Wine

My kind of thread I spend 3 days on a bender in Porto for my birthday a few years back drinking 40 year old port most of the time and one 80 year old port I had at I think at Sandman what a time also I was looking for chicken burgers but they don't have them but lots places with roast suckling pig the wine was ok as well

Are you a red 🍷, white, or bubbly🥂 drinker? My go to is a nice prosecco. Thankfully I've grown out of the Brown Brothers Fruity Lexia phase of my early 20s 😂
I reckon the Bailey and Bailey sav blanc from BWS at $8 for a litre is a great wine...You don't have to spend big to enjoy a good drop...cheers.

I have a wine club subscription with Goodwill Wines. They're a good price, they're pretty much high quality clean skins, and they donate 50% of profits to charity - and you get to nominate the charity.So, since my better half won't allow any more kittens at our house, every time I have a drink, I'm supporting Blossom's Cat Rescue in Orange. As a colleague reminds me every Friday, "It's time to support the cats, Suze!"

Check out David's story:

Are you a red 🍷, white, or bubbly🥂 drinker? My go to is a nice prosecco. Thankfully I've grown out of the Brown Brothers Fruity Lexia phase of my early 20s 😂
Sav Blanc my go to SQ coz every dumb thing I ever did in my younger days usually involved red wine !!!!
Mrs Hal very partial to a nice Prosecco, especially Brown Bros, but she can be flexible re brands.

I reckon the Bailey and Bailey sav blanc from BWS at $8 for a litre is a great wine...You don't have to spend big to enjoy a good drop...cheers.
Haha a litre…
I watched Super Troopers last night, this reminded me of Farva.

Don't people do enough whining in the other thread
Don't drink wine at all .....one too many goon nights for this little black duck
Did you used to play the game where you tied the goon bag to the clothesline and spin it? Lol.

Sav Blanc my go to SQ coz every dumb thing I ever did in my younger days usually involved red wine !!!!
Mrs Hal very partial to a nice Prosecco, especially Brown Bros, but she can be flexible re brands.
Hal,did you ever go out for an Italian feed and drink copious amounts of Lambrusco..?.it was a nice drop...

Hal,did you ever go out for an Italian feed and drink copious amounts of Lambrusco..?.it was a nice drop...
Unfortunately, and regretfully, TT, when I used to drink a bit, I thought Lambrusco was a bit too wimpy for me so usually went hard at the Shiraz or Cab Sav.
Over time I did enjoy a glass or two of Lambrusco but these days just seem to stick with the whites, but I usually only have one glass these days, sometimes two.

Unfortunately, and regretfully, TT, when I used to drink a bit, I thought Lambrusco was a bit too wimpy for me so usually went hard at the Shiraz or Cab Sav.
Over time I did enjoy a glass or two of Lambrusco but these days just seem to stick with the whites, but I usually only have one glass these days, sometimes two.
Hal I work in a pub in the Southern Highlands NSW,bottleshop and bar,I have never seen such an array of drinks ever,RTDs,Boutique beers,low alchol beer,wine and spirits ...things we never heard of back in our youth...the new product we now sell in the bottle shop is a ZERO alcahol WINE by McQuigans wines,zero alcahol beers,I mean why bother...I may have had less trips in the back of the paddywaggon if they were available to me in my youth,hahaha:mad:

Smart move Hal, there’s plenty of resveratrol in a full bodied Shiraz or cab sav. 😜

Latest posts

Back