@demps said in [What Books Are People Reading?](/post/1519339) said:
@trentrunciman said in [What Books Are People Reading?](/post/1519335) said:
Just finished “SPANIAN - unfiltered Hood life”

Haven’t laughed that hard in awhile . Recommend you guys check it out

???

Haven't read but I love the guy.
His podcast has been great too.

What a recommendation!!

Never heard of him before until I read his book. Interesting hearing about the socio economic issues faced by Aboriginals and the poor man. How corrupt the police can be and the flaws of the justice system.

I’ve been so sheltered in Sydney. Very easy read too, finished in a week

He isn't aboriginal eh, but obviously growing up on Redfern, Glebe and Wollomoloo.. has seen some dramas.

Check out his interviews and even his own podcast man, one very interesting character.

Nah, he’s not Aboriginal but he hung out with a lot of Aboriginals in the Glebe wolo area in the lower socio economic areas. His dad is Spanish or half. He spent most of his life in prison all around NSW so he became family to many of the Aboriginal community, many of which are in prison. Very sad really.

I started listening to some of his music too. Less American style and more Aussie which is refreshing. Reminds of groups like Ila Familia.

Just read Empire of the Vampire. Really good. Kind of reminds me of the Kingkiller chronicles a bit.

Look forward to the next book.

@demps said in [What Books Are People Reading?](/post/1519350) said:
@trentrunciman said in [What Books Are People Reading?](/post/1519347) said:
@demps said in [What Books Are People Reading?](/post/1519339) said:
@trentrunciman said in [What Books Are People Reading?](/post/1519335) said:
Just finished “SPANIAN - unfiltered Hood life”

Haven’t laughed that hard in awhile . Recommend you guys check it out

???

Haven't read but I love the guy.
His podcast has been great too.

What a recommendation!!

Never heard of him before until I read his book. Interesting hearing about the socio economic issues faced by Aboriginals and the poor man. How corrupt the police can be and the flaws of the justice system.

I’ve been so sheltered in Sydney. Very easy read too, finished in a week

He isn't aboriginal eh, but obviously growing up on Redfern, Glebe and Wollomoloo.. has seen some dramas.

Check out his interviews and even his own podcast man, one very interesting character.

lol the bloke is a Wayne Kerr from a long way back.
Has managed to turn that into wealth so good on him.

I stumbled across this mob by accident when Port Macquarie was starting a chapter. Jumped in and read the book of the month ( Sharks In The Time Of Saviours ) which i had never heard of and rocked up to the first meeting. It was interesting. Following months book was One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest - unfortunately i was sick and couldn't make the meeting.

If your interested in meeting new people, having a few beers and a laugh - and yea there is some discussion of the book of the month - its worth checking out.

I'm reading a bunch of Stephen King books.

The Talisman and Black House. These are awesome.
I started the Dark Tower series. I read the Gunslinger and it was terrible but the second book The Drawing of the Three was unreal.
I read The Green Mile and it was awesome as well.
I also read Ann Cleeve's newish Two Rivers series. They are good as well.
I finished The Shetland series as well (by Ann Cleeve). It's a great series.

I am so jealous of you guys and girls being able to read books as I can't anymore.
I was an avid reader of old newspapers found in Tasmanian Archives and Journals from around the country pre WW1.
The reason I can't read books that are more than about 4 inches wide is because of a history of partial brain damage.
Sounds about right of ol Cobar you might be thinking 🤣.
When I sustained near death injuries I was placed in an induced coma to relieve pressure on the brain. Whilst brain surgery was not required, bruising took time to subside.
I won't bore you with too many details but one of the side effects was not being able to retain what just happened or what I just read. (a bit like temporary amnesia)
As far as reading is concerned it was easier to read sentences on a page that is about 6 words wide.
Texting on a phone is perfect but reading a book is a struggle.
I tried audio books but I fall asleep which is another disorder.
Now you know why I love the forum... it's great texting to who I consider as my new family and it is great therapy.
The brain learns how to rechanel brainwaves, a process called neuroplasticity.
Endorphins and serotonin levels play a big part in brain heath and can be directly linked to reading something that triggers emotions...sad, happy, threatened, safety, and anger are all different types of emotions that can help heal the brain.
Vit D and Omega-3 helps too. So reading a book whilst eating sardines out in the sun is very good for you brain! 🤣🤣
Reading is a mental process of recall. Every word you read triggers memory recall.
Explains why some articles are hard to read because your having trouble with words that don't make sense....no recall.
The reason I'm telling you all this is and I'm so sorry if it's bored you a bit, is you must look after your noggin. That's we're everthing starts and ends. You die when you brain stops functioning.
Reading is an awesome way to keep those brain cells active, to keep fit even if the waist line doesn't agree.
Good health everybody.
🤜🤛

I'm reading a bunch of Stephen King books.

The Talisman and Black House. These are awesome.
I started the Dark Tower series. I read the Gunslinger and it was terrible but the second book The Drawing of the Three was unreal.
I read The Green Mile and it was awesome as well.
I also read Ann Cleeve's newish Two Rivers series. They are good as well.
I finished The Shetland series as well (by Ann Cleeve). It's a great series.
agree dark tower guns linger pretty hard to get into, didn't finish that.
Running man is pretty good Stephen King writing as Richard Bachmann, the Schwarzenegger movie in the 80's was loosely based on the book.
Reading hunt for red October, the tom Clancy books are pretty good like Rainbow Six

agree dark tower guns linger pretty hard to get into, didn't finish that.
Running man is pretty good Stephen King writing as Richard Bachmann, the Schwarzenegger movie in the 80's was loosely based on the book.
Reading hunt for red October, the tom Clancy books are pretty good like Rainbow Six

The gunslinger is a small book. I tried to read it previously and gave up. I forced myself through it this time because I read the first book was bad but the other books were good.

I read the Running Man years ago. It was nothing at all like the movie.

I think I've read a lot of Tom Clancy books. I'm getting too old to remember. I remember reading a bunch of Frederick Forsyth's books. They were great.

The gunslinger is a small book. I tried to read it previously and gave up. I forced myself through it this time because I read the first book was bad but the other books were good.

I read the Running Man years ago. It was nothing at all like the movie.

I think I've read a lot of Tom Clancy books. I'm getting too old to remember. I remember reading a bunch of Frederick Forsyth's books. They were great.
Agree Forsyth is good
In relation to running man they ate thinking a series based on the book so that would be good if it happened

Just finished the audio book of Robby Krieger's autobiography. Fantastic listen/read. If you're a Doors fan it's a mustread but even if you're not it's one of the best I've come across in the rock bio genre.

The Marxification of Education: Paulo Freire's Critical Marxism and the Theft of Education, James Lindsay,

Signature in the Cell: DNA and the Evidence for Intelligent Design, Stephen Meyer,​

Seven Days that Divide the World, 10th Anniversary Edition: The Beginning According to Genesis and Science, John Lennox​

Free Market Revolution: How Ayn Rand’s Ideas Can End Big Government, Yaron Brook​

Social Justice Fallacies, Thomas Sowell​

For racing types only, I’ve just read;
“ Give a Man a Horse “ by Dianne Haworth.
The story of Sir Patrick Hogan , NZs greatest ever horse breeder. Fascinating story.

Just finished the audio book of Robby Krieger's autobiography. Fantastic listen/read. If you're a Doors fan it's a mustread but even if you're not it's one of the best I've come across in the rock bio genre.
Seeing your post actually reminded me of my favourite book Catch 22.

"The Battle for Spain" Anthony Beevor which many historians are starting to acknowledge as the real start to WW2 in Europe

Back