Wests Tigers Team

Eye_Of_Wests_Tigers

Wests Tigers Coach Tim Sheens has named his team to play Sydney Roosters at the Sydney Football Stadium on Sunday, August 9, at 2pm in round 22 of the Telstra Premiership.
1\. Shannon Gallant
2\. Taniela Tuiaki
3\. Blake Asyhford
4\. Chris Lawrence
5\. Beau Ryan

6\. Benji Marshall
7\. Tim Moltzen

8\. Bryce Gibbs
9\. Robbie Farah
10\. Todd Payten
11\. Gareth Ellis
12\. Danny Galea
13\. Corey Payne

Interchange
14\. John Morris
15\. Chris Heighnington
16\. Keith Galloway
17\. John Skandalis
18\. Dean Collis

Would think Collis would drop off the bench again.

Liking the consistency.

Sticking with both Heighnington and Galloway on the bench, interesting choice by Sheens. But in saying that, the starting 13 have been outstanding the past 4 weeks. Should come close to victory with this team

@Eye Of Wests Tigers said:
Sticking with both Heighnington and Galloway on the bench, interesting choice by Sheens. But in saying that, the starting 13 have been outstanding the past 4 weeks. Should come close to victory with this team

Actually form suggests we should annihilate them with this team.

@MacDougall said:
@Eye Of Wests Tigers said:

Actually form suggests we should annihilate them with this team.

:laughing: yes that is correct, although whenever we look certainties to beat a team, KABOOM we go down in a heap, not planning to take this roosters team to light but we should win and quite comfortably at that

I understand its the same team as last week plus Rhino and KG but why does Sheens persist naming Collis as 18th man when he clearly wont play.

@HappyTiger said:
I understand its the same team as last week plus Rhino and KG but why does Sheens persist naming Collis as 18th man when he clearly wont play.

i would say either Lawrence or Ayshford is carrying an injury

Agree with keeping the same team. Looks good.
But as others have said - Why Is Collis picked as 18 ?? Can someone enlighten me..? I have always rated Collis and I'm sad he is going BUT Why do we feel the need to make him part of the team, Is someone under an injury cloud, I'd even understand if he was signed up for next year, but in light of the fact he's signed elsewhere for next year it makes this even more puzzling as wouldn't some other young gun or well performing BRET or Maggies player be a better option ie Akeripa, Pritchard etc..

I just really wonder what is the reasoning.. if there is truly an injury cloud to one of our wingers or centres then that would be fine because Collis does have experience and was the incumbant before injury and it could be risky to put a young back in at this stage of the season with us still a chance to make the 8 (I may have answered my own question, but it still doesnt really make sense if everyone is fit) ..anyone ?

I love how boring tuesday has become. With winning, we know what the side will be, its great.

Good side.

Collis in as 18th man is a good move.

I tried to get my spies to give me the heads up on how everyone has pulled up but no responses just yet.

I wonder if the Fonz is itching to run out with Ayshford at lock and Collis in the centres???

I reackon he is ding to give that a crack. Time will tell.

No need to mess with the side from last night IMO. Everyone turned up to play and did their job and I think this bench is the strongest the Tigers have this season.

Channel 10 sport showed the Tigers at their recovery session at a pool. The boys looked in good spirits and they spoke to Moltzen briefly who was surprised that Mini has been named at 6 for the Roosters. Farah also asked the question if he had ever played there before.

Good team and no changes once again which is excellent to see. With Blake Asyhford playing good I can Dean Collis dropping off the bench once again.

Why do we feel the need to make him part of the team, Is someone under an injury cloud, I'd even understand if he was signed up for next year, but in light of the fact he's signed elsewhere for next year it makes this even more puzzling

To answer you question, because he IS part of our team!!
Why are you not asking the same of Morris who has signed with another team for next year?
Collis had his arm broken during first grade training,he was not out on the drink/doing drugs in a nightclub,and regardless of how he is being treated by some on here,he is not a murderer! He deserves to be back just as much as Keef,Heigno,Halatau and anyone else until the end of the Grand Final and Mad Monday celebrations.
On top of all that,doesn't it make sense to have a back on the bench?

Naming Collis allows the others on the fringe to keep up game time.

If a Schirnack or Hanbury is called upon this late in the season you don't want them not having played for weeks.

@king sirro said:
I love how boring tuesday has become. With winning, we know what the side will be, its great.

What are you talking about…It was the same team basically when we where losing..... :laughing: we new what that was going to be too....Wow it's quite funny really...

Yeh,…. 1\. Moltzen, 6\. Morris, 7\. Marshall is basically the same as 1\. Gallant, 6\. Marshall, 7\. Moltzen....basically. :unamused:

Latest posts

Members online

Back