Your team vs Raiders

I think Talau has done enough to hold his position. Possible Naden having to return via Cup may be the lesson that builds some maturity that finally enables him to unleash his physical capabilit on a consistent basis.

I think Talau has done enough to hold his position. Possible Naden having to return via Cup may be the lesson that builds some maturity that finally enables him to unleash his physical capabilit on a consistent basis.
I actually like the idea of keeping Talau there so he can grow, but I think Naden just offers more in attack.

Why do you want Tommy to grow when he is headed to Manly!!

He either gets picked as our best option or misses out!

We have spent enough time developing him for a future elsewhere!!
I thought that wasn’t officially confirmed yet? Oh well, if he’s going he can go back to cup

Raiders will be missing CHN and Sebastian Kris

Their pack is one of the best in the league tho. Gonna be tough

Yeah, Luke Brooks is his name, so it looks like we have him for at least another 100 games.

He did win his 100th game as well as his 200th so I am looking forward to a win in his 300th.

Shame Jarrod is being rested, his defence in the centres is a huge weakness for them and an easy opponent for To’a.
Their team will be strengthened without him, whilst creating the narrative it’s all about the party the following weekend. Clever by Ricky.

1. Jahream Bula
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Starford To'a
4. Brent Naden
5. Junior Tupou
6. Luke Brooks
7. Brandon Wakeham
8. Stefano Utoikamanu
9. Apisai Koroisau (c)
10. David Klemmer
11. Isaiah Papali'i
12. John Bateman
13. Fonua Pole

14. Jake Simpkin
15. Justin Matamua
16. Alex Twal
17. Aitasi James

Bateman can cover back if injury occurs.
Blore > James

1. Jahream Bula
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Starford To'a
4. Brent Naden
5. Junior Tupou
6. Brandon Wakeham
7. Luke Brooks
8. Stefano Utoikamanu
9. Apisai Koroisau (c)
10. David Klemmer
11. Isaiah Papali'i
12. John Bateman
13. Fonua Pole

14. Jake Simpkin
15. Shawn Blore
16. Alex Twal
17. Asu Kepaoa

This will not be an easy game, I expect that we will continue to make ground up the centre of the paddock in attack. However, I also expect that they will paly a simlar game with similar results given the size of their pack.

Canberra can leak a few points though so if we aim up from the get go we will be in this one. Give them and inch early and they will make us pay.

For that reason, if fit, Api has to start. His work around the ruck engaging that deceiving the A and B defenders is critical to getting us on the front foot in attack. His ability to deceive the fullback in setting the defence also enables our attacking structure. Jake is improving, but he is not Api. Having them other way about in the rotation give Canberra to much advantage at the start of the game. If they get a lead they will grind and it will be difficult to come back.

Our attack against the Cows finally clicked and we got to see that if we control the pill and execute the running attack and second phase play we are a credible attacking team. I expect Sheens to stick with the winning combination but I personally think Naden brings more to the party than Talau and even with the odd brain fart out of him it could be just what we need against the Faders.

1. Jahream Bula
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Starford To'a
4. Brent Naden
5. Junior Tupou
6. Brandon Wakeham
7. Luke Brooks
8. Stefano Utoikamanu
9. Apisai Koroisau (c)
10. David Klemmer
11. Isaiah Papali'i
12. John Bateman
13. Fonua Pole

14. Jake Simpkin
15. Shawn Blore
16. Alex Twal
17. Asu Kepaoa

This will not be an easy game, I expect that we will continue to make ground up the centre of the paddock in attack. However, I also expect that they will paly a simlar game with similar results given the size of their pack.

Canberra can leak a few points though so if we aim up from the get go we will be in this one. Give them and inch early and they will make us pay.

For that reason, if fit, Api has to start. His work around the ruck engaging that deceiving the A and B defenders is critical to getting us on the front foot in attack. His ability to deceive the fullback in setting the defence also enables our attacking structure. Jake is improving, but he is not Api. Having them other way about in the rotation give Canberra to much advantage at the start of the game. If they get a lead they will grind and it will be difficult to come back.

Our attack against the Cows finally clicked and we got to see that if we control the pill and execute the running attack and second phase play we are a credible attacking team. I expect Sheens to stick with the winning combination but I personally think Naden brings more to the party than Talau and even with the odd brain fart out of him it could be just what we need against the Faders.
Can’t see a front row rotation with your team unless Blore covers Stefano , but Blore has been playing second row in reserves? Has to be James onto the bench . Unless Bateman goes to 13 and Pole onto the bench.

Can’t see a front row rotation with your team unless Blore covers Stefano , but Blore has been playing second row in reserves? Has to be James onto the bench . Unless Bateman goes to 13 and Pole onto the bench.
A definite weakness for sure. I envisaged a rotation that would see Blore, Pole, Kepoa and Stef doing 4 way rotation and if a back went down a 3 way. James would make a simpler rotation, but I think Blore adds a bit more and Kepoa gives us the flexibility as he can do big minutes as well.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back