TEAM LIST Wests Tigers Team v Parramatta Eels

Team List
Ok, i must be old school but i just Don't understand why you would pick a loose forward to play center. Really? if i was a Center or outside back in the lower grades, i would be totally p...ed off regarding this selection.No wonder players leave or ask for a release from this club.
This is not good enough, this has not worked in the past and will not work now.
Bow your head in shame MADGE, ...SHAME.
And who are you going to replace him with? Seriously have a look at KOE cup there is nobody there because 3 of our centres are injured at the moment. Defensively Garner has been way better than Gildart which wouldn’t be hard tbh.

Ok, i must be old school but i just Don't understand why you would pick a loose forward to play center. Really? if i was a Center or outside back in the lower grades, i would be totally p...ed off regarding this selection.No wonder players leave or ask for a release from this club.
Garner was a Center before switching to second row

Glad Madge made the right calls and dropped players who were under performing. EXCEPT BROOKS AS ALWAYS

I wouldn’t dropped peachy at least he looks like he can make break or do something I would of dropped madden I reckon he’s a cat hates contact brooks didn’t even wanna be there last week and they still pick him play Laurie in the halves with Hastings it couldn’t hurt

Moving Brooks to 5/8 is pointless. He should have been dropped and Madden should be given the reigns at halfback.

Madden has a higher ceiling than Brooks and the club should be investing in his development.

I really hate the fact that we continue to have a third prop in the lock position. It’s an outdated tactic and we need some speed/creativity in the pack instead of single, one out hit ups.
100% all of this

Cause there is no one else to select. No one in the Lower grades must be pushing for a spot.

Reactions: BZN
Garner was a Center before switching to second row
He played second row in Manly's U20s Grand Final team and then went to the Roosters. He is versatile, can defend but clearly his best position is in the second row. The lack of depth is on Magure, this is his fourth year.

Garner was a centre before moving to backrow.
He actually is better than it appears, but I have to agree that in our whole system, we don't have another back. 🤔
A Daine Gagai would be perfect.

Garner was a centre before moving to backrow.
He actually is better than it appears, but I have to agree that in our whole system, we don't have another back. 🤔
A Daine Gagai would be perfect.
Im liking Garner in the centres.

With the exception of the sharks game which I didn't watch, he is solid in defence and will improve in attack.

Im liking Garner in the centres.

With the exception of the sharks game which I didn't watch, he is solid in defence and will improve in attack.
Read my post about standing deep in attack mate, if we do that, then things will improve.

Hi defence has been strong in the centres too. I'd say that's why he's held his spot. He lacks a title in attack there, but he should move to the left this week where he naturally runs better lines, so that may help.
Definitely agree with your assessment. I think Garner has been one of our better players and has been a rock in defence.

I also think he’s been solid in attack but obviously lacks a little pace and polish. I’d love to see Garner back on the left as well.

6 and 7 are just numbers on the back of the jersey these days.
Agree with this on the field but there is an off-field statement being made with this change. We're being told it's official that Hastings has finally been given the reigns instead of the usual lip service that this is Brook's team.
On field, I think it's more about backing Hastings than demoting Brooks.

Well after watching the other options get points stacked against them by Newtown last weekend, I totally understand it!

Agree with this on the field but there is an off-field statement being made with this change. We're being told it's official that Hastings has finally been given the reigns instead of the usual lip service that this is Brook's team.
On field, I think it's more about backing Hastings than demoting Brooks.
Finally? He’s only played 2 games

I think he means that from an off field perspective finally the club has made a statement that Brooks is no longer running the show.
Be what it may but I’ve watched every game this year and in each game I’ve seen Brooks play second fiddle to the other half. A lot will criticise and say he is playing like he doesn’t care. No he is playing pretty much like Benji played in his last couple of seasons after the club backed Brooks back then as the teams halfback. The reigns had been handed over to Jackson / Madden from the beginning of the season. Fair enough not naming Madden in the 7; In a way Brooks has coped all the pressure and criticism and gameplan changes thrown at him and still turns up everyday and tries to do his job. Bit unfair to make the same statement by putting a rookie of less than 10 games in charge at halfback.

Okay, I should have written that officially, "another player has finally been given the reins".

We've been told for too long it's Brook's team when he clearly isn't up to it. In his two games Hastings looks more likely to be up to running the team so this is a public backing of him.

Okay, I should have written that officially, "another player has finally been given the reins".

We've been told for too long it's Brook's team when he clearly isn't up to it. In his two games Hastings looks more likely to be up to running the team so this is a public backing of him.
Yes but my point is ‘he hasn’t looked up to it’ because that role has been taken off him.

Latest posts

Members online

Back