!**

Moltzen has been in fantastic form in the #7, and its no surprise that WE HAVE BEEN WINNING because of it…

I was all for giving Robert Lui a run, but only for experience when our season was mathematically over, not when we are still well in the hunt for a finals berth with an IN FORM HALFBACK steering the ship.

This is deadset crazy.

1\. Hanbury
7\. Moltzen

Is that so hard Timmy?

Get out've our club.

How about you get out of our club?

All you ever seem to do is moan about something, despite what you think, you don't know the inner workings of the club and you don't know why certain selections have been made.

I'm iffy on this selection aswell, but i'm gonna wait till after the game to make a judgement, might serve you well to take that approach aswell.

@Geo. said:
@crouching_tiger said:
@Defiant said:
ok Sheens has seen the light.

Morris was never was a 7.

Obviously The Fonz doesn't think Moltzen is either. I mean why would he…considering WT have done nothing but WIN with Moltzen at halfback..

Cause he's the next best fullback….Oh that's right you want to put Lawrence on the wing......I'm sure Benji will do a lot of first receiver just like last week anyway....Gee C_t... You think Moltzen won't play in the line......Lui getting a taste might come off....

Might?? Wake up to yourself!! Next best fullback?? Bwahahaha you've been listening to the Fonz and Potsie for too long.. :laughing:

Careful Z ….Think mate....Benji has been playing 7 ,first receiver in the 6 for the past 2 games....Moltz V Raiders and Benji before that in the 6 jumber

My bet is Marshall will do the same against the Sharks with Lui 5/8 second receiver with Moltzen coming in when he wants...

Moltzen>>>Hanbury as a fullback it's what's best for the team......

Sheens isn't the CLOWN

C_t who is the next best Fullback at our club then.......

@innsaneink said:
@simonthetiger said:
Hilarious…...peanuts have been jumping up and down for 6 months to give Lui a start,he gets one and the hysteria continues.

Upercut time.

I love these posts, where therrs no quotes.

Coz its always the same people saying one thing at one time and something different later, isnt it? :unamused:

Still, if it boosts your self esteem….

Couldnt agree more with that. U have to be careful when generalising and assuming things.

@crouching_tiger said:
@Geo. said:
C_t who is the next best Fullback at our club then…....

Lawrence.

You got him on the wing…Bhwaawww...Lawrence is the Best Centre by lightyears... more value to the team with his awesome defence, strong robust running and partnership with Tui that's yielded how many tries.....The poor bugger had to do it all himself last week...

You guys hate it when Sheens is right don't you...

Lui I have my doubts his defence is nowhere near first grade standard...but hey we carried Benji and Lawrence for a while.....

@Geo. said:
@crouching_tiger said:
@Geo. said:

Lawrence.

You got him on the wing…Bhwaawww...Lawrence is the Best Centre buy lightyears... more value to the team with his awesome defence, strong robust running and partnership with Tui that's yielded how many tries.....The poor bugger had to do it all himself last week...

<big>You guys hate it when Sheens is right don't you...</big>

Lui I have my doubts his defence is no where near first grade standard...but hey we carried Benji and Lawrence for a while.....

Us guys?

Whos that?

Everyone but you?

Simon has a pal

I was referring to the anti fonz movement INK…

Of course you love it when Sheens is right...

All you other guys....Apologies....

I just hope we aren't underestimating Cronulla - it looks like Sheens has picked a starting lineup that he thinks will blow Cronulla off the park in the first 20 mins - its the type of side that is all out attack from the kick off and if it doesn't come off he can fall back to Morris at half and Galea to stiffen the defence. Will it work???? Who knows - but as Gordy said the other day - being a Tigers fan you never know what to expect!!!

@Geo. said:
@crouching_tiger said:
@Geo. said:

Lawrence.

You got him on the wing…Bhwaawww...Lawrence is the Best Centre buy lightyears... more value to the team with his awesome defence, strong robust running and partnership with Tui that's yielded how many tries.....The poor bugger had to do it all himself last week...

You guys hate it when Sheens is right don't you...

