WT Squad Prediction 2023

We won as many games with him as with did without him? And when Brooks wasn't in the side we still won after releasing Lucy, loaning Nof, had a longer list of injuries than with him, using our NSW cup team in first grade whilst working under a rookie coach?!!
Clean slate, punt the runt.
who will be your halfback in 2023?

Little bit of a cooked take.

Maybe:

1. Staines
2. Nof
3. Naden
4. Doueihi
5. King Ken 👑
6. Laurie
7. Hastings
8. Klemmer
9. Api
10. Stefano
11. Ipap
12. Bateman
13. Ofahengaue
14. Pole
15. Twal
16. Blore
17. Simpkin

Not sold on the halves as I love Hasto at 13 but we've got to work with what we have unless we sign someone new like K.Flanno or one of the England WC halves. Bateman is 50/50 whether he rekindles his Raiders form or plays like a piece of cheese. But we're headed in the right direction with our big meaty forward pack! Lads who cares, hopefully no more Brooks!!!
I love the big unit Ken on the wing.
I hope he can sort out that knee over the off season otherwise To'a would replace him. Could it be that Staines was recruited to cover him 🤔

by my count with Gildart released we’re sitting at 26 roster spots filled. been a few rumours about that Brooks, Simpkin and Maumalo may all be moved on between now and Round 1. that would take us to 23.

hypothetically, let’s say we sign Klemmer and Bateman. that only gets us to 25. for arguments sake, let’s give Albert Kelly a top 30 deal and Webster-Mansfield joins the top squad. 27. three spots still remain.

would not surprise me in the slightest if sheens promotes a few youngsters to the top squad if they impress in preseason. there may also be players we sign for 2024 that we try and get over a year early. regardless, we’ve got plenty of spots to fill and the rumour mill is going to be in overdrive right up until March.

Last edited:
by my count with Gildart released we’re sitting at 26 roster spots filled. been a few rumours about that Brooks, Simpkin and Maumalo may all be moved on between now and around 1. that would take us to 23.

hypothetically, let’s say we sign Klemmer and Bateman. that only gets us to 25. for arguments sake, let’s give Albert Kelly a top 30 deal and Webster-Mansfield joins the top squad. 27. three spots still remain.

would not surprise me in the slightest if sheens promotes a few youngsters to the top squad if they impress in preseason. there may also be players we sign for 2024 that we try and get over a year early. regardless, we’ve got plenty of spots to fill and the rumour mill is going to be in overdrive right up until March.
roster is in great shape.no rush at all to fill those last remaining spots

He has signed
Thanks TF, when was my post, 🤣.
At first I thought this was a second best scenario signing but I'm warming to it.
Best part is that it allowed us to part ways with Peachey who imo was a big disappointment.

1 Charlie the Tigard
2 David "Prettyboy" Nofoaluma
3 AJ "Stevie Wonder" Kepoa
4 Brent "Rent Free" Nade
5 Kenny The Mauler Maumalo
6 Dane Benji Laurie
7 King AD
8 Davey Klemminator Klemmer
9 Api Gilmore
10 Alex The Lebanese Terminator Twal
11 Isaiha "Happy to be here" Papalii
12 Shawn "Saucey" Blore
13 Jacko Hastings

14 Tommy "Hitman" Talau
15 Joe The Queensland Crusher Offa
16 Fonua the pole-axe Pole
17 Stef "The Golden Warrior" Utoikamanu

18 Alex the Lebanese Viking Seyfarth.

(He's not Lebanese. I asked him... 😂 @KingRobbie )
Laurie Nicholls would be proud of some of those names.

by my count with Gildart released we’re sitting at 26 roster spots filled. been a few rumours about that Brooks, Simpkin and Maumalo may all be moved on between now and Round 1. that would take us to 23.

I’m kinda not sure how Webster Mansfield gets promoted directly to a 1st grade contract where as Matumua whom has played two first grade games already has to wait another year.
Surely he’ll be promoted if we need to fill a spot; making way for a Kautoga or Miller to take up a Dev spot.

To Forum Members who follow all the grades which juniors are most likely to step up in 2023?

Pole was the stand-out junior in 2022 when he played 10 NRL games.

Look forward to Forum Member's opinions

I have a feeling this is going to be the side for round 1:

This is solely going off the players that are confirmed only.

1. Laurie
2. Nofoaluma
3. Naden
4. Toa
5. Staines
6. Doueihi
7. Brooks
8. Utoikamanu
9. Koroisau
10. Ofahengaue
11. Blore
12. Papalli
13. Hastings
14. Twal
15. Talau
16. Pole
17. Ngatikaru

Its not the team I would pick. It's just the team I see being picked come round 1.

Kinda hoping we are getting a few more buys though.

I have a feeling this is going to be the side for round 1:

This is solely going off the players that are confirmed only.

1. Laurie
2. Nofoaluma
3. Naden
4. Toa
5. Staines
6. Doueihi
7. Brooks
8. Utoikamanu
9. Koroisau
10. Ofahengaue
11. Blore
12. Papalli
13. Hastings
14. Twal
15. Talau
16. Pole
17. Ngatikaru

Its not the team I would pick. It's just the team I see being picked come round 1.

Kinda hoping we are getting a few more buys though.
Not that bad eh... 🤷

Will get swallowed.
Zero impact in the forwards outside Papalii
I'm am hoping we get a few big forwards this off season but its hard to disagree with you Batboy.

Then again we have a great junior base and maybe just maybe we unearth a few special talents in 23.

A boy can dream

To Forum Members who follow all the grades which juniors are most likely to step up in 2023?

Pole was the stand-out junior in 2022 when he played 10 NRL games.

Look forward to Forum Member's opinions
Sheens like players who offer different. Everyone has different ideas but my suggestions - Kautoga, Matamua, Webster-Mansfield, Jimmy Ngutlik (raw, big, fast, always looks to promote the ball).

Club email
3 Spots left 😲😲

Shawn Blore20232024
Luke Brooks2023
Adam Doueihi2023
Sione Fainu2023
Jackson Hastings2023
Asu Kepaoa20232024
Apisai Koroisau202320242025
Daine Laurie2023
Ken Maumalo2023
Brent Naden202320242025
Rua Ngatikaura20232024
David Nofoaluma202320242025
Joe Ofahengaue202320242025
Isaiah Papali'i202320242025
Fonua Pole20232024
Triston Reilly20232024
Apisalome Saukuru2023
Alex Seyfarth2023
Jake Simpkin20232024
Tuki Simpkins2023
Charlie Staines2023
Tommy Talau2023
Starford To'a20232024
Brandon Tumeth20232024
Junior Tupou20232024
Alex Twal20232024
Stefano Utoikamanu202320242025
2023 Development Players

Josh Feledy, Kitione Kautoga, Christian Ma'anaima and Justin Matamua

Train & Trial (full season)

Jahream Bula, Zane Camroux, Tallyn Da Silva, Kit Laulili'i, Brandon Mansfield, Jordan Miller, Trey Peni and Tony Sukkar

Train & Trial (pre-season)

Jordan Hill, Kade Hill, Ben Houston, Atiasi James, Luke Knight, Livai Saukuru, Keenan Tempest and Bruce Ward

Last edited:

Members online

Back