Which Players Survive This Disastrous Year?

Is it just me or does anyone else think we have looked less fit and much smaller and weaker than the other teams in the comp?? We have continuously been manhandled in nearly every game!
Yes, but you can’t say that because it creates disharmony, and certainly don’t ever mention the word “boys”

On one hand, we absolutely MUST punt most of the guys from yesterday. They conceded a cricket score by half time against a team that just scraped into the top eight. I put Laurie and Doueihi in this category too (both let go by their previous clubs due to some fundamental weaknesses in their skills).

On the other hand, who are we going to replace them with?

Any half decent junior or established first grader will be staying well away. Joining us would be a career killer.

Laurie was hopelessly out of position for sooo many tries.
He is not first grade. Quite easily the worst fb we have ever had - and that’s telling.
Like the situation with Brooks; it’s pretty simple, we will never be competitive if he stays.

It's a dilemma with too manner Dills to consider whether they should stay or leave.

It’s “Sheenius” that comment. He will be using that as the excuse for poor performance for the next 2 years. It will be all we ever hear and by the time his tenure is up the media will be in his side as well.
Come on. Tim doesn't have " excuses" he calls them reasons.

Laurie was hopelessly out of position for sooo many tries.
He is not first grade. Quite easily the worst fb we have ever had - and that’s telling.
Like the situation with Brooks; it’s pretty simple, we will never be competitive if he stays.
There was a period there that the Raiders scored three tries from three sets in the first half - unheard of. No FB can look good behind that level of pathetic defence. I judge Laurie on the few games we played well.

Seasons over and the hate is still real....

It was so freaken bad.
I was catching up on some work and watching fox on my phone. Saw the first 2 tries and turned it off. Same ol shit.
I was so disinterested I didn't check the score until after work that night.
It's amazing how they are pushing away lifelong supporters with seemingly little care.
The place is rotten

There is no possible way any FB can possibly be fairly judged playing behind the pack of forwards we have sent out for 70 % of our games this year. I judge Laurie on the few game's we actually had a crack and in those games when he had something to play behind he went well. In a squad with very little to work with, and not much else coming he is one that at least has some ability.

Same as basically all our players. That is the problem. In a good team how would they go ?

You look at Naiqama or Momo at the Rorters. I wouldn't pick these guys in our top team and yet they get roles at the Rorters.

Somehow we need to start actually competing and then we can judge the players better.

I was catching up on some work and watching fox on my phone. Saw the first 2 tries and turned it off. Same ol shit.
I was so disinterested I didn't check the score until after work that night.
It's amazing how they are pushing away lifelong supporters with seemingly little care.
The place is rotten

It's embarrassing. I walked out of the room and came back and we scored our 10 points. I walked out after they scored again.

There is something off in our team. I honestly think Sheens completely stuffed this season and it was unacceptable.

Next season I expect massive improvements.

Reactions: PJ2
It's embarrassing. I walked out of the room and came back and we scored our 10 points. I walked out after they scored again.

There is something off in our team. I honestly think Sheens completely stuffed this season and it was unacceptable.

Next season I expect massive improvements.
We expect them but we honestly don't expect them.

We expect them but we honestly don't expect them.

Exactly. The way he tanked this season you'd expect us to get some longer term benefits. If not then he is basically incompetent and watch chance to we have over the next 5 years.

Sheens was so bad this season. He must get a Z--- on the scorecard. Has he done one positive thing this season. I can think that upgrading Kitione to a development contract as a positive but that is it.

Reactions: PJ2
On one hand, we absolutely MUST punt most of the guys from yesterday. They conceded a cricket score by half time against a team that just scraped into the top eight. I put Laurie and Doueihi in this category too (both let go by their previous clubs due to some fundamental weaknesses in their skills).

On the other hand, who are we going to replace them with?

Any half decent junior or established first grader will be staying well away. Joining us would be a career killer.
Great point

Re; Laurie specifically-

I know I'm in the minority here, but I see plenty in Laurie. He needs to improve his positional defensive play and off the ball efforts 10 fold though.

In attack, I actually think he's the victim of under 12's game plans. The depth on backline movements and the inability to play flat in their structures makes his role impossible to be anything but flaccid. Get players in motion, straighten the attack and play flatter and he'll carve up more regularly out wide.

He needs a lot more coaching defensively. But in attack, I think he's been more of a victim of pathetic structures, lack of finishers around him and a constantly changing, inexperienced backline.

Re; Laurie specifically-

I know I'm in the minority here, but I see plenty in Laurie. He needs to improve his positional defensive play and off the ball efforts 10 fold though.

In attack, I actually think he's the victim of under 12's game plans. The depth on backline movements and the inability to play flat in their structures makes his role impossible to be anything but flaccid. Get players in motion, straighten the attack and play flatter and he'll carve up more regularly out wide.

He needs a lot more coaching defensively. But in attack, I think he's been more of a victim of pathetic structures, lack of finishers around him and a constantly changing, inexperienced backline.
I felt sorry for him yesterday.
It’s hard to position yourself when you can’t trust anyone in front of you to make a tackle and have to cover for the whole team.

Back