Which Players Survive This Disastrous Year?

The last game of year this year was similar to last game of year last year against the dogs who came last .
Both games absolutely no effort Embarassing and Shameful !
When commentators say looked like raiders training drill with witches hats when they scored 3 tries in 3 sets
Well that's as bad as it gets .They were a disgrace especially the pack

Reactions: BZN
Wouldn't it be good if the stars aligned next year and we finished top 2.
All these journos (rightfully) bagging the crap out of us forced to offer platitudes.
It will never happen but I can dream.

Disgraceful post.

Why should he be the poster boy for the club's failure.

He was part of the decision to dismiss Madge without a back up plan. He then inserted himself into the frame for next year because there was no secured successor.

The work he's "doing for next year" now, that has to be done for 2024 next year. I bet we don't have anyone being hired to handle that next year.

All excuses. Especially if there's no big signings after 1st November, what will he have been doing in that time?

I have said this many times the only way out is to sign one brut of a front rower in his late twenties and two backrowers also in there twenties, offer them overs but they have to be class no basic 1st graders. Then go over every NSW cup players and pick out the best and offer them a chance at 1st grade with a small increase but with incentives built in , this is the only way we get out of this hole .

I have said this many times the only way out is to sign one brut of a front rower in his late twenties and two backrowers also in there twenties, offer them overs but they have to be class no basic 1st graders. Then go over every NSW cup players and pick out the best and offer them a chance at 1st grade with a small increase but with incentives built in , this is the only way we get out of this hole .

Agreed however i doubt Sheens will go down that path as he seems to believe that we need to focus on attack more.At this stage next year is looking extremely unpleasant for WT

Agreed however i doubt Sheens will go down that path as he seems to believe that we need to focus on attack more.At this stage next year is looking extremely unpleasant for WT
Not sure.

Seems Sheens has got the message from the NRL that the rules will favor high scoring games at least in the regular season and is approaching things that way. He probably didn't want to let Madge go at least then but with that in mind and feedback from sponsors he went that way and he inserted himself into the job while Benji gets trained because there was no suitable candidate except for Flanagan and the club didn't want to go that way.

The key will be if they can land Bateman and possibly make him captain. Along with Paps and Api even with no further signing but the return of injured players I believe much improvement will be seen.

I'd go big overs for Bateman. A tough winner with possibly a point to prove he may add that toughness and will to win that's been missing for a long time.

Not sure.

Seems Sheens has got the message from the NRL that the rules will favor high scoring games at least in the regular season and is approaching things that way. He probably didn't want to let Madge go at least then but with that in mind and feedback from sponsors he went that way and he inserted himself into the job while Benji gets trained because there was no suitable candidate except for Flanagan and the club didn't want to go that way.

The key will be if they can land Bateman and possibly make him captain. Along with Paps and Api even with no further signing but the return of injured players I believe much improvement will be seen.

I'd go big overs for Bateman. A tough winner with possibly a point to prove he may add that toughness and will to win that's been missing for a long time.
On all form displayed in the ESL Bateman would be a terrible signing,he is so far from what he showed at Canberra you would think it was a different player.I am all for signing a couple of forwards from ESL but not Bateman he is going so badly

On all form displayed in the ESL Bateman would be a terrible signing,he is so far from what he showed at Canberra you would think it was a different player.I am all for signing a couple of forwards from ESL but not Bateman he is going so badly

I really hope we don't go anywhere near him.

Thread is who should survive from 17 who played last round
For me only , Laurie, Toa, Maumalo, Naden , Douehi ,Brown , Ofengauhe ,
Simpkin .That's 8 and 9 gone !!

Not sure.

MM, I'd like to sign Bateman too but are sure you want to pay overs for a player not doing that great in England?
If we are forced to pay overs it would have to be a gun in the NRL like Tapine. ( I don't like overs anyway because look what it has done to us in the past)
As far as a Captain goes, I would give it to Api or Jacko.

MM, I'd like to sign Bateman too but are sure you want to pay overs for a player not doing that great in England?
If we are forced to pay overs it would have to be a gun in the NRL like Tapine. ( I don't like overs anyway because look what it has done to us in the past)
Would a gun nrl player even want to leave their club especially to go to the current wooden spooners

Tapine and Young may be better current players but the question is whether Bateman can still get the hunger up to accomplish something here. If he can I don't recall a player for a long time who has such a hard raw competitive spirit, real mongrel he can impart to the rest of the team. One thing for sure alot of Canberra success was built on his mongrel during his tenure there and some of that mongrel spirit is still there judging by how the club rallied during the latter weeks this year.

If such spirit still exists his form will come back....If we can frame something for him and he buys in.

Certainly a risk but this club needs a hard competitive edge more than any other skill.

Tired of seeing players give up on plays easily.

Back