Why did we sign Daniela and Brown?

hybrid_tiger

Why the hell did we bother signing these two players?

- They are both reserve grade players.
- They are both in positions which we already have covered.

We could have saved this money and spent it on a prop instead.

Now, after signing Gallant for 2010, we are done with recruitment, according to Humphries.

I just don't get it…

depth for 1, its good to have FG quality players ready to go if injuries strike, i think ayshford will move to lock next year or at some point during it, ryan isnt a certainty to retain his wing spot, so id assume thats why we signed 3 nrl outside backs, with collis and tagive gone we had to add depth

No idea. Both are average State Cup players at best.

Davis, Akeripa, Gallant, Lazarus, Pritchard, Roqica, Lane, Sauvao just to name a few are all better players than these Sheens masterstroke signings.

I have no doubt Daniela & Brown will spend a lot of time in State Cup next season.

I dont want to be told i got no idea by having a different opinion but im sure sheens would see these guys as potential first graders and thats all that matters.

I dont go and watch much state cup games to judge how some of these guys go but i have faith in sheens and the club to make the best judgement.

Just because these guys are playing 2nd grade with another club doesnt mean they cant improve and make it in the top grade with us cause it happens alot.

Why did we sign Daniela and Brown?

Where does the cotton fluff in our bellie buttons come from?

Why do we only have single socks in our sock drawers?

Depth is not a good answer.

Sure they have notched up 1st grade games and Fonzie loves guys that have notched up games in the double figures but we have guys in the State Cup that make these guys look silly. The State Cup guys dont have NRL deals !!!

We signed them to show that we are not completely incompetant and even players not getting a deal at other clubs would sign with us.

**That money could have easily bought Ben Ross by the looks of things. Thats the issue here.**

@innsaneink said:
![](http://catalogues.golo.com.au/golo/images/site/logo.gif)

Reject shop would be good too ink :stuck_out_tongue:

We're just scraping the bottom of the barrel, no one else out there so hey lets pick up these guys cos they have no club!

@Jazza said:
@innsaneink said:
![](http://catalogues.golo.com.au/golo/images/site/logo.gif)

Reject shop would be good too ink :stuck_out_tongue:

We're just scraping the bottom of the barrel, no one else out there so hey lets pick up these guys cos they have no club!

The Fonz will one day be remembered in the same breath as Mother Teresa and Mathew Talbot. Maybe we can start up the 'Fonzarelli Hostel' for unwanted and discarded League Players and hand them NRL contracts upon entry . . . .

Daniela, Brown and Tupou as well. Ayshford will more than likely play lock with the 3 new blokes coming and Ryan will struggle to hold onto his spot.

Depth we could have done with but I think we still needed some forwards.

Brown can play imo. He's just not a centre.

I saw him playing fullback at the start of the year and he looked good to me. Big, quick and worked well in second many plays.

Daniella on the other hand…

Ayshford is playing so well in the centres. If it aint broke, dont fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know the club has the thinking to turn him into a lock, but he's shining in another position so why not reconsider?

I think it's time Sheens and Simmons check out some retirement villages up the coast. Theyre starting to show some serious lapses in their thinking the last two years.

We will get a better look at Brown on Sunday as he's lining up in the centres. As for Daniela, buggered if I know. He might have speed but he can't tackle. I'd prefer Davis or Pritchard to be given a go ahead of him.

That's a very interesting question.

Sheens may see something that he can develop into our structure.

None of us knows the reason.

Daniella has fallen apart over his last two season with the Panthers and it is sad to see.

I do not see the point in Toupou but match payments don't cost you anything if he doesn't play

@T91 said:

That's a very interesting question.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navel_lint

Dr Karl won an Ig Nobel Prize for research into the topic.

Maybe he can start some research into what's going through the minds of Royce and Sheens for signing these two…

@Staks said:
No idea. Both are average State Cup players at best.

Davis, Akeripa, Gallant, Lazarus, Pritchard, Roqica, Lane, Sauvao just to name a few are all better players than these Sheens masterstroke signings.

I have no doubt Daniela & Brown will spend a lot of time in State Cup next season.

Ditto….I agrre, hopefully they will prove us wrong, and be both the bargin buys of 2010....but I really can't see it

Latest posts

Staff online

Back