2013 Halfback.

@saundo55 said:
Why would we want a grub like Ennis here
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

it would never happen him and Robbie hate each other atleast if it was true he would have a go
\
\

@Stripes96 said:
Poor Milky… Trying to get in the first grade side then then we sign an old bloke instead of him... Good luck elsewhere. Unless Anasta will play lock
\
\

He isnt gona squeeze Marshall out of the 7 jumper, but he might be an option as a back-up utility who can play 9, 7 & 6 and be cheaper than Moltzen?

realistically us, parra and dogs are the only ones with questionable future halves you can chuck in thew likes of warriors, titans and souths if they decide to move people on looking at the combos for next season

Broncos - Norman, Wallace
Cowboys - Thurston, Lui/Thompson
Raiders - Campese, McCrone
Roosters - Maloney, Pearce
Titans - Rankin, Prince
Storm - Widdop, Cronk
Dragons - Soward, Hornby
Panthers - Burns, Walsh
Knights - Gidley, Mullen
Manly - Foran, Cherry Evans
Parra - Roberts????, Sandow
Souths - Sutton, Reynolds
Bulldogs - reynolds, Hodknison
Tigers - Anasta, Marshall
Warriors - ????, Johnson
Sharks - Carney, Robson

Players not mentioned K. Keating, Townsend, Seijka, Sezer, A. Kelly, Stig, T. Roberts, Miller, Moltzen, Sam Williams

slim pickings realistically i think a lot of it will come down to Kieran Forans movements if he heads to Dogs watch hodkinson leave ive heard to parra but could be handy if his available

@GNR4LIFE said:
The storm have massive wraps on Luke Kelly, Cooper Cronk's understudy. He could be worth looking at now that Cronk has re-signed. We should have made a play for either Wallace or Walsh

Wallace and Walsh both re-signed within the last 2 weeks,so they are out,I think we should be giving Miller,Humble and Chisolm a shot before we end up losing all 3.
Moltzen cleary is not the answer,hopefully the Waratahs have signed him,it would be better for everyone then,Benji could relax a bit,us supporters could relax,and we can still cheer him on,all be it in a different code.

I actually think Anasta and Benji may be the best halves weve had in 7 years. Anasta even at this stage in his career is a far better player than Lui in my opinion. Anasta is fit, tough, strong defender and has all the skills of a half or five eigth. Im hoping he will bring the controlled style to our play, and also another good kicking option (Miller, Moltzen etc have never really displayed this yet)

@milford_magic said:
I actually think Anasta and Benji may be the best halves weve had in 7 years. Anasta even at this stage in his career is a far better player than Lui in my opinion. Anasta is fit, tough, strong defender and has all the skills of a half or five eigth. Im hoping he will bring the controlled style to our play, and also another good kicking option (Miller, Moltzen etc have never really displayed this yet)

I agree. I have no problems with Miller, Lui or Moltzen but none of them have been consistent. Anasta may just bring a consistent game to our halves.

@milford_magic said:

That's true, but Miller has played 5 games and Moltzen is a fullback…
\
\

I have a feeling we will see

6.Marshall
7.Anasta

Just a hunch.
\
\

the last time Benji played half he was a disaster…jus cause you put Anasta at 5/8 means nothing..besides,,who knows what Sheens has planned..he doesn't...

Just leave the half back spot empty and play with 12 on the field. It the best option we got…
\
\

@jason1976 said:
Just leave the half back spot empty and play with 12 on the field. It the best option we got…
\
\

Imma speak to sheens and try get meself on the side since they are signing anyone…

@TigerOnFyah said:
@jason1976 said:
\
\

Imma speak to sheens and try get meself on the side since they are signing anyone…

Nice… I'd say your a shoe in going by current options.
\
\

@1974semifinal said:
the last time Benji played half he was a disaster…jus cause you put Anasta at 5/8 means nothing..besides,,who knows what Sheens has planned..he doesn't...

Benji plays 1/2 now with a no6 on his back

@supercoach said:
@1974semifinal said:

Benji plays 1/2 now with a no6 on his back

Spot on!! I think we'll see Benji take his game to the next level with Anasta along side him in the halves.
\
\

@MacDougall said:
I will put money down that Moltzen would be an absolutely brilliant RU fullback.

He can't catch a bomb, can't tackle and can't kick. He would go well.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back