10. Alex Twal
11. John Bateman
12. Isiah Papalli
13. Joe Ofahengaue

14. Fonua Pole
15. Stefano Utoikamanu
16. Sean Blore
17. Jake Simpkin

I have Laurie missing out. I can't see how you play Bateman at lock when he isn't here yet. I think Laurie is hard done by I think Staines is a little better.

Some potentially good players missing out as well as Laurie in Matamua, Tupou, Rua, Talau, AJ and even Seyfarth.

We have a good pack and the only small guy there is Brooks.

Don't have a team but I don't think the back 5 are settled at all. I got no clue who will be where cause surely any position is up for grabs if a player shows merit, especially new ones, in a wooden spoon club.

1. Stains
2. Nofa
3. Doueihi
4. Naden
5. Topou
6. Laurie
7. Brooks
8. Klemmer
9. Koroisau
10. Twal
11. Papali'i
12. Bateman
13. Ofahengaue

14. Rua
15. Stefano
16. Blore
17. Pole

18. Simpkin

Another change of heart after analysing training photographs and hearing what the coaching staff have said;

1 Laurie
2 Nofo
3 AJ
4 Naden
5 Staines
6 AD (C)
7 Brooks
8 Klemmer
9 Korosau
10 Twal
11 Papali'i
12 Blore
13 Bateman

14 Simpkin
15 Joffa
16 Pole
17 Utoikamanu
Good side Demps but I'd have Talau in the centres instead of Naden. You also want one of the younger brigade like Bula, Ngutlik or Tupou to really pressure Nofoaluma on the right. We need more pace on the wings.

1. Charlie Staines
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Brent Nadan
4. Tommy Talau
5. Ken Maumalo

6. Adam Doueihi
7. Daine Laurie

8. David Klemmer
9. Api Koroisau
10. Alex Twal
11. John Bateman
12. Isiah Papalli
13. Joe Ofahengaue

14. Fonua Pole
15. Stefano Utoikamanu
16. Sean Blore
17. Luke Brooks

Been thinking Staines in the 1

Laurie in the 14 instead of a bench hooker.

Laurie offer way more than Simpkin off the bench.

Staines offers more in the middle third.

I was thinking this as well but I'd still have a bench hooker. So you end up with a utility player in Laurie and Simpkin or Rua.

We have a lot of forwards that can play big minutes. Twal, Klemmer and Joe O can all play big minutes. That also means Blore misses out.

It's going to be interesting to see the team run out in round 5 or so.

I was thinking this as well but I'd still have a bench hooker. So you end up with a utility player in Laurie and Simpkin or Rua.

We have a lot of forwards that can play big minutes. Twal, Klemmer and Joe O can all play big minutes. That also means Blore misses out.

It's going to be interesting to see the team run out in round 5 or so.
I have to say Earl being a back having Blore hitting and running hard provides some confidence (together with Papali'i' and Bateman). He could also cover prop. We also have Tuki, Houston and also Matamua. All offer different which we know Sheens likes. There is a little depth which is nice.

Been thinking Staines in the 1

Laurie in the 14 instead of a bench hooker.

Laurie offer way more than Simpkin off the bench.

Staines offers more in the middle third.
Yes, Laurie the perfect bench player, training in the halves, experienced at fullback,and could cover for the 9, covers most positions in the backline.

My predicted team at the moment.

1. Daine Laurie
2. David Nofoaluma / Charlie Staines
3. Tommy Talau
4. Brent Naden
5. Ken Maumalo
6. Adam Doueihi
7. Luke Brooks
8. David Klemmer
9. Apisai Koroisau
10. Stefano Utoikamanu
11. John Bateman
12. Isaiah Papali'i
13. Joe Ofahengaue / Justin Matamua

14. Jake Simpkin
15. Alex Twal
16. Shawn Blore
17. Fonua Pole

Good side Demps but I'd have Talau in the centres instead of Naden. You also want one of the younger brigade like Bula, Ngutlik or Tupou to really pressure Nofoaluma on the right. We need more pace on the wings.
Big fan of Tupou and think he forces in way in, sooner rather than later.

Had Talau as a bench player earlier on but think he makes his way through cup and shows what position he's likely to play this year- 2RF or centre, but it looks like he's became the perfect Sheens dual position player

Not bad team. I'm not sold on Laurie yet. Or Stains for that matter.

Don't know why we didn't have a crack at Taafe from South's for a year. He was great filling in for Latrell.
Laurie has a huge year being uncontracted and playing with a better forward pack. Agree it could go either way. Staines wasn’t highly valued at Penrith with May basically showing him up as a winger, let’s hope he proves them wrong.

1. Charlie Staines
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Tommy Talau
4. Brent Naden
5. Ken Maumalo
6. Adam Doueihi
7. Luke Brooks
8. David Klemmer
9. Apisai Koroisau
10. Stefano Utoikamanu
11. John Bateman
12. Isaiah Papali'i
13. Joe Ofahengaue

14. Daine Laurie
15. Alex Twal
16. Shawn Blore
17. Fonua Pole

1. Charlie Staines
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Tommy Talau
4. Brent Naden
5. Ken Maumalo
6. Adam Doueihi
7. Luke Brooks
8. David Klemmer
9. Apisai Koroisau
10. Stefano Utoikamanu
11. John Bateman
12. Isaiah Papali'i
13. Joe Ofahengaue

14. Daine Laurie
15. Alex Twal
16. Shawn Blore
17. Fonua Pole

It's a much better team than what we've had. Our pack and the bench looks strong. I'm still worried about Bateman.

Personally I think Api needs a break at dummy half and I can't see Laurie filling in there. You need really good service from the dummy half.

1. Charlie Staines
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Tommy Talau
4. Brent Naden
5. Ken Maumalo
6. Adam Doueihi
7. Luke Brooks
8. David Klemmer
9. Apisai Koroisau
10. Stefano Utoikamanu
11. John Bateman
12. Isaiah Papali'i
13. Joe Ofahengaue

14. Daine Laurie
15. Alex Twal
16. Shawn Blore
17. Fonua Pole
Maybe the best team so far just a question of Nofo maybe Staines there and Danie fullback or Junior there he just has to defend better then Nofo and that's not to hard theses days

It's a much better team than what we've had. Our pack and the bench looks strong. I'm still worried about Bateman.

Personally I think Api needs a break at dummy half and I can't see Laurie filling in there. You need really good service from the dummy half.
True or Jake on the bench and drop Nofo

Back