Who would you pick for assistant coach John Morris or Justin Holbrook?

Assistant coach Justin Holbrook or John Morris?

• John Morris

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Justin Holbrook

Votes: 41 47.1%

• Total voters
So Sheens is “head coach”, Furner is defence, Robbie is backfield offense, Benji is “good ball” offense. What role does Holbrook/Morris play? We need more chefs in the kitchen, that’ll fix things
Yeah but it sounds like we have to bring in additional coaching resources under the Fainu deal. These were the options being talked about.

Morris and Benji played together for a couple of seasons.
Who can forget the diabolical 'Johnny Cronk' era. Sheens royally screwed the pooch playing a hooker at halfback in a period that should have been a dynasty with those cubs, 2005-2011. No brainer that the Tigers finally became competitive again when they had halves in Moltzen/Lui/Benji in 2010-2011. Been struggling to field any decent halves since, funny how that always lines up with not playing finals without a decent halfback.

Yeah but it sounds like we have to bring in additional coaching resources under the Fainu deal. These were the options being talked about.

I get that but what coaching role do they play? Aren’t all bases already covered?

Old man Sheen's needs to get back behind the desk what ever happens, take the skins off and ditch the whistle cause if what we are watching is Sheen's master class apprenticeship for Benji ,Tiger's will have a very slowly climb up the ladder. 😔

I originally wanted Holbrook but the more I think about it Morris would be the better fit - also has Wests Tigers DNA too. I also think the chemistry between Benji, Robbie and Morris moving forward could be great.
Morris nice guy but we need new blood mixed in Holbrook ticks that box , move Sheens on , Holbrook was a head coach in the nrl weeks ago , Sheens and his ideas / plans have note been good

Could dual head coach set-up work for the Tigers like the Walker Bros for Ipswich did? Sheens back to Head of Football, Benji AND Holbrook both head coaches in 2024? Still shields Benji from copping too much stick, everyone gets their desired role and no egos get bruised?

I'd prefer Morris not only because we know he can seamlessly work in with the club but his track record of achievement with the Sharks' juniors. Also he has worked at two strong and successful clubs which is what we need at WTs.

I can't imagine Morris moving clubs to still be an assistant coach. Holbrook would see it as an opportunity to get back on the horse.

Back