Your Team 2023

I think Sheens will run with the following for round 1.

1. Staines
2. Nofoaluma
3. To'a
4. Naden
5. Maumalo
6. Doueihi (c)
7. Brooks
8. Klemmer
9. Koroisau
10. Twal
11. Papali'i
12. Bateman
13. Blore

14. Laurie
15. Ofahengaue
16. Utoikamanu
17. Pole

18. Talau

Last edited:

1. Staines
2. Nofoaluma
3. Kepaoa
4. Naden
5. Maumalo
6. Doueihi (c)
7. Brooks
8. Klemmer
9. Koroisau
10. Twal
11. Papal
Possible.

14 Laurie

Doueihi won't be happy. Let's wait and see what happens.
AD was overrated on the forum, the media picked up on it , with Tigers best player headlines, he obviously read this, and thought he was star material. Hence the big contract he thought he would go for. I don't think he will stay, and i doubt if he will get the dollars he get's now.

AD was overrated on the forum, the media picked up on it , with Tigers best player headlines, he obviously read this, and thought he was star material. Hence the big contract he thought he would go for. I don't think he will stay, and i doubt if he will get the dollars he get's now.
In 2021 he was our best player though. By a long way

1. Staines
2. Nofoaluma
3. To'a
4. Naden
5. Maumalo
6. Doueihi (c)
7. Brooks
8. Klemmer
9. Koroisau
10. Twal
11. Papali'i
12. Bateman
13. Blore

14. Laurie
15. Ofahengaue
16. Utoikamanu
17. Pole

18. Talau
Why do you think Staines will force Laurie out?

1. Staines
2. Nofo
3. Doueihi - still don't think he has a good left to right pass in him, which is needed for a five eight
4. Naden
5. Ken M - if fit to go
6. Laurie - depending on if and how well he trials at Number 6
7. Brooks
8. Klemmer
9. Api
10. Joffa
11. Papalli
12. Bateman
13. Brown

14. Blore
15. Talau
16. Stefano
17. Pole

It's good to see posters showing different options in the forwards. It means we finally have depth here.

Laurie
Nofaluma
Naden
Toa
Maumalo
Douehi (c)
Brooks
Bateman
Blore
Papalii
Klemmer
Api
Pole

JOffa
Stefano
Rua
Talau

1. Staines
2. Nofoaluma
3. To'a
4. Naden
5. Maumalo
6. Doueihi (c)
7. Brooks
8. Klemmer
9. Koroisau
10. Twal
11. Papali'i
12. Bateman
13. Blore

14. Laurie
15. Ofahengaue
16. Utoikamanu
17. Pole

18. Talau

1. Laurie
2. Nofoaluma
3. Talau
4. Naden
5. Staines (Maumalo whispered to be leaving)
6. Doueihi
7. Brooks
8. Klemmer
9. Koroisau
10. Utoikamanu
11. Papali'i
12. Bateman
13. Offahengaue (c)

14. Simpkin
15. Blore
16. Twal
17. Pole

18. Matamua

Hopefully we add one or two more pieces before rd 1. An elite fullback or lock would be my positions of most need.

Didn’t Brooks get our best player award that year? 😉
He won the one voted by Madge and Hartigan. The one that was lambasted by all and sundry involved in the game. The players player award was won by AD and Brooks wasn't in the top 5 in voting

Lots to play out. Can’t wait for the trials . It’s a hard job putting a 17 down.
My main weakness in selecting this team is breaking up the halves for 20 mins which isn’t ideal. Also I ddn’t want to leave Blore out but couldn’t find a spot for him. I’ve put Laurie on the bench as cover for halves and fullback. When Api needs a break at D.H. Brooks to go to D.H and Laurge to fill in the halves. J’Offa to go into the prop ration when Matamua comes on and goes to lock.

1. Staines
2. Nofoaluma
3. Talau
4. Naden
5. Maumalo
6. Doueihi
7. Brooks
8. Klemmer
9. Koroisau
10. Utoikamanu
11. Papali'i
12. Bateman
13. Offahengaue (c)

14. Laurie
15. Matamua
16. Twal
17. Pole

18. Blore
19. Simpkin

1. Laurie
2. Nofoaluma
3. Talau
4. Naden
5. Staines (Maumalo whispered to be leaving)
6. Doueihi
7. Brooks
8. Klemmer
9. Koroisau
10. Utoikamanu
11. Papali'i
12. Bateman
13. Offahengaue (c)

14. Simpkin
15. Blore
16. Twal
17. Pole

18. Matamua

Hopefully we add one or two more pieces before rd 1. An elite fullback or lock would be my positions of most need.
Yout team is about identical to a good "YOU TUBE " predicted starting 17 for round 1
IMO good team interesting Tommy Talau must be fully fit .I would try RUA at 14 instead of Jake

Lots to play out. Can’t wait for the trials . It’s a hard job putting a 17 down.
My main weakness in selecting this team is breaking up the halves for 20 mins which isn’t ideal. Also I ddn’t want to leave Blore out but couldn’t find a spot for him. I’ve put Laurie on the bench as cover for halves and fullback. When Api needs a break at D.H. Brooks to go to D.H and Laurge to fill in the halves. J’Offa to go into the prop ration when Matamua comes on and goes to lock.

1. Staines
2. Nofoaluma
3. Talau
4. Naden
5. Maumalo
6. Doueihi
7. Brooks
8. Klemmer
9. Koroisau
10. Utoikamanu
11. Papali'i
12. Bateman
13. Offahengaue (c)

14. Laurie
15. Matamua
16. Twal
17. Pole

18. Blore
19. Simpkin

I can't decide the make up of the team. Your team is pretty close to what I think we will run with however here are some random points I'd make:-

1. Twal doesn't really offer much if any impact. Do we start Twal instead of Stef ?
2. I don't see how Talau gets a spot over Tupou, To'a and Kepaoa. He might earn a spot but I'd make him earn it.
3. I'm not sure Matamua makes the bench at this point. He is the most likely lock in the team but I'd make him earn his spot like Talau via performance in reserves.
4. I think we need a hooker utility on the bench in the form of Simpkins or Rua.
5. Laurie is unlucky to miss out on the starting team but does he get a bench spot ahead of for instance Simpkins or Rua or do we just have 2 forwards on the bench. Klemmer, Twal & Joe O can all play big minutes.

Latest posts

Members online

Back