Wine

I’ve never heard a French or Belgian refer to Cognac or Armagnac as brandy, it’s only here in Oz we lump them into the “brandy” category.
ummmm no. The planet refers to it this way.

Cognac and Armagnac brandy are named specific to a region, just like Bordeaux wine or Parmesan/Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and a thousand other examples.

ummmm no. The planet refers to it this way.

Cognac and Armagnac brandy are named specific to a region, just like Bordeaux wine or Parmesan/Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and a thousand other examples.
I find that my pallet has changed over the years to the extent that I much prefer a Shiraz from the Barossa or Adelaide hills than say McLaren vale or Margaret River, because the grapes are different. I have a bottle of "cooking" brandy in the pantry and cognac in the bar. The distilling and fermentation is the same but the grapes are different. The term brandy is a very broad term but go ahead and call your Cognac brandy if you like. it doesn't bother me. Just dont call all sparkling wine Champagne. 👍

I find that my pallet has changed over the years to the extent that I much prefer a Shiraz from the Barossa or Adelaide hills than say McLaren vale or Margaret River, because the grapes are different. I have a bottle of "cooking" brandy in the pantry and cognac in the bar. The distilling and fermentation is the same but the grapes are different. The term brandy is a very broad term but go ahead and call your Cognac brandy if you like. it doesn't bother me. Just dont call all sparkling wine Champagne. 👍
The tone of your reply tells otherwise. (y)

Oh, and its not me calling Cognac a brandy, thats just a hundreds of years old fact.

Latest posts

Members online

Back