What your club says about its interest in the Fab Four

G

What your club says about its interest in the Fab Four
July 18, 2010

Dragons CEO Peter Doust

''No. Managing our salary cap is an ongoing process and we certainly don't have that level of funds available to us in the immediate future.''

Sea Eagles CEO Graham Lowe

''No, we wouldn't be looking at them. It's not a priority for us.''

Knights CEO Steve Burraston

''We're pretty happy with our hooker [Isaac De Gois], we've got Jarrod Mullen and Ben Rogers in the halves and we've got one of the best fullbacks in the game. It probably limits our opportunities. A centre could be interesting for us if it was Greg Inglis. If any of those guys come on the market, it's probably only Greg Inglis we'd have a look at.''

Broncos CEO Bruno Cullen

''We certainly haven't signed him [Greg Inglis] but his manager has made contact with us to suggest he is interested again and we've agreed to open discussions again on Monday.''

Titans football manager Scott Clarke

''Obviously we are always interested in players of that sort of calibre. However, the reality of the situation is that it would be difficult to fit them into our salary cap for next season.''

Sharks football manager Darren Mooney

''I wouldn't rule it out. We're down the track in negotiations with a number of players and we're keeping all of our options open.''

Eels CEO Paul Osborne

''We have room to sign one of them, it comes down to whether the Storm are prepared to let any of them go. We've obviously got a pretty good fullback [Jarryd Hayne], but any of the other three would be a valuable addition to our playing roster.''

Bulldogs CEO Todd Greenberg

''The Bulldogs are always interested in quality players but a lot of our recruitment and retention has already been done for 2011\. We'll await the decisions by Melbourne and then make our own decision.''

Warriors CEO Wayne Scurrah

''You could say we are still in the market for players and we want to get the best players we can find.''

**Tigers CEO Stephen Humphreys\
\
''For the kind of money they are reported to be on, we don't have that kind of room in our cap. The short answer is no, we're not anticipating we'll be making any approaches to the so-called Fab Four.''**

Panthers CEO Mick Leary

''My focus is on re-signing the group that I've got here. Currently, we have no interest in the Melbourne players. We'll try to get this group done first and then put our head up and see what's available.''

Roosters CEO Steve Noyce

''The salary cap would be a limiting factor. We're very excited about the kids we've got and I think we need to focus all our energy on our own kids.''

Cowboys CEO Peter Parr

''No. With Billy Slater being from Innisfail, we'd love to get him back to the Cowboys. But realistically Melbourne would be looking to keep those four and put a team around them. We'll be a bit more realistic and look at a couple of other boys from there.''

Rabbitohs CEO Shane Richardson

''Billy Slater would be the one that we'd chase, but we've got no money under the salary cap, so all we can do is window-shop at this stage.''

Raiders CEO Don Furner

''I'd love to have a Cooper Cronk. We keep hearing they're going to try to keep them, so we haven't really gone down that path.''

We don't need the Fab four. Do we? We got Lawrence on left centre, Farah as hooker. mckinnon, meaney, mullaney at fullback but we might need a halfback. although we do have lui and moltzen so maybe Cronk but he is a Gronk so No to him as well.

I don't think we need any of them. I would consider signing Cronk, but I'm more than happy with Moltzen/Lui right now.

C Cronk!

He would be a good suit for Benji, as he talks, directs, and will take control when the time is right.

Any CEO saying they aren't interested is lying there arses off… Any Tigers Supporter who says we don't want them is living in dream land!!!

yes wests-tigers would benefit from having Cooper cronk.
have about as much chance of that happening, as the titanic emerging from the waters near leichhardt oval :smiley:

The Ceo's are all trying to avoid a bidding war whilst quietly manouvering contracts behind closed doors for mine.
Its not often that players of this calibre are realistically available and all clubs would be mad not to want them.

For the Tigers, I'd be disappointed if they didnt have a go at either Cronk, Ingliss or Slater. We've got Smith covered with Robbie.
Any of these blokes are far superior to who we currently have in their positions.

@stryker said:
The Ceo's are all trying to avoid a bidding war whilst quietly manouvering contracts behind closed doors for mine.
Its not often that players of this calibre are realistically available and all clubs would be mad not to want them.

For the Tigers, I'd be disappointed if they didnt have a go at either Cronk, Ingliss or Slater. We've got Smith covered with Robbie.
Any of these blokes are far superior to who we currently have in their positions.

I wouldn't want any of them for the simple reason that the modern day QLD player is too weak and often gets homesick. Any Sydney club would shift their cap to make room for one of these players and end up losing them midway through their deal.

No thanks.

@TheSunTanSuperman said:
@stryker said:

I wouldn't want any of them for the simple reason that the modern day QLD player is too weak and often gets homesick. Any Sydney club would shift their cap to make room for one of these players and end up losing them midway through their deal.

No thanks.

:laughing: Cant blame them for not wanting to live in Sydney….I wouldn't want to

@Tiger Watto said:
C Cronk!

He would be a good suit for Benji, as he talks, directs, and will take control when the time is right.

Any CEO saying they aren't interested is lying there arses off… Any Tigers Supporter who says we don't want them is living in dream land!!!

Cronk…Yes
Inglis....Yes...but he's gone to another News Limited club replacing Izzi who went to a News Ltd Afl Club so ....No...
Slater....No....cat....don't care if he's the best.....
Cammy...Nup....

@stryker said:
@TheSunTanSuperman said:
@stryker said:

No thanks.

:laughing: Cant blame them for not wanting to live in Sydney….I wouldn't want to

Well if they're that mentally weak that they can't live an hour flight away from their home town then so be it.

Geeze you go on with a load of rot suntansuperman….your little rant has nothing to do with this issue.

These blokes have lived in Melbourne for years and years now - how does that make them home sick and mentally weak?

The players may come onto the open market due to salary cap rorts, not home sickness. Every club would be negligent in their duties to not have a close look at them.

Cronk is good, but really he's not an organiser by any stretch of the imagination so he's hardly a massive upgrade over Moltzen. Moltzen in time will be more than enough, he can both play the linkman, give us structure and take pressure of Benji/Robbie.

Your dreaming…

Cronk is one of the best organisors in the comp. We all love Tim Moltzen, but he is only a shadow when comparing him to Cooper.

Interestingly, Tim Sheens wanted Cooper over Thurston for the 4 Nations final last year as he thought Cooper would service Darren Lockyer better. His plan was to bring JT on as an impact when needed, instead of Gidley. The powers to be decided that wouldn't happen...

Maybe Mr Sheens might be able to have a Chat with him??? Highly unlikely though, as I would presume our Cap is at it's limits...

Smith organises the Storm. Cronk doesn't. Cronk is an excellent playmaker, don't get me wrong, but he doesn't organise. Smith structures the Storm from head to toe, he decides where the ball goes, he decides whether to shift it wide or continue with the momentum and he ultimately decides when Cronk and co. get the ball in their hands. This year it's definitely laxed off with the salary cap scenario, but in the past, more often than not it would Smith calling the shots throughout the game.

I'd only take Cronk, we've plenty of fullbacks waiting in the wings. Meaney should get his turn next year if we don't keep McKinnon on.

Humphreys is lying when he says he's not interested, we just can't afford it.

Back