What happened to the Tigers and Fiji link?

Needaname

Oh that’s right, the Roosters got it sorted

The Roosters have built a partnership with the Fijian club and the Silktails will call Sydney home for the next seven months, featuring in the Ron Massey Cup after originally being invited to play in the NSWRL last season prior to the fallout from the coronavirus pandemic.

Signed this bloke as a result.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/2021-sydney-roosters-sign-vuate-karawalevu-fiji-sensation-trent-robinson-round-1-roosters-vs-sea-eagles/news-story/eace0a69e7e2eba28436d98e36ed6288

I think we went for the indigneous roots and also nz after we lost them to the rorters
Showed it paid off tho

@thedaboss said in [What happened to the Tigers and Fiji link?](/post/1307294) said:
I think we went for the indigneous roots and also nz after we lost them to the rorters
Showed it paid off tho

That’s true. I’d be curious why it ended up not working out for us. I thought our club was the pioneer in considering and engaging Fiji RL to become a feeder option.

I imagine we were looking at it, then the Sharks offered them more cash than us, then the Roosters offered more money than the Sharks. Makes sense as they don't have any juniors.

Hence i think why we've been focusing on Indigenous collaborations since.

Back