Woods having lunch with Bulldogs players

I like Woods but, $900 big one, just come out & say you are going. We can then sign some players & get on with life.

If it is around 1 mil explains why he leaving, doesnt explain why he is acting 12 ..

Lol, a front rower for that price.
Woods should be ashamed of himself.

This is disgraceful, traitorous, mutiny.
I hate woods

I can handle Woods leaving but hurry up and say it, what I can't handle is how unprofessional Woods has been about the entire situation.

Soon as he signs with the Dogs, take the captaincy off him and give it to someone who will stick with us for the long haul.

Normally I wouldn't care, but given he's signing with them imminently or already has, it's a terrible look for a captain. Insulting to his own club and fans.

I think it's a poor look in the lead-up to the game. I certainly wouldn't consider doing it, but it's quite clear Woods brain capacity just isn't what it should be. I don't believe he represents the Wests Tigers the way a player, let alone a captain should.

Call me emotional but I would prefer if he didn't play for us this weekend (or in the future).
If he was my captain (or teammate) I'd be totally disgusted and disillusioned.
Every potential recruit must have a good laugh when we tell them to come over here and play for a captain like this.

If I were Cleary I'd release him, sack him, drop him, whatever. Just get him away from the rest of my team.

Anyway, the worst case scenario is not him being our pathetic captain. Because like it or not that is today's reality.
The worst case scenario is if he stays.

Make Wests Tigers Great Again

@ said:
Im talking about this weeks game.

Why are we having lunch with half the opposition for this week?

Its just rubbish timing.

This us not about Woods contract.

This about the perception our fans get going into this weeks big game.

For me its a very poor one.

Exactly!

It may not be a big deal on any other week with another team, but given everything that has happened with our club, surely our CAPTAIN would behave with a bit more respect towards his jersey. Being captain is not just about having a "c" next to your name on the team sheet, it's about being a leader. Ol' mate wouldn't know leadership if it smacked him in the face.

Not my captain. Funny thing is that it is ANZAC round and we remember the bravery of our service men and women. Those brave soldiers in the trenches who would die for the man beside them. And our so called captain doesn't think his mates are good enough so has jumped the trench to join the enemy. Poor actions from a leader. He should be ashamed of himself.

Given the current situation with his contract, this ill timed episode (just before our game against the Dogs) Woods has shown he has absolutely no idea of how a real leader should act and without that basic ability, he simply cannot remain captain. Sooner he leaves the better. Hope we're still some chance of retaining Teddy.

@ said:
Not my captain. Funny thing is that it is ANZAC round and we remember the bravery of our service men and women. Those brave soldiers in the trenches who would die for the man beside them. And our so called captain doesn't think his mates are good enough so has jumped the trench to join the enemy. Poor actions from a leader. He should be ashamed of himself.

Yeh I only realised the irony of the timing this morning myself.

@ said:
Now call me a dinosaur but this makes me angry as a Tigers fan.

I know Woods is mates with a few of them through NSW Origin etc. He might see them regularly.

However the week we are playing them? We are down on our knees at 2 wins and 5 losses after another terrible capitulation last week.

We play this dirty mob this week and there is our captain going having lunch with half the Bulldog side. Imagine James Graham having lunch with 3 Tigers players this week. Not in hell would he do that.

He even said on the NRL 360 since he became mates with Thurston he doesn't want to hit him as hard. So what perception am I left with coming into this game as a fan?

Im not silly enough to think players from other clubs regulary hang out.

However the week we are playing them?

Our fearless leader?!

Time to find another one.

Yep we should stand him down for the season :unamused:

Is this how low our fans are stooping to ?? Embarrassment much ??

Most blokes play harder against their close mates , just want to get it over them and have bragging rights

Has anyone on this Forum played a game of footy in their lives :brick:

Leave Woodsy , leave Teddy this club doesn't deserve you and sure as hell the fans don't deserve you

@ said:
@ said:
Now call me a dinosaur but this makes me angry as a Tigers fan.

I know Woods is mates with a few of them through NSW Origin etc. He might see them regularly.

However the week we are playing them? We are down on our knees at 2 wins and 5 losses after another terrible capitulation last week.

We play this dirty mob this week and there is our captain going having lunch with half the Bulldog side. Imagine James Graham having lunch with 3 Tigers players this week. Not in hell would he do that.

He even said on the NRL 360 since he became mates with Thurston he doesn't want to hit him as hard. So what perception am I left with coming into this game as a fan?

Im not silly enough to think players from other clubs regulary hang out.

However the week we are playing them?

Our fearless leader?!

Time to find another one.

Yep we should stand him down for the season :unamused:

Is this how low our fans are stooping to ?? Embarrassment much ??

Most blokes play harder against their close mates , just want to get it over them and have bragging rights

Has anyone on this Forum played a game of footy in their lives :brick:

Leave Woodsy , leave Teddy this club doesn't deserve you and sure as hell the fans don't deserve you

Maintain the Rage happy
Maintain the Rage son !
Or call 131114

Just an off topic question but does the club offer counselling to supporters ?

i wonder how the dogs fans are going to react if he doesn't make an impact with his reported pay-packet?

Nothing wrong with it

i think it's normal. I often see Robbie on holidays with Morris; Lichaa; Reynolds etc

just sack him as captain now, which player can a team sign for the sharks game? we might as well send a player to them we send a player to a club the week before we play them

@ said:
just sack him as captain now, which player can a team sign for the sharks game? we might as well send a player to them we send a player to a club the week before we play them

I think once the cooling off period is over for both players where ever they have signed, they will. Assuming Woods is done and dusted to the dogs perhaps the club still holds a glimmer of hope from Teddy either signing him or getting him to backflip again. Either way he's done his dash as captain of this club with his antics over the past weeks and months.

Latest posts

Back