Who is the idiot

@ said:
Criticism of Brooks previously was valid just like praise is for him currently.
It was time and he needed to perform.
He has shown that he is moving toward the player we need him to be and thats great for us all.

Well said

Definitely was a doubter, glad he's proved me and many others wrong. Keep it going brooksy!

@ said:
@ said:
That said Brooks is playing a nothing role at 7 and needs to move to 9?

Oh that would be me.
\
\
So happy I'm so wrong.

Kudos to you for putting your hand up..

Brooks now has a pack that consistently matches other teams..He is playing off the back of it with control and not going for the miracle play…that is the major difference in my eyes..

Agree 100%. It’s the pack! We have some mongrel, they are tough and are playing for each other.

Aren't they fantastic? Seriously, a wonderful bunch of players who try their best for each other, their coaching team and us, the fans.

And, in Cleary, an intelligent, under-stated, thoroughly decent and rational guy keeping it all under control and coming up with the plays and structures that work a treat.

They're amazing. Sooooooooo proud to be a member and fan.

Omg…What if the hype was justified and he ends up being one of the best halves lol....Dont want too much pressure on him, I'll settle for just being good...but he was fantastic. Best game I've seen. So happy for him. I think he will take so much confidence from this! Benji wasn't playing well enough and Brooks took control wow. He was far better than his opposing half.

Also need to consider the difference our forward pack is making this season. We're not having our ruck torn to shreds and our pack has either held their own, or dominated the opposition so far. Makes a huge difference playing behind a solid pack who do their job.

@ said:
Also need to consider the difference our forward pack is making this season. We're not having our ruck torn to shreds and our pack has either held their own, or dominated the opposition so far. Makes a huge difference playing behind a solid pack who do their job.

Exactly!

He looks. Like he's got a whole new lease on life… Always good signs when a half runs it early, but he didn't overplay his hand.
Im sure he's very quietly happy with himself at home for staying with us

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Smugness is ugly.

I don't see that comment as smug or ugly. For so along we have been listening to people lay the boot into Brooks, Lawrence and Kev. Why not call them out ? We had to read pages upon pages about how crap they are.

But we're they wrong Don?
I don't get these threads.
Good now doesn't mean bad in the past didn't happen

Yeah but it’s the degree of criticism. Some of the stuff written about Brooks was way over the top. A bit like the criticism of Benji today. Sometimes we need to think before we type/text.

Brooks was brilliant today,even though Benj was a little off,Brooks has now learnt how to take control and keep moving the team around the park….I reckon Luke knew something was up with Benji because of the injury he has had and took over to help the fella out who has helped him develope into the player he is..

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
I don't see that comment as smug or ugly. For so along we have been listening to people lay the boot into Brooks, Lawrence and Kev. Why not call them out ? We had to read pages upon pages about how crap they are.

But we're they wrong Don?
I don't get these threads.
Good now doesn't mean bad in the past didn't happen

Yeah but it’s the degree of criticism. Some of the stuff written about Brooks was way over the top. A bit like the criticism of Benji today. Sometimes we need to think before we type/text.

Brooks was brilliant today,even though Benj was a little off,Brooks has now learnt how to take control and keep moving the team around the park….I reckon Luke knew something was up with Benji because of the injury he has had and took over to help the fella out who has helped him develope into the player he is..

Your right. Benji actually said that in one of his post game interviews.

When I mentioned the death riders, it was in reference to the current silence. There have been a few put their hands up and give him credit like the OP, but there are still a few glaring absentees.

@gallagher said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
Where are the death riders?

Smugness is ugly.

I don't feel smugness at all, but Luke has always been a first grade standard half and I have always supported him on here as such. Nothing more, nothing less. He never asked for the expectations of others, nor beat his own drum, just did his best behind an ambling pack for nearly all of his career.

I simply see him as a very similar player that is now consistently able to play with more time, because he is now behind a pack that at worst competes, whilst regularly gaining the ascendancy at points during matches. That said, he is definitely fitter this year as well.

@ said:
When I mentioned the death riders, it was in reference to the current silence. There have been a few put their hands up and give him credit like the OP, but there are still a few glaring absentees.

I think fans have been rather tolerant of Brooks , many times people have given him season after season to get more consistency

@ said:
He looks. Like he's got a whole new lease on life… Always good signs when a half runs it early, but he didn't overplay his hand.
Im sure he's very quietly happy with himself at home for staying with us

Let's hope he is not too quiet about it at home

Sack brooks, Kev is rubbish and MWZ should make way for nofo. I read it all week. Me thinks a lot of posters on this forum might be thinking otherwise. WOW what a team we have. Tigers, Tigers, Tigers full of grit and balls. Let them come. Let them all come we have our axe sharpened. Ready to cut
down a tall
poppy. I will sleep well tonight, have done the last 5 weeks.😀

I was never too hard on Brooks but said this is his make or break season, that he had to step up and be prepared to take control. He has done so.

But I'd begun to be harsh about Lawrence. Looked finished at NRL level considering his past few seasons and with a stronger pack. But he's stepped up too and is now a real leader.

Benji is the other player I was wrong about. I liked his return to the club but thought he'd be mainly in ISP mentoring young players. Perhaps he would have been if not for the Reynolds injury. Can't see how Reynolds could replace him now.

The coach has made an enormous difference.

What a revelatikn.

I think Ivan has well and truely vindicated his choice in keeping Brooks and punting Moses. They did say one of Ivan's strengths was evaluating players and knowing their worth.

He has improved a lot but his kicking still leaves a lot to be desired for me.
Nice game today though

Back