What Books Are People Reading?

Books are one of my greatest loves, but also one of my greatest procrastinations. I have shelves and tubs full of them, but I just keep putting off reading them. It’s to my detriment really, as I love to write, and I find the more I read, the more it helps my writing. Unfortunately, I don’t have the attention span most of the time to sit there with a book. So I end up procrastinating with my writing too.

Books are one of my greatest loves, but also one of my greatest procrastinations. I have shelves and tubs full of them, but I just keep putting off reading them. It’s to my detriment really, as I love to write, and I find the more I read, the more it helps my writing. Unfortunately, I don’t have the attention span most of the time to sit there with a book. So I end up procrastinating with my writing too.
Me too :cry: , so I found that audible book option works for me, usually listen when I go shipping, and in a gym. For 8 to 12 hours book, it takes about a week typically.

Me too :cry: , so I found that audible book option works for me, usually listen when I go shipping, and in a gym. For 8 to 12 hours book, it takes about a week typically.
Yep. Highly recommend audible books. I listen while I'm doing boring chores, exercising, driving to and from work, and before I go to sleep. I've recently discovered the "end of chapter" option on Audible, so I don't have to rewind 3 hours of missed story! 🤣

I've listened to all the Chris Hammer books. I like them. I'm listening to Lola in the Mirror which is the 3rd of Trent Dalton's books.i pretty much read/listen to anything. I like a good murder mystery, though.

Yep. Highly recommend audible books. I listen while I'm doing boring chores, exercising, driving to and from work, and before I go to sleep. I've recently discovered the "end of chapter" option on Audible, so I don't have to rewind 3 hours of missed story! 🤣

I've listened to all the Chris Hammer books. I like them. I'm listening to Lola in the Mirror which is the 3rd of Trent Dalton's books.i pretty much read/listen to anything. I like a good murder mystery, though.
My favourite fiction authors are: Michael Connelly, Chris Ryan, Lee Childs, David Baldacci, Nelson De Mille, Scott Pratt, Jack Carr ..

I've listened to all the Chris Hammer books. I like them. I'm listening to Lola in the Mirror which is the 3rd of Trent Dalton's books.i pretty much read/listen to anything. I like a good murder mystery,
Interesting SQ, these days i can only read non fiction. Is that an age thing I wonder ?
Facts not fantasy !

For racing types only, I’ve just read;
“ Give a Man a Horse “ by Dianne Haworth.
The story of Sir Patrick Hogan , NZs greatest ever horse breeder. Fascinating story.

I'll look that one up.

Patrick Hogan was at Warwick Farm one day with Guy Walter looking at his horses being worked.

We had a filly with Guy at the time called Too Darn Hot. She'd had a few starts but hadn't shown a lot. She was going to be better the further they went.

Hogan asked Guy, "Who's that filly?"

Guy answered, "Too Darn Hot, a Noble Bijou filly. We call her Too Darn Slow."

Hogan told Guy that one day it will click with her. He said she just needed time.

He was right. She ended her career with 6 wins, 4 in town and went on to be a great broodmare. She threw multiple G1 winner Niwot amongst others.

We are currently racing her grand daughter, Bush Girl.

Feline Carrier. Its a life changer. What you have to understand about Dostoevsky is that he started writing after he was about to get hung somewhere in Russia, maybe Siberia - on a cold winter morning.... I mean....really cold....but his life was spared with a few others before the noose was tightened,,, in the last moments. The rest is history. Great choice. Enjoy it.

Love Chris Hammer books! The Tilt is probably one of my all time favourites, The Seven was good as well. Also like Jane Harper’s books, particularly The Dry which was made into a movie that I haven’t seen. Just finished reading The Exiles this week, also a well written mystery.

Like you I love a good murder mystery. I find the Aussie writers some of the best, maybe it’s because I relate to the background imagery and atmosphere more.

Love Chris Hammer books! The Tilt is probably one of my all time favourites, The Seven was good as well. Also like Jane Harper’s books, particularly The Dry which was made into a movie that I haven’t seen. Just finished reading The Exiles this week, also a well written mystery.

Like you I love a good murder mystery. I find the Aussie writers some of the best, maybe it’s because I relate to the background imagery and atmosphere more.
Love Chris Hammer.

I'm Into The Tilt at the moment but work reading means I have to spend more time on the Inglis Premier Sale yearling calalogue for early next month. Priorities lol?

Same I don't read books anymore I much prefer listening to audiobooks. I blame the lack of attention span on the Internet.

I am about to reread 3 of my favourite books.Lord of the Rings (Tolkien) Red Storm Rising (Clancy) and Shogun (Clavell).It is over 10 years since i last read them and i try to do it every decade or so

I am about to reread 3 of my favourite books.Lord of the Rings (Tolkien) Red Storm Rising (Clancy) and Shogun (Clavell).It is over 10 years since i last read them and i try to do it every decade or so

Is Society by and large reading books? Not electronic books, but books that smell like pulp. Seems to be a few here.
Never have read an electronic book and probably never will.

I love the musty, bookish smell.

Clavell's Shogun triology (?) are some of the best books I have read. I must read them again!!

Back