Wests Tigers Team vs Brisbane Broncos R20

Carrigan referred straight to the judiciary for his tackle. No grading could be a long spell. And to think the penalty originally went against us because Tamou stood up for his player

shame about Hastings. He was really growing into that 13 role…(looks like a clean break of the lower leg)

I do think the tackle was a freak accident but scary how those type of gang tackles where they pile in on the legs are creeping into the game.
I really hope he is okay but it doesn't look good after watching the footage again. Have we heard any more news about JH?

Thought it was a bit rich from Cooper Cronk last night talking about how dangerous the hip-drop tackles are when he played for a team where pressue point style tackles were common practice (and were left un-penalised).

I really hope he is okay but it doesn't look good after watching the footage again. Have we heard any more news about JH?

Thought it was a bit rich from Cooper Cronk last night talking about how dangerous the hip-drop tackles are when he played for a team where pressue point style tackles were common practice (and were left un-penalised).
Out for the season. Sucks but the seasons a write off anyway.

Come back fully fit and firing for next year

shame about Hastings. He was really growing into that 13 role…(looks like a clean break of the lower leg)

I do think the tackle was a freak accident but scary how those type of gang tackles where they pile in on the legs are creeping into the game.
I’m sure he didn’t mean the injury but that tackle was always dangerous. He’s got two blokes on top of him and Carrigan drags him down by unweighting himself and folds him backwards while restricting where his legs can go. Recipe for disaster putting hundreds of kegs through leg bones and joints.

I don’t think they were poor. They had chances to win that
Exactly what Kevvie Walters said in the presser. He said he thought Broncos played OK, just that Tigers did better in the clutch moments. He thought Broncos were actually finishing over the top, but Tigers wrestled back control of the game and fought better for the small plays.

He was very respectful of the win.

I called my mate today , chinwag catch up.
🎯🎯
me- whats doin bro ?

him- you coming ?

me- where ?

him- Kogarah ?

me- nah, who ya playing ?

him- cowboys ?

I honestly wanted to go with him, to give in all my WT glory.

Im very very loud both here and at games.

Exactly what Kevvie Walters said in the presser. He said he thought Broncos played OK, just that Tigers did better in the clutch moments. He thought Broncos were actually finishing over the top, but Tigers wrestled back control of the game and fought better for the small plays.

I have a lot of time for Walters as he always seems to be a realist when describing football and gives respect to players and clubs equally.Certainly he would have his bias but it does not seem to effect his judgment.If he ever gave coaching away he would be the perfect replacement for that pathetic Annesley

Yeah he's correct.... There were like 3 distinct momenium swings in the 2nd half.... A bit square to start and then
1) we started to tear thru them....
2) The two captains challenges gave the Broncos a breather and they took charge and started to gain momentum on us...
3) But then we. Wrestled back. Control. And finished far stronger

The fact it’s outlawed means the refs know teams are training for it. 5 years ago everyone would called that an unfortunate event . It’s pretty grubby that this stuff is taught .

The fact it’s outlawed means the refs know teams are training for it. 5 years ago everyone would called that an unfortunate event . It’s pretty grubby that this stuff is taught .
? The hip drop? Not sure how that relates to me.

Have the bunker confirmed our two points from Saturday yet? I couldn't tell if the game ended with a short, long, soft, hard or flaccid whistle.

Ennis would not stop saying "Broncos are on top here" until Tigers really started to roll them 2nd half.
To be fair the Broncos were on top for be 60 minutes last night. We were pretty poor for the vast majority of the match.

The first half was woeful. So many stupid errors, poor defence. Luckily the Broncos made their share of mistakes too. We came out strong in the second half and dominated the first 20 before being again engulfed for most of the remaining time.

If we played a team playing well we'd have been down by plenty at halftime.

Still a wins a win. They didn't let their heads drop which was a nice change and that gave us the chance to win the game

Back