What's In The Media ~ Other Than Footy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put a hundred on us to win the gf that year, from 10 weeks out, we could score points. I said to the bro in-law it doesn’t matter how many points they score we will score more.
He’s a cock supporter and said BS, but still gave me $50 when I walked into the TAB.
we played souped up touch footy-came out of nowhere-its what Payten is playing now

There's a Wests Tigers article in the Daily Telegraph about "As bad as it gets......"
Could someone kindly upload it so I can read it.
Thanks in advance.

NRL 360. That’s what you get for tuning in. Chasing tails, back to the start stuff. Renty has a scoop on gods next move, the Parramatta Jesus to partner Moses in the halves while the king is actually a queen , B Arthur and Martha , sign somewhere over the rainbow.

Nick Kyrgios is being sued by a female lawyer for a substantial undisclosed amount of money who Nick claims was drunk and was affecting his game.
Foxsports:
Nick Kyrgios made a reckless and entirely baseless allegation against me, the complainant said. Not only did this cause considerable harm on the day, resulting in my temporary removal from the arena.....but Mr Kyrgios false allegation was broadcast to, and read by millions around the world, causing me and my family substantial damage and distress. I will donate any successful damages monies to charity.
-Anna Palus

I not a huge fan of Nick but I wonder how many people bait players so something like this eventuates, a chance to make a name for themselves and their companies? 🤔

Nick Kyrgios is being sued by a female lawyer for a substantial undisclosed amount of money who Nick claims was drunk and was affecting his game.
Foxsports:
Nick Kyrgios made a reckless and entirely baseless allegation against me, the complainant said. Not only did this cause considerable harm on the day, resulting in my temporary removal from the arena.....but Mr Kyrgios false allegation was broadcast to, and read by millions around the world, causing me and my family substantial damage and distress. I will donate any successful damages monies to charity.
-Anna Palus

I not a huge fan of Nick but I wonder how many people bait players so something like this eventuates, a chance to make a name for themselves and their companies? 🤔
I reckon she’s looking for a cheap settlement/payout for it to go away. Easy money…if it was jo blo with no coin there’s no case.

I reckon she’s looking for a cheap settlement/payout for it to go away. Easy money…if it was jo blo with no coin there’s no case.
Tennis is a game where the fans are so close to the players.
I've been to one tennis match at Milton and players can hear a fan fart.
Surely a player would condition themselves for this and block out the noise.
If Nick loses this case, maybe he'll shut up and play tennis.

Hastings plans of playing for England at the World Cup in October, and hopefully lining up against the man who injured him.

Christmas in August...
NRL
players to receive up to $350,000 in backpay
NRL players are set to receive 78 per cent of the money they sacrificed the past three seasons, while Origin players will also take home a bonus.

James NRL career finished
‘I’m not too sure’: Tamou gets downgrade, but coy about future.

Andrew Fifita is officially for sale - and the premiership-winning prop is open to the idea of a Wests Tigers homecoming.

Incoming Weststigers recruit Apisai Koroisau has confirmed he has no plans on backflipping from his deal with the club despite a lack of form and coaching change.
Koroisau has also revealed he is on a self-imposed alcohol ban this season, which he believes has led to his strong form.
The ban on alcohol came up after his COVID-19 breach during last year's State of Origin series.
"I'm at a good spot in my life with no drinking and I think it's showing in my footy too," he said.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 2327
An outraged footy fan in his 90s has penned a scathing letter to Melbourne Storm star Cameron Munster, telling the representative player he’s “not worth one million” and accusing him of “strutting” on the field.
In his succinct one-page spray, 92-year-old George McCracken let fly, informing the 27-year-old of his opinion on who was a better five-eighth in their day.
Mr McCracken accused Munster of preaching to the referee for unfair penalties, likening him to Jamie Soward, who he nicknamed “Milky” for similar tactics.
“Firstly let me say I am 92 and have watched football all my life,” Mr McCracken began.
“Once there (was a player) playing for Roosters called Soward who tried for penalties so much he was known as Milky.
“Now you are just the same. You call for penalties every time one of your teams opponents is slow getting off.
“But when your side does the same, you think it‘s okay - well it’s not.
“So, Milky. The ref is not conned by you. Now your ego is as big as an elephant because the press say so. I will tell you now of many five-eighths better.
“(Wally) Lewis, (Brett) Kenny, (Terry) Lamb to mention a few, and none of them strutted like you. In my opinion you‘re not worth one million as the media says. You’re just another player.”
In a show of true old-fashioned class, the 92-year-old New South Welshman also left a return address, should Munster wish to respond to his advice.
There are rumours Munster is set to sign a four-year deal with the Dolphins in a move that would make him the highest paid player in the NRL.
Munster publicly rejected Wayne Bennett for the 2023 season but the rumours are firming the Queensland star will head to Redcliffe for the club’s second season.
Speaking on Triple M’s Sunday Sin Bin, NRL reporter Ben Dobbin said he believed the Munster move was as good as signed.
“Munster is a Dolphin, in 2024 I think Munster is a Dolphin,” Dobbin said on Triple M.
“I think it will be a four-year deal,” Dobbin said.
“So that will be roughly around $6 million?” Gorden Tallis then asked.
“Is he worth it? Yes, can he change the fortunates of a club? Yes he can,” Dobbin said.
“Can you put tools around him and will it attract other players? Yes it will.”

I swear I'm not George, but good on him.
We’re all George…

Foxsports:
-Anna Palus

So her excuse for acting like a obnoxious [This word has been automatically removed]wit is not that she was drunk, it is that she is actually an obnoxious [This word has been automatically removed]wit…..good defence.

So her excuse for acting like a obnoxious ****wit is not that she was drunk, it is that she is actually an obnoxious ****wit…..good defence.
Turn it up mate the bloke is an A1 knobhead , looking for every bit of attention he can get

Des Hasler set to announce quitting Manly..more to follow 🤔
Many of the Manly fans are saying that this was inevitable, and some of them are admitting that the current state of the club is even much worse than the WT.

The Manly club is in adversity and has been very badly effected by the pride jersey debacle

The debacle has split the club, players and supporters

Their fans are calling for the release of the Polynesian group of players who they have named "the Manly 7".

It seems like Manly is the new Basket case club for the next few years.

Many of the Manly fans are saying that this was inevitable, and some of them are admitting that the current state of the club is even much worse than the WT.

The Manly club is in adversity and has been very badly effected by the pride jersey debacle

The debacle has split the club, players and supporters

Their fans are calling for the release of the Polynesian group of players who they have named "the Manly 7".

It seems like Manly is the new Basket case club for the next few years.
How's that saying goes.. don't involve race, sex, religion in sport, something like that.
It was always going to cop flack just like the transgender issue.
Should just play the game imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back