Lui I have my doubts his defence is no where near first grade standard...but hey we carried Benji and Lawrence for a while.....

You crack me up Geo…see you in the shearing shed.. :laughing:

Sheens does not play a traditoinal half/pivot combination. He tends to play with two pivots standing each side of the ruck. I think Benji plays on the left (could be wrong about that one). One thing that Lui will bring is an awesome short kicking game - far advanced for his years

It is interesting to note that at the same age I thought Benji was more dominant but Lui is more exciting prospect (big call i know). In the 18s etc the athletes tend to dominate, as you may recall Benji had the huge sidestep that was so hard to defend against. Lui on the other hand looks to be fairly slow and ironically, that is what is so exciting as he is a footballer rather than a athlete. He is much more in the Peter Sterling mould.

Anyone know how we picked him up - i believe that he is from the Torres Strait islands isn't he?

As for the selection this week - I would have preferred Lawrence at fullback or perhaps given nathan Waters a shot (at least he is a little older and matured) but if you're old enough you are a good enough!

@Geo. said:
I was referring to the anti fonz movement INK…

Of course you love it when Sheens is right...

All you other guys....Apologies....

Dont apologise geo your entitled to your opinion just like any other self proclaimed expert in here.

Whats this fonz crap that everyone seems to be going on about.?

Look guys im not a groupie like some on here and i dont go to every game cause i have a life outside of footy.

I find this all amusing so i would suggest to you guys just be a supporter not a try hard selector or coach and just hope we win.Christ sakes theres some whiners on here.

I think its the wrong time to be bringing Lui into first grade. But one thing to remember, no one is better than Sheens at bring good young players through, if Sheens thinks he's ready then I'm happy with that.

A few people have mentioned Lui doesn't have patience. Every time I've seen him play I've been surprised at how composed he is for such a young bloke. Benji has had 5 years in first grade and Lui seems more composed than Benji is now albeit in a much lower grade competition.

good luck to young Lui from what I have seen he looks the goods but needs to work on his defence on another note are we possibly seeing for the first time the wests tigers team for 2010 it appears to me that sheens loves moltz at fullback and he possibly wont be in the halfs next season :cry:

Masterstroke.
If Lui has a good game this could be a massive cofindence boost and gives the guys some momentum.
If Lui has a shocker he is subbed for Morris.
Either way we should still beat the sharks.

Big fan.

With the team in form and confident, and playing the Sharks I believe it's a great time to bloody the young fella.

He'll do well. Always looked classy when I've watched him.

Hopefully he can have the same impact for us as Mortimer is having for Parra.

There are some fools on this forum and I am just one of them.

However, whoever started and/or uses The Fonz, its not funny or ironic. I hope you eventually realise this and stop its use.

I am also amused by the amount of complaints about Lui. AFAIK, he's a nobody, so I don't rate him. (haven't seen him play)

Guess what? The forum has been calling for him to be called up into 1st Grade and when it is done the Coach is still derided.

Some of you will be unhappy, no matter what.

You should all be grateful that the Coach is making selections in the last few weeks by and large that the forum agrees on and has been calling on.

Those that keep calling for the Coach to quit, there was merit in that weeks ago but not at present. It is more likely the Coach, the Australian Coach will serve out his contract as indicated by the Board. I believe it is foolish to think otherwise. It is about as foolish as thinking a double dissolution election is going to be called before it is actually due.

Despite what the thick media thinks, there is absolutely no indication of that. It is the same with our Coach.

As for this Lui fella, himself, some are saying his defence is woeful. That may be so, but the opportunity in First Grade may also make him step up a notch or several and he just may blow you off the park with his attack and defence. The fact is we don't know yet. He has the opportunity and now he has to grasp it with both hands and move forward.

I never got what I was hoping for but I don't get Xmas presents either so nothing ventured nothing gained. I have watched Lui play a few times and although I try to get a good look at all of our youngster's, he did look class. It's up to him now to show the world what he is made of and what he can do. I am still not convinced that Lawrence will play this week-end.

Back