Your team v Warriors

I agree, but I don't think a new recruit should be cut after his first performance in the pelting rain with a club he joined only a few weeks ago. Let's give him a chance.

It’s a tough one when considering fullback, Thompson does look the goods back there. He will be targeted if selected on the wing imo. Then again Fonua isn’t the best either and Jennings looked just as big as M Suli. Adding to this conundrum is our most experienced winger is out and on a bad day can look terrible in his reads. If Mbye is fit he comes back in and probably Mahe goes back to Reggie’s imo

casualty list on Fox has Jennings as injured and out for the Warriors round (knee)?? Could explain a few things (if correct) with his game on sat. With Nofa out that means no more conundrum with Thompson having to miss out.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-casualty-ward-full-round-1-injury-list-and-every-clubs-casualty-ward-and-return-dates/news-story/5b6f221b65d9c830cc1f54636af7e3e7

You are right. It's a tough decision. The question is who drops out if Mbye comes back. It can't be Fonua or Thompson on that performance. It can't be Marsters. That leaves Momo and Jennings. Take your pick. I think Jennings makes the most sense as Thompson just slots into that wing spot.

Personally i'd be dropping Fonua. He has flashes of brilliance but struggles with consistency. Last year he started off well (when he got his chance) but really deteriorated.

Against the warriors we must have 4 forwards on the interchange. The backs will have to survive. MCK can cover backs if he has to from bench. I don't think either Liddle or Reynolds will be in 17 unless Farah or Marshall holding injuries from the Manly game. Both L & R need game time in ISP. I'm also not writing Gamble off either in being able to press for a NRL spot too.

I get this argument but Fonua is one of those guys who can win us games. He gets us going forward and he gets us penalties. Fonua, Aloiai, Mikaele are the guys to get us on the front foot. It's hard for our play makers to win us games without that go forward.

I agree one of Fonua or Nofa have to be on the wing this year. We need go forward and quick play the balls out of our own territory. The Warriors are possibly the best in the comp at this with RTS, Fusitua, Mamaulo. The Roosters did it last year with Teddy, Tupou, Ferguson.

Throwing it out there ….what about a rotation of Benji and Reynolds every other week .. this keeps Benji fresh as 18 man on the off week and similar for Reynolds . Both keep match fitness without the burn out factor.

If we can contain them in the middle and control the ruck, we won't have to worry too much about the edges or wingers getting out jumped.

Everybody gets way too concerned about "tall" wingers out jumping shorter ones, it's not basketball, were not playing Spud Webb at Centre against Patrick Ewing.
Otherwise NRL teams would start recruiting AFL ruckmen as wingers and NBA rejects as wingers.
Wingers getting out jumped is far from a concern.

Exactly jumping for the ball on high kicks is the least concerning .. if there running through the ruck and the forwards are not holding there own !

If they're trying to score off cross field kicks that means they can't get through us which is good, let them try to score by out jumping us on the wing, it's a low percentage play.

On form Eisenhuth wouldn't beat Taylor into my team - not fit to lace his boots up at the moment imho.

Same team. Only change will be if mbye is fit. Then Madge has a call to make on who he drops from the outside backs.

Also - remember the Warriors only have 4 on the bench in this game - not 9 like when we played them in the trial. Run those guys around and they will be gasping!!!!!

Fair point, but if we have to have Fonua in the team I’d play him in the centres.

Mbye
Thompson
Marsters
Fonua
Jennings

@Russell said:
Also - remember the Warriors only have 4 on the bench in this game - not 9 like when we played them in the trial. Run those guys around and they will be gasping!!!

Good point, hoping for a dry track?

People need to remember Jennings had done how many weeks with the club ….3 weeks maybe 4 weeks

Will take time to build combinations in attack and defence...unfortunately this is having to happen in game conditions

Back