Worst Tigers Team

liltiger

Hi Everyone
My old man and I were watching the game both long suffering Tigers supporters, the old man said something that made me think. He reckons this is the worst Tigers team in our history, including Taylor Ball and the two years under Terry lamb. He said even back then we had a player or two who was capable of doing something to light the game up like Kevie McGuinnes. But this team has no one to get excited about ATM, I told him once Hastings or Douhi get back it might change, but it made me think I kind of agree with him, can any of you guys remember a worse Tigers team than the one we have now ?

Hi Everyone
My old man and I were watching the game both long suffering Tigers supporters, the old man said something that made me think. He reckons this is the worst Tigers team in our history, including Taylor Ball and the two years under Terry lamb. He said even back then we had a player or two who was capable of doing something to light the game up like Kevie McGuinnes. But this team has no one to get excited about ATM, I told him once Hastings or Douhi get back it might change, but it made me think I kind of agree with him, can any of you guys remember a worse Tigers team than the one we have now ?
I agree with your old man. This lot look like they’re tanking they’re that disinterested.

Hi Everyone
The fact we are hanging hope on those two says it all, neither is yet to prove they are any better than average players.

No they are not the worst but wouldn't be far off, some of those mid 90s teams with superstars like Alan Jones' love child blonde pretty boy halfback would just sneak above them. Brooks though is fast becoming the worst halfback we have had since the blonde love child, who at least could kick goals.

They are at the moment, and it's hard to see any change coming in the near future. At least with Taylor Ball we had rookie halves finding their feet in FG. One of them managed to kick on, the other is still learning to kick after more than 175 first grade games.

Under Taylor we had Teddy Moses Farah Simona Woods Lawrence JAC Tapau at his best and some other solid FGers to support them. This is by far and away the most mediocre lot of players as a collective that we have ever had and yet we now have funds to buy who we want.

They are at the moment, and it's hard to see any change coming in the near future. At least with Taylor Ball we had rookie halves finding their feet in FG. One of them managed to kick on, the other is still learning to kick after more than 175 first grade games.
It's really sad, Madden atm is getting panned but he's only about 5 games into his fg career, yesterday Brooks was content to just let a rookie take the reigns, it's disgusting.
The other thing aswell is I was watching Benny Elias on nrl 360 complaining about how the club is going, not once did anyone tell him is all due to his family. The "big" 4 were all under Isaac Moses banner at the time, they were our next generation of stars to come through and he shopped them all around using the Tigers as a bargaining tool, not once did anyone tell that cretin that the major reason we are where we are is in huge part because of his prat of a nephew and his other uncle gutting our generation next.

Nah 2002 or 2003 was the worst.
The only way we could score was off a fitzy grubber 1m out to John wilson.
Geez we were so bad in that period.

But we aren't far off that now, in fact closing in fast.
2002/2003 teams would lap this lot. Far and away the current team is the worst team we've had. That game yesterday was the longest game of RL I've ever watched in my life. Just pitiful.

Reactions: BZN
The other thing aswell is I was watching Benny Elias on nrl 360 complaining about how the club is going, not once did anyone tell him is all due to his family. The "big" 4 were all under Isaac Moses banner at the time

Is Issac Moses related to Benny Elias. I know Mitchell Moses is but I thought that Issac Moses wasn't related to Mitchell.

Nah 2002 or 2003 was the worst.
The only way we could score was off a fitzy grubber 1m out to John wilson.
Geez we were so bad in that period.

But we aren't far off that now, in fact closing in fast.
And Terry Hill always injured. Didn't we win sometimes from a Corey Pearson late offload?

Yesterday we didn't make a line break. Only 2 of our backs have scored a try after 5 rounds. If not for the intercept it would have been 5 halves of football without a try. - Not sure if they are the worst but definitely in the conversation

Back