Wine

Just finished a book called "The Very Good News about Wine", with the sub-title "Authoritative health evidence the health authorities don't tell you".

The book is full of references to medical research which provides strong evidence that drinking alcohol in moderation and wine in particular (especially red wine) is good for our health. Moderate wine consumption reduces our risk of many cancers, heart disease, type 2 diabetes and dementia. In addition, epidemiological studies have shown that people who drink wine in moderate amounts live longer than teetotalers.

In terms of what constitutes a moderate amount, it seems that, for a man, up to half a litre per day would be considered moderate. In some countries such as Italy, even more would be considered OK for health.

So, I suggest we "follow the science" and have a couple of glasses of red with dinner.

pinot noir for me, can go a cab sauv or a merlot too. not a white wine guy, sparkling on special occasions and functions. sulphur drops have helped with the hangovers to no end.

Coming from NSW I grew up with Shiraz (Dry Red) and Cab Sav. Moved to Adelaide in 2005 (yes, I was responsible for the Tiger's win by moving away! - actually, I came over for all Leichhardt games plus the GF)
So, didn't take long to discover that The Barossa Valley, McLaren Vale & Adelaide Hills shit on NSW Hunter Valley for quality and variety. My favourite is GSM - a red blend of Grenache, Shiraz and Malbec (or Mourvedre) There isn't a bad WInery in SA - just bad roads! 🍷🍷🍷

For wine, Cab Sav is where it's at. Don't drink white.
Your very wise 🦉 and amazing it's the 11 commandment your a true hero leader of the pack Cab Sav is awesome I am on my third bottle tonight but tomorrow I might be in trouble 😞

Last edited:
That makes as much sense as saying Wine is for cooking. Merlot is for drinking.

Cognac is a brandy.

And we all know a 1937 Saint-Vivant Vieille Réserve VSOP Armagnac is the best Brandy.
Theres something not right about adding Armagnac or Merlot to a Coq au vin. There was a time when Merlot was more popular than any other wine.

Ease up mate, this a footy forum, not some French love den…
I’ve never heard a French or Belgian refer to Cognac or Armagnac as brandy, it’s only here in Oz we lump them into the “brandy” category.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back