Wests Tigers Side

Kul

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Leader
Wests Tigers Coach Tim Sheens has moved Tim Moltzen back to full-back for the round 23 clash against the Cronulla Sharks at Toyota Park on Sunday, August 16.
>
Moltzen replaces the injured Shannon Gallant.
>
Coach Tim Sheens has called up exciting youngster Robert Lui to make his NRL debut. Lui has been named at half-back and will partner five-eighth Benji Marshall in the halves.

1\. Tim Moltzen
2\. Taniela Tuiaki
3\. Chris Lawrence
4\. Blake Ayshford
5\. Beau Ryan

6\. Benji Marshall
7\. Robert Lui

8\. Bryce Gibbs
9\. Robbie Farah
10\. Keith Galloway
11\. Gareth Ellis
12\. Todd Payten
13\. Chris Heighnington

Interchange
14\. John Morris
15\. Danny Galea
16\. Corey Payne
17\. John Skandalis

18\. Dean Collis

Lawrence still in doubt

Can those who are familiar with the lower grades bring us up to date. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Lui is amazing in NYC

a massive 5/8th with a killer kicking game

has been the stand out half by so much it isn't funny in the whole nyc comp. however is still only 18 and struggles with defence even at that level.

wouldnt surprise me if actually defends at fullback

Wests Tigers Coach Tim Sheens has moved Tim Moltzen back to full-back for the round 23 clash against the Cronulla Sharks at Toyota Park on Sunday, August 16.
Moltzen replaces the injured Shannon Gallant.
Coach Tim Sheens has called up exciting youngster Robert Lui to make his NRL debut. Lui has been named at half-back and will partner five-eighth Benji Marshall in the halves.

Man o Man. I guess its not a massive risk against the Sharks, the way they are going, but it will be interesting to see how he goes this week, and whether or not he gets another shot next week against Parramatta if he lives up to expectations! Im guessing the other 15 will be the same, instead Lawrence to play centre!

Stupid move.

Moltzen is a fantastic fullback, but him being at half is what light a fire under the team, why move him for some prospect from U/20's?

I hope Lui carves up, but this isn't the time of year to start experimenting.

I rate Lui big time, but I think its a very bad time to reshuffle the team.

Hope it works out. I don't think Moltzen actually likes playing fullback. Just a vibe I seem to get when he plays there.

@Ghostdogg said:
Is Tim Sheens possessed? This is not the Sheens we know lol.

No this is the same old Sheens, bringing in big prospects when they are ready.

Bulldogs killed off Ben Barba by bringing him in too early, and he's gone from a can't miss player, to a premier league bench warmer in 12 months.

Awesome.

Had a suspicion from the Australian article that Lui might get a run, though was aware there was a big chance it was just wishful thinking! Can't wait to see him go around.

Don't forget, Moltzen can still play a play-makers role and take pressure off benji and Lui at any stage. I for one, think Lui will handle the job well in attack. Time will tell on his defence.

its a good move. throw lui in against by far the worst team in the comp. if he fails then put him back in the 20s until next year, nothing lost. realistically it shouldnt matter who replaced gallant. we should beat the sharks by plenty.

the only negative about it is that the u/20s can now kiss any hope of winning the comp goodbye

1\. Tim Moltzen
2\. Taniela Tuiaki
3\. Chris Lawrence
4\. Blake Ayshford
5\. Beau Ryan

6\. Benji Marshall
7\. Robert Lui

8\. Bryce Gibbs
9\. Robbie Farah
10\. Keith Galloway
11\. Gareth Ellis
12\. Todd Payten
13\. Chris Heighnington

Interchange
14\. John Morris
15\. Danny Galea
16\. Corey Payne
17\. John Skandalis

18\. Dean Collis

Lawrence still in doubt

I suspected this would be the game where Lui gets his chance.

He's no midget. Tips the scales at 92kg, has good strength, a good fend, good sidestep, good pace, good kicking game and excellent ball skills and passing game. His main issue is defence, he gets caught out reading the opposition attack. The Sharks aren't a threatening side in attack so this is as good a game as any to make his debut IMO.

Morris offers far more in defence, but the Tigers attack will suffer the consequences, whereas with Lui, if he takes the same confidence in as he does in the Toyota Cup, he could open up holes in the Sharks defence all arvo IMO.

Moltzen will definitely play up in the line in attack anyway.

Back