Wests Tigers target Johnson - Widdop..

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
i could be wrong but in our existence, have WT ever attracted or tried to sign a high profile member of the spine? most or all have been through the juniors right?

Prince had played SOO in Game 3 the season before coming to the WT's

Prince played Origin the year he came to us. The year before he had a broken leg.

Youn sure TTS ??

Bloody hell must have been drunk that night , was sure he scored a try that night have been from 30 out and was screaming at him "to go you Tiger champion "

@ said:
i could be wrong but in our existence, have WT ever attracted or tried to sign a high profile member of the spine? most or all have been through the juniors right?

John Morris, Mathew Head…

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Someone on LU said we are in talks with Cameron Cullen, Kane Elgey and Brodie Croft.

Brodie Croft would be excellent. Wouldn't ask for anything more than $600k and would be a decent foil for Brooks. While he's young and relatively unproven, with Jacks about to sign a new deal and Foran seemingly going to Melbourne, he'd be an option that'd come cheap with some decent wraps on him (including Cooper Cronk himself), and would enable us to strengthen our forward pack with extra money that wouldn't be spent on Widdop.

By 600k I assume u mean over a 2-3 year deal? Surely not per year?

Yeah over two, sorry should've corrected. But with the player market these days these big headed young kids will throw ridiculous numbers anywhere and someone will respond if they are desperate enough. Have you heard anything about us being in the market for a 5/8 gun?

Brodie is a way off NRL… If anything, he plays virtually the exact style as Brooks.

We need to play someone with more experience outside of Luke.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Someone on LU said we are in talks with Cameron Cullen, Kane Elgey and Brodie Croft.

Hey mate, what's LU?

League Unlimited. It's a cesspit of attention seekers.

Probably the best way to put it :laughing:
Their cricket forum is pretty good during Summer though.
The trolls stay out of there.

FWIW re Widdop

On tonight's dead set legends on triple m , Brent Read said the Dragons thought they had him over the line but when Moses signed with Parra all of a sudden Widdop wouldn't sign because he'd had a bigger offer from the Tigers . The Dragons actually rang the Tigers to confirm the interest which was confirmed .

Anyway the podcast is here
https://omny.fm/shows/dead-set-legends-sydney/13-04-2017-dead-set-legends-catch-up-podcast

And the interesting part kicks in at 22.22

@ said:
@ said:

Scott prince? The odd fan may argue wade mckinnon

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Scott prince? The odd fan may argue wade mckinnon

We bought magpie Hodgo back from parra

@ said:
FWIW re Widdop

On tonight's dead set legends on triple m , Brent Read said the Dragons thought they had him over the line but when Moses signed with Parra all of a sudden Widdop wouldn't sign because he'd had a bigger offer from the Tigers . The Dragons actually rang the Tigers to confirm the interest which was confirmed .

https://omny.fm/shows/dead-set-legends-sydney/13-04-2017-dead-set-legends-catch-up-podcast

Can't believe that a club rang another and the other club was stupid enough to admit they were chasing their player

If I was St George I would rather keep Widdop than Hunt ….

@ said:
@ said:
FWIW re Widdop

Can't believe that a club rang another and the other club was stupid enough to admit they were chasing their player

I don't get what's so stupid about it? It doesn't say the offer was confirmed, only the interest. Maybe the clubs have a mutual distrust of player managers…

@ said:
@ said:
FWIW re Widdop

They didn't need to ring the club. All they had to do was listen to Pascoe on the radio last week when he confirmed the club's interest in awiddop and Johnson.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back