2022 Membership info

@gallagher said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1478442) said:
@tigerlily said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1478304) said:
@gazlord95 said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1478057) said:
Wow from the storm........![storm.PNG](/assets/uploads/files/1632216220994-storm.png)

Easy to do when you know your membership is actually greater outside of Victoria.

The majority of their match access members don't live in melb.? How do you know that?

They're actually all Queenslanders who can't go home.

@cochise said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1478849) said:
@yeahcaz said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1478840) said:
Just quietly, why are you guys actually signing up for membership ? Because Madge is staying ? Complete and utter cop out if so.

We’ve been dragged through the ringer as fans for a long time now, even more so with this joke of a review. It’s all done and all we get is a bunch of big business words from the CEO that no one wants, get told Maguire is staying and his assistants are leaving and people are seriously content with that ? It’s an absolute joke.

This season we’re the 6th highest in membership numbers and for what? Our team getting called wannabe professionals every 2 weeks and not moving forward whatsoever. To think this incompetent board might actually think they’re doing something right with membership numbers so high for such a bad team. They need a kick up the ass and that starts with dropping those numbers by at least 5000 so it actually gives them a shake.

Spare me with the “I’m a member because I love my club” crap. If you loved the club, you wouldn’t spend your hard earned money on a team that hasn’t worked hard for anything in years. You’d save your money and try to force a change

I am signing up because I like going to the football.

And that discount and better seats is worth giving the club your money ?

@yeahcaz said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1478859) said:
Just quietly, why are you guys actually signing up for membership ? Because Madge is staying ? Complete and utter cop out if so.

We’ve been dragged through the ringer as fans for a long time now, even more so with this joke of a review. It’s all done and all we get is a bunch of big business words from the CEO that no one wants, get told Maguire is staying and his assistants are leaving and people are seriously content with that ? It’s an absolute joke.

This season we’re the 6th highest in membership numbers and for what? Our team getting called wannabe professionals every 2 weeks and not moving forward whatsoever. To think this incompetent board might actually think they’re doing something right with membership numbers so high for such a bad team. They need a kick up the ass and that starts with dropping those numbers by at least 5000 so it actually gives them a shake.

Spare me with the “I’m a member because I love my club” crap. If you loved the club, you wouldn’t spend your hard earned money on a team that hasn’t worked hard for anything in years. You’d save your money and try to force a change

Idk y u r so worked up over this

He is choosing to support the club during this time

And u r not

Who gives a shit mate

@thedaboss said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1478864) said:

Idk y u r so worked up over this

He is choosing to support the club during this time

And u r not

Who gives a shit mate

I’m not worked up, it was a genuine question.

By suggesting this I’m not saying don’t support the club, I’m suggesting the impact we can have as fans.

So your suggestion is I protest by giving the club more money? Sounds stupid to me.

Honestly I have sat in the same seats for up to 25 years based on the ground, a big part of my connection to the club is the people I sit with that I have known for a very long time. @BalmainJnr and his family have sat in front of me for 15-20 years, we now have kids and our bay has turned into a really family feel. That is the club to me, those connections, are you suggesting I give that up because of the choice of coach?

@compensate said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1474347) said:
Real fans support their team so I'll be renewing my membership again

What a load of condescending crap!

@cochise said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1478870) said:

So your suggestion is I protest by giving the club more money? Sounds stupid to me.

Honestly I have sat in the same seats for up to 25 years based on the ground, a big part of my connection to the club is the people I sit with that I have known for a very long time. @BalmainJnr and his family have sat in front of me for 15-20 years, we now have kids and our bay has turned into a really family feel. That is the club to me, those connections, are you suggesting I give that up because of the choice of coach?

I don’t know how you got that out of what I said.

I merely suggested a drop in membership numbers so we can get some kind of accountability as fans. This review was as public as it could possibly be and now it’s over and we’re still in the dark. This is also more directed at some of the fans that said they would pull their membership if Madge was sacked.

I can appreciate the family feel you get from the game.I don’t have that and if the club continues this way, I don’t want it. There’s not many better feelings than walking out of the ground when you’ve won

@yeahcaz said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1478908) said:

I merely suggested a drop in membership numbers so we can get some kind of accountability as fans. This review was as public as it could possibly be and now it’s over and we’re still in the dark. This is also more directed at some of the fans that said they would pull their membership if Madge was sacked.

I can appreciate the family feel you get from the game.I don’t have that and if the club continues this way, I don’t want it. There’s not many better feelings than walking out of the ground when you’ve won

You asked if my discount was worth giving the club money, if I wasn't a member and went to games I would be giving the club more money and making my experience worse. That is a pretty poor form of protest.

