WESTS Tigers Team V Manly

Good squad again this week. Feel a bit sorry for Littlejohn but Manly will be smarting after a big loss at brookie and I think JT wants some experience in a bloke like Dene to get us home. Go well boys!

Very happy with this team,I think we all could have guessed as much.
Go get em Tigers….

Looking at the team lists for our three grades can not remember having three quality sides before.

Things are looking good but anything can happen in early season gamrs

Dene will do well taking on the grunt work in the first 20-30 mins. Cherry can come out and frustrate them on fresh legs. It's a shame that JLJ misses out after putting in a solid performance but when you win you will do as little as possible to change the team. Given that Buchanan didn't even play last week JLJ was the only man to miss out.

I dont wanna put the jinx on it but good to see the depth we have.
There are some players in Intrust Super Premiership that i hope get a gig in NRL this year, cant wait to see them make an impression
Rod Griffin and Josh Addo-Carr are on my personal wish list,

I am not convinced on Rankin,he was terrible in a lot of areas last week,surely we have someone better….

"experience" is a lazy word to use at times. Sometimes at the Tigers experience can stand for experience at losing over a period of time or mediocrity.

Don't get me wrong, I like Dene Halatau always have.Tough footballer, a great bloke and a good clubman.

However I thought we looked slick out of dummy half last week. Can Dene match that?

I hope so

This a conservative, safety first set of selections and I would have been more adventurous. I would have preferred Ado-Carr in for Rankin and Cherrington as the starting hooker.

@Spartan117 said:
happy with this team.

stop bagging out Lovettt. he is solid and has great commitment.

Lovett was very good last week,very good in the trial against the Sharks and good at the back end of 2015\. He deserves his spot at present and people have to forget about his disaster day when Taylor shoved him in the centres against the Panthers. He will end up a solid NRL player

that team will put in a good account of itself you would think… play to their capability and anything could happen.

JLJ will know he wasnt dropped on form, and a great experience for the young playmaker. Rankin while found out, is no slouch, a decent enough footballer to earn the opportunity to turn it around.

Rankin didn't have a great game last week, but his super league stats suggest he's a decent player and his ability to cover any back line position gives us some flexibility to take a forward biased bench into the game. Looking forward to Monday and hoping the young man has a blinder.

side is as expected

is someone going to sit on the bench for 80 this week?

you wouldn't think so.

Is Edwards a smokey for a bench spot. JT mentioned he would be playing this week, although he didn't say where? I think Josh A did enough to hold his spot, was pretty impressed.

While Lovett was impressive last week (by his standards), I hope he drops off the bench ahead of Aloiai when Robbie returns. Other than that, side is largely as expected, though if JAC keeps his form up it'd be hard to run him in reggies for too long.

for once we are making team changes not due to injuries. pleasant change. we should not change a winning team but agree with the inclusion of the 2 suspended players. Rankin deserve another crack but we do have depth this year. seeing Simona run freely last week and Sue's performance brings me hope for 2016\. Believe we have Manly at the right time when they are building a new team. think we can win at home and Brooks to have a blinder.

Members online

Back