Why can’t we win more than 2 games in a row 🤷‍♂️

We are still learning what it means to be consistent and playing for 80 minutes. We haven’t got the type of players that do all the small efforts that bring opportunities. That learning journey seems to be taking an awful long time to navigate. Let’s face it, we are a team made up of lower order first graders, juniors learning their craft and reserves who occasionally show skills playing in an elite competition. No real marquees and rotating leadership. We’re probably playing as good as it can get for where we are at with this squad.

Reality check, we did
I always find, when this sort of confusion arrises, one needs to look closely at the competing sides post game ... one team tends to look happy (usually the winners), the other, not so (usually the losers) 🤔

This observational judgement call has held me in good stead for neigh on four and half decades 👍

Last edited:
This losing and losing poorly when favourites phenomenon isnt new so cant just be blamed on 2022's inferior side.
How many times have we been 9th and need to jag one more win to make the 8 and totally choke and play horribly ?
How many teams start a season winless and get smashed week after week until we come along and play them into form.
Its in our DNA , and i cant ever see it changing.

The answer is somewhere in between a poor roster and a loser mentality.

Funny how we seem to give the teams at the top a run.
Which proves we have the talent but we are limited by our brain capacity or lack there of.
Our confidence in our abilities seems to ebb and flow and as I said yesterday, you can can get a gauge on how we are going to perform by looking at the group prior to kick off.
Yesterday they looked down, their body language was of a team that doesn't know what to do.
They proved me right by conceding a soft try at the start if the game.
Against top teams I don't think they have any pressure so they go out and compete.
The same goes for home grounds. If you apply the above statement then home grounds are a disadvantage.

This losing and losing poorly when favourites phenomenon isnt new so cant just be blamed on 2022's inferior side.
How many times have we been 9th and need to jag one more win to make the 8 and totally choke and play horribly ?
How many teams start a season winless and get smashed week after week until we come along and play them into form.
Its in our DNA , and i cant ever see it changing.
It’s not on the playing group or the coaches. We’ve had hundreds of different people achieve the same outcomes over 2 decades.
Our club was born out of the unholy sludge of two loser football clubs and the putrid stain of defeatism is our DNA. How many sides could lose a game where the opposition has 1 second to kick off, regain possession and score? Hahaha, I’ll bet every fan was still nervous we would find a way to bottle that and we didn’t disappoint.

The answer is somewhere in between a poor roster and a loser mentality.

Funny how we seem to give the teams at the top a run.
Yes, that is an odd Tigers Characteristic.

We suck against Easts. But usually give Melbourne a run for their money more then most teams.

If it wasn't for the last few weeks under Kimmorley and Sheens I would be sad about the tigers. Now we seem to be finding something. Yes we lost 10-14 against the Knights. We should have won, ok I will stop kidding myself it's the same old same old.

Yet were were loosing 14-0 and came back. That is a good sign.
I grew up a magpies fan so I am used to loosing. Balmain will have to remember "Alan Jones" ruining their Premiereship squad to remember large losses. Magpies, well we have been the Underdogs of Sydney for ages.

^Sheens, change this!

Latest posts

Back