I told yesterday, people saying they would pull their membership had no impact on the club, there was problem as many saying they would pull their membership if he was retained.

I have been a Wests Tigers member since 2000, I will continue to be one until the day I die.

@tiger-tragic said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1478899) said:

It's hard to know where to start with responding to your offering here @yeahcaz. I'll just keep it simple as that will suit you best.

There's differing levels of commitment to the club. Some are fans, some are members. And, I understand completely that being a financial member of WT is not possible for everyone but that does not mean that they have any less support and love for the club than members do. I get that, completely and I believe it.

Today, you are telling us that being a member has no influence on the decision or directions of the club; that it's a waste of money. That somehow , I imagine, you posting things on here will have greater impact on club decisions than those of us who are fortunate enough and choose to be members of WT.

It was only 24 hours ago that you labelled WT members as "old farts" who, through their lines of communication with the club, had been responsible for the decision to retain Maguire as coach.

I'm confused about what you really believe. Can you try to explain your thinking to us? Assuming there is some?

Are you serious?

I say, by not re signing for a membership, you have an influence on the club, In particular at board level.

I would expect nothing less than personal insults from you at every chance you get. If you want to call me an idiot just do so and don’t beat around the bush

The thing is there are 100 thousand of fans who not season ticket holders.. that hasn’t made a difference to the decision making of the Club.. 5000 less who are members choosing not to won’t suddenly create accountability…

Winning football games will .. members or non members…

@geo said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1478912) said:

The thing is there are 100 thousand of fans who not season ticket holders.. that hasn’t made a difference to the decision making of the Club.. 5000 less who are members choosing not to won’t suddenly create accountability…

Be real though what’s more likely to happen first ?

Us winning games or dropping membership numbers

@yeahcaz said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1478913) said:

With all the publicity around the Wests Tigers I expect membership numbers to increase for 2022.

@cochise said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1478909) said:

You asked if my discount was worth giving the club money, if I wasn't a member and went to games I would be giving the club more money and making my experience worse. That is a pretty poor form of protest.

I told yesterday, people saying they would pull their membership had no impact on the club, there was problem as many saying they would pull their membership if he was retained.

I have been a Wests Tigers member since 2000, I will continue to be one until the day I die.

If you’re in the position mate to go to every game, then by all means, a membership is obviously the best value for your money. I’m not trying to jibe at people here I’m just trying to hear opinions so thanks for voicing yours while not being rude and thinking that you’re better than everyone else.

@mike said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1478915) said:

With all the publicity around the Wests Tigers I expect membership numbers to increase for 2022.

Is that not concerning ? That’s becoming a member for all the wrong reasons

@yeahcaz said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1478918) said:
@mike said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1478915) said:

Is that not concerning ? That’s becoming a member for all the wrong reasons

It’s marketing 101.

No offence but people must realise that the club's strong media presence is because of us.
That it's the fans that generate it, through their continued support and ongoing interest in the club.
Same goes for the club's revenue and marketability in the NRL.
We're once again back in the spotlight because we're demanding answers for another poor year and until it changes we help drive the same messages or stories in the media.
The WT poor success isn't exactly newsworthy but it is rather relevant.

The club however though needs to start improving our brand or reputation management in any way it can.

@carefactor said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1478879) said:
@compensate said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1474347) said:
Real fans support their team so I'll be renewing my membership again

What a load of condescending crap!

People don’t need anyone on here’s permission to do anything, you don’t want to be a member fine, I don’t think it’s any of your business what others do?

All i can say is that my decision not to renew goes deeper than just wins and loses or coach . It is to do with a club that happily accepted my membership as a donation last year to then take my renewal money in 2021 with my seating allocation exactley stated as it has been the last 7 or so years being a member only to find when LO games looked popular THEY SOLD MY SEATED AREA TO THE PUBLIC FOR $47, while i had to go sit on the hill.
Scummy and ungrateful management!

@carefactor said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1479003) said:
All i can say is that my decision not to renew goes deeper than just wins and loses or coach . It is to do with a club that happily accepted my membership as a donation last year to then take my renewal money in 2021 with my seating allocation exactley stated as it has been the last 7 or so years being a member only to find when LO games looked popular THEY SOLD MY SEATED AREA TO THE PUBLIC FOR $47, while i had to go sit on the hill.
Scummy and ungrateful management!

When did they do this?

Latest posts

Back