What Books Are People Reading?

![images - 2021-12-17T061942.999.jpeg](/assets/uploads/files/1639682473282-images-2021-12-17t061942.999.jpeg)

@Kaito .. we getting war ready.
2022, its gonna get cold.
šŸ„¶

Read heaps, especially as there's only so much electronics and screen time u can take.

I read / study the Bible almost daily also currently reading David Gemmell, legend of deathwalker, Les Miserables.

Next is to re read The Road by Cormac McCarthy

@spartan117 said in [What Books Are People Reading?](/post/1517836) said:
Next is to re rwad The Road by Cormac McCarthy

McCarthy's my favourite living author. I remember the excitement of getting books about a year apart back in 05/06. I'm starting to think we won't get another.

@diedpretty said in [What Books Are People Reading?](/post/1516316) said:
This is a good read for anyone who is in to Aussie pub rock.

![s-l16001.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1639181859659-s-l16001.jpg) ![s-l1600.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1639181859226-s-l1600.jpg)

I do love a good Ian Rilen story.

@enmoretiger-0 said in [What Books Are People Reading?](/post/1367204) said:
What books are people reading?
I just finished The Phoney Victory, by Peter Hitchens. I am a history buff so this was very interesting about WW2, does not paint the British in a great light.
I have just started reading Jared Diamond's book Guns Germs & Steel after I read his book Upheavel, which was fantastic.
I am more a history reader, but I do read good fiction.
What is everyone else reading?

I looked it up:
https://www.newstatesman.com/culture/2018/09/Peter-Hitchens-Phoney-Victory-World-War-II-Delusion
Judging by the review. This is nothing new. I mean 8th Grade History (if your at School, Pick History Over Geography) everyone said Poland was the wrong hill to stand on. Tactically it was Czech, but self determination made germanys claims credible to the north of the country. Naturally germany gobbles the wholencountry super fast.

Its not a new perspective. Politically no one wanted another war.

He doesnt pick a time and well Meh. Naturally I say this based off a few reviews. Well worth reading on WW2 particularly Russian history, because thats where things are really stuffed up.

What am I reading...CISSP. yep boring IT security.

@eyewondertwo said in [What Books Are People Reading?](/post/1367425) said:
just finished the last days of john lennon.what is evident is that the beatles didnt really want to be together and outgrew their early successes so the notion that yoko ono split the beatles up is a wrong one.
lennons murderer quoted excerts from his favourite book- catcher in the rye throughout the trial.
the book sheds more light on the group dynamics of the beatles and the political statements which were contained in lennons songs.
for a beatles tragic a worthwhile read.

Wait, Lennons Murderer basically just killed Lennon. He took an opportunity that was available.
He wasnt a Beatle I believe. He just wanted to kill someone famous and realised that politicians had protection. He was a Nobody who wantwd to be a somebody in the Dumbest way possible and regretted the decision soon after.

@masterton said in [What Books Are People Reading?](/post/1517879) said:
@spartan117 said in [What Books Are People Reading?](/post/1517836) said:
Next is to re rwad The Road by Cormac McCarthy

McCarthy's my favourite living author. I remember the excitement of getting books about a year apart back in 05/06. I'm starting to think we won't get another.

The road is so confronting and powerful as a Dad myself.

Love it.

@spartan117 said in [What Books Are People Reading?](/post/1517892) said:
The road is so confronting and powerful as a Dad myself

True. I literally wanted to put the book down and go hug my son on numerous occasions.

@tony-soprano said in [What Books Are People Reading?](/post/1516097) said:
I watched a few episodes of abc books that made us about Aussie authors

Read honeybee. Very good book

Have to agree. One of the best novels I have read in a long time. Another of Craig Sylvie's is Jasper Jones - good read too.

@mac said in [What Books Are People Reading?](/post/1519271) said:
@tony-soprano said in [What Books Are People Reading?](/post/1516097) said:
I watched a few episodes of abc books that made us about Aussie authors

Read honeybee. Very good book

Have to agree. One of the best novels I have read in a long time. Another of Craig Sylvie's is Jasper Jones - good read too.

So easy to read he is a word magician.

I got a couple of Christos Tsiolkas books reading Damascus not as easy to read but pretty good.

Just finished ā€œSPANIAN - unfiltered Hood lifeā€

Havenā€™t laughed that hard in awhile . Recommend you guys check it out

@trentrunciman said in [What Books Are People Reading?](/post/1519335) said:

šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„

Haven't read but I love the guy.
His podcast has been great too.

What a recommendation!!

@demps said in [What Books Are People Reading?](/post/1519339) said:

???

What a recommendation!!

Never heard of him before until I read his book. Interesting hearing about the socio economic issues faced by Aboriginals and the poor man. How corrupt the police can be and the flaws of the justice system.

Iā€™ve been so sheltered in Sydney. Very easy read too, finished in a week

Just got 'empire of the vampire'. Fantasy. See how it goes.

@trentrunciman said in [What Books Are People Reading?](/post/1519347) said:
@demps said in [What Books Are People Reading?](/post/1519339) said:

???

What a recommendation!!

Never heard of him before until I read his book. Interesting hearing about the socio economic issues faced by Aboriginals and the poor man. How corrupt the police can be and the flaws of the justice system.

Iā€™ve been so sheltered in Sydney. Very easy read too, finished in a week

He isn't aboriginal eh, but obviously growing up on Redfern, Glebe and Wollomoloo.. has seen some dramas.

Check out his interviews and even his own podcast man, one very interesting character.

@dgilly said in [What Books Are People Reading?](/post/1516137) said:
I am currently reading Beowulf - a great English epic

Good stuff, I have a copy of that that has it in both modern English and the original old English, the latter is almost impossible to read, but it's interesting to compare.

@tilllindemann said in [What Books Are People Reading?](/post/1519354) said:
@dgilly said in [What Books Are People Reading?](/post/1516137) said:
I am currently reading Beowulf - a great English epic

Good stuff, I have a copy of that that has it in both modern English and the original old English, the latter is almost impossible to read, but it's interesting to compare.

Ah nice, always hard to determine the best translation

Back