Your Team 2023

I’ve got my predicted team in the first post of this thread.

Still think the fullback spot is up for grabs though and hasn’t been decided yet.

I can't decide the make up of the team. Your team is pretty close to what I think we will run with however here are some random points I'd make:-

1. Twal doesn't really offer much if any impact. Do we start Twal instead of Stef ?
2. I don't see how Talau gets a spot over Tupou, To'a and Kepaoa. He might earn a spot but I'd make him earn it.
3. I'm not sure Matamua makes the bench at this point. He is the most likely lock in the team but I'd make him earn his spot like Talau via performance in reserves.
4. I think we need a hooker utility on the bench in the form of Simpkins or Rua.
5. Laurie is unlucky to miss out on the starting team but does he get a bench spot ahead of for instance Simpkins or Rua or do we just have 2 forwards on the bench. Klemmer, Twal & Joe O can all play big minutes.
think Rua needs to earn a spot, I would go with simpkin or talau

We have some good options at Prop
Pole Twal klemmer Stef Joffa
Bateman can play at centre if we have injuries so we need that second rower type on the bench.

I can't decide the make up of the team. Your team is pretty close to what I think we will run with however here are some random points I'd make:-

1. Twal doesn't really offer much if any impact. Do we start Twal instead of Stef ?
2. I don't see how Talau gets a spot over Tupou, To'a and Kepaoa. He might earn a spot but I'd make him earn it.
3. I'm not sure Matamua makes the bench at this point. He is the most likely lock in the team but I'd make him earn his spot like Talau via performance in reserves.
4. I think we need a hooker utility on the bench in the form of Simpkins or Rua.
5. Laurie is unlucky to miss out on the starting team but does he get a bench spot ahead of for instance Simpkins or Rua or do we just have 2 forwards on the bench. Klemmer, Twal & Joe O can all play big minutes.
you’ve raised some very valid points. I’m keen to bring some of the younger guys through (maybe too keen with putting Matamua in).

1. My logic for Steph starting Over Twal was that i think it will help Steph go to the next level playing beside Klemmer.
2. Further into the pre-season and trials should tell us more re Talau, Tupou, To'a and Kepaoa.
3. Agree re players having to earn positions. However being spooners no one really is entitled to anything apart from J’Offa ,Pole and maybe one or two others.
4. Don’t disagree re hooker utility on the bench. Just wish we had a standout.
5. Laurie has talent. Hopefully Sheens, Benji ect find the right methods to unlock it.

seen him on instagram. You?
Big difference between social media and being a dominant personality in an elite sporting environment. Hopefully I’m wrong but I don’t see him as a leader. Getting mixed up with James roberts exhibit A.

Big difference between social media and being a dominant personality in an elite sporting environment. Hopefully I’m wrong but I don’t see him as a leader. Getting mixed up with James roberts exhibit A.
are we talking about him being shy or a leader? different questions

are we talking about him being shy or a leader? different questions
I don’t think he’s a dominant personality as he comes across as shy, much the same as Brooksy. For that reason I don’t see him as a halfback or five eighth. I see some potential in him at fullback but he needs a breakout year. Brooks has a lot to prove this year too.

I don’t think he’s a dominant personality as he comes across as shy, much the same as Brooksy. For that reason I don’t see him as a halfback or five eighth. I see some potential in him at fullback but he needs a breakout year. Brooks has a lot to prove this year too.
mate that doesn't really answer my question. he's not a leader but he certainly isn't shy is my opinion

mate that doesn't really answer my question. he's not a leader but he certainly isn't shy is my opinion
Okay maybe he’s a lair on social media around his mates but when I have seen him questioned about rugby league in the media he has been very unimpressive. I put it down to age and hopefully he has some maturing to do. He’s running out of time at WT.

Okay maybe he’s a lair on social media around his mates but when I have seen him questioned about rugby league in the media he has been very unimpressive. I put it down to age and hopefully he has some maturing to do. He’s running out of time at WT.
lol I hope you weren't written off at 23. he's finding himself. amazing how people write off kids. He has a lot of learning to do, but is better than plenty we have. Can ride a scooter by the way

lol I hope you weren't written off at 23. he's finding himself. amazing how people write off kids. He has a lot of learning to do, but is better than plenty we have. Can ride a scooter by the way
I never wrote him off. He’s my starting fullback in another thread. Based on the state of his contract, it’s a fact that he needs a big year. In my opinion that’s going to be in the #1 jersey.

Some solid teams here. Can't expect Talau to get straight into the swing of it. 12 months out is a long time for a young player. Same with Shawn Blore.

Not expecting miracles but we should improve. Having a look through the expected squads. For all the hype around Bulldogs recruitment, their 1-17 isn't that impressive. I think so much of what they do will hinge on Burton. I think they are just about on par with our squad. On paper there is absolutely no way we should be finishing below the dolphins. Such a weak team at the moment.

Another change of heart after analysing training photographs and hearing what the coaching staff have said;

1 Laurie
2 Nofo
3 AJ
4 Naden
5 Staines
6 AD (C)
7 Brooks
8 Klemmer
9 Korosau
10 Twal
11 Papali'i
12 Blore
13 Bateman

14 Simpkin
15 Joffa
16 Pole
17 Utoikamanu

Another change of heart after analysing training photographs and hearing what the coaching staff have said;

1 Laurie
2 Nofo
3 AJ
4 Naden
5 Staines
6 AD (C)
7 Brooks
8 Klemmer
9 Korosau
10 Twal
11 Papali'i
12 Blore
13 Bateman

14 Simpkin
15 Joffa
16 Pole
17 Utoikamanu
I like that side @Demps - would be nice to know who’s impressing at training. Klemmer & Api looked very keen the times I had a look.

1. Laurie
2. Nofoaluma
3. Talau
4. Naden
5. Staines (Maumalo whispered to be leaving)
6. Doueihi
7. Brooks
8. Klemmer
9. Koroisau
10. Utoikamanu
11. Papali'i
12. Bateman
13. Offahengaue (c)

14. Simpkin
15. Blore
16. Twal
17. Pole

18. Matamua

Hopefully we add one or two more pieces before rd 1. An elite fullback or lock would be my positions of most need.
Not bad team. I'm not sold on Laurie yet. Or Stains for that matter.

Don't know why we didn't have a crack at Taafe from South's for a year. He was great filling in for Latrell.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back