WestsLife podcast

Given we are once again, a ‘development club’. And given the Magpies NSW Cup and junior reps are where a hefty number of this development is coming from ... if I were setting up to gas bag with some authority and quite some venom, for hours every week about everything Wests Tigers - I would have thought following the Magpies social media may have been a fairly relevant source of info.

It’s not hard, you just go to Wests Magpies and hit ‘follow’ - the information then finds you 😜

Interestingly one of the other members of Wests Life poddy went as far as to say he doesn’t support Wests NSW Cup side 🤣🤣🤣🤣 .
They are funny fellas -“Go the Tiges” 🤔
View attachment 1471

Now you're telling them who to follow on social media....
Really...

Build a bridge.

• Wow
Reactions: BZN
As Matchball said there should have been one of Tommy's former teammates receiving that jersey. Christ, did anyone think to ring Roy Masters? Les Boyd, John Dorahy, Bruce Gibbs, Warren Boland, even Mick Liubinskas...

Any one of them would have had more meaning to Tommy than the Fedora.

He has family doesn't he?
They should have received any gesture from the club.

“telling” ???
You might need to reread my post 🤔

It's certainly wasn't a suggestion...
If they have no interest in the Magpies - They have no interest.
What don't you get about that?
How many of that posse that bang on about the RM Cup side like it's the 60's Dragons care about Balmain - Or even Wests Tigers for that matter?

Those of us who do care - Already follow the pages.
Let it go...

• Wow
Ive listened to their pod since day 1 and Lee + Pascoe do cop a lot of justified criticism from Rob, however he does take it far with swearing insults and name calling - I think that's what triggered Lee's response, being called F wit pretty much every episode.

Lee in his follow up texts did give a much more sensible and reasonable response - which aren't shown in the article and I'm sure he wishes he never sent the original...but I kinda get it.

I do think it's a little ironic Rob keeps bringing it up and directly leaked it to DT (as he mentioned they reached out to him in the latest ep) but then complains we keep getting smashed in the media. Like Lee should of done, put your ego aside and let it go.

Ive listened to their pod since day 1 and Lee + Pascoe do cop a lot of justified criticism from Rob, however he does take it far with swearing insults and name calling - I think that's what triggered Lee's response, being called F wit pretty much every episode.

Lee in his follow up texts did give a much more sensible and reasonable response - which aren't shown in the article and I'm sure he wishes he never sent the original...but I kinda get it.

I do think it's a little ironic Rob keeps bringing it up and directly leaked it to DT (as he mentioned they reached out to him in the latest ep) but then complains we keep getting smashed in the media. Like Lee should of done, put your ego aside and let it go.

Then leaks Lee text to the media.

AfAny other respectable chairman wouldn't speak to their fanbase this way.
Time for him to move on
Has a very shifty face.

View attachment 1525

Thinks its good he's sticking up for a club member that gets abused by an individual weekly.
However , again, Lee and Justin continue to give fans relevance which just increases the target on their back.

U know what's funny I can imagine Lee taking 2 hours to type that out doing the old person index 1 finger typing
I'm thinking he would be like Dennis Denuto in the castle talking into his dictaphone then turning around and one finger typing 😂😂

yeh .... it was ego that leaked it and still keeps bringing it up. I like the pod but this is a dumb move when we're trying to recruit a coach, retain players and stay out of the media.

I think they internally don't even follow the club anymore.

Like they say on star wars hatred makes you blind.

I think they internally don't even follow the club anymore.

Like they say on star wars hatred makes you blind.
I can see Lee calling them 'so called' supporters. Only real supporters can see how great a job they are doing running the club.

What an idiotic statement made by Lee. Fans still go to games, fans click on articles that brings in revenue via sponsors. Bryden themselves wouldn't be sponsoring us if the "fans" didn't exist. The club isn't existing because of the great CEOs and Chairmen we have had, the clubs are existing for only one reason and that's fans. As a lawyer and a businessman, he should know that. If he doesn't know that, there is something seriously wrong here.

Thinking deeper into it, Lee was fully aware that this text will go public. I shudder to think what he would be saying to his staff behind closed doors.

I haven't really bagged Lee and Pascoe previously because they seem good at their main job of keeping the club financially stable. However, they both don't seem like good leaders. They come across amateurish and unprofessional. From the Farah fiasco, Tiger Town take, this and the general lack of faith in management.

I'm not sure if there is a CFO position at the club, but maybe Pascoe is better off in that role. Being a good leader and setting professional standards to me is more important than just increasing revenue. In fact, even the increase in revenue you'd have to compare it to other clubs who have also gotten so much more exposure through social media.

I feel so disappointed with this whole thing.

What an idiotic statement made by Lee. Fans still go to games, fans click on articles that brings in revenue via sponsors. Bryden themselves wouldn't be sponsoring us if the "fans" didn't exist. The club isn't existing because of the great CEOs and Chairmen we have had, the clubs are existing for only one reason and that's fans. As a lawyer and a businessman, he should know that. If he doesn't know that, there is something seriously wrong here.

Thinking deeper into it, Lee was fully aware that this text will go public. I shudder to think what he would be saying to his staff behind closed doors.

I haven't really bagged Lee and Pascoe previously because they seem good at their main job of keeping the club financially stable. However, they both don't seem like good leaders. They come across amateurish and unprofessional. From the Farah fiasco, Tiger Town take, this and the general lack of faith in management.

I'm not sure if there is a CFO position at the club, but maybe Pascoe is better off in that role. Being a good leader and setting professional standards to me is more important than just increasing revenue. In fact, even the increase in revenue you'd have to compare it to other clubs who have also gotten so much more exposure through social media.

I agree that’s it’s extremely disappointing that we see poor fan engagement from the club. One point thought is their focus on their “main job” has detracted from the whole purpose of the club though which is to win NRL games. That’s the singular main goal. Somewhere along the way they’ve managed to convince people that other goals are equally as important and justify their “success”.

Last edited:

You state your case extremely well.

Back