2022 Membership info

I can post up evidence when i can be bothered if people dont believe me. Canceled my membership mid season as a result and had to even send back my used crappy merchandise to the club to get a refund ! I Didnt even get a follow up call or any attempt from the club to try fight for my continued support ... once they recieved 10 bucks worth of key rings, caps and so forth my money was in the bank a week or so later without even an email to acknowlegde they had even done that.

@mike said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1478915) said:
@yeahcaz said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1478913) said:
@geo said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1478912) said:
@yeahcaz said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1478908) said:
@cochise said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1478870) said:
@yeahcaz said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1478859) said:
@cochise said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1478849) said:
@yeahcaz said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1478840) said:
Just quietly, why are you guys actually signing up for membership ? Because Madge is staying ? Complete and utter cop out if so.

We’ve been dragged through the ringer as fans for a long time now, even more so with this joke of a review. It’s all done and all we get is a bunch of big business words from the CEO that no one wants, get told Maguire is staying and his assistants are leaving and people are seriously content with that ? It’s an absolute joke.

This season we’re the 6th highest in membership numbers and for what? Our team getting called wannabe professionals every 2 weeks and not moving forward whatsoever. To think this incompetent board might actually think they’re doing something right with membership numbers so high for such a bad team. They need a kick up the ass and that starts with dropping those numbers by at least 5000 so it actually gives them a shake.

Spare me with the “I’m a member because I love my club” crap. If you loved the club, you wouldn’t spend your hard earned money on a team that hasn’t worked hard for anything in years. You’d save your money and try to force a change

I am signing up because I like going to the football.

And that discount and better seats is worth giving the club your money ?

So your suggestion is I protest by giving the club more money? Sounds stupid to me.

Honestly I have sat in the same seats for up to 25 years based on the ground, a big part of my connection to the club is the people I sit with that I have known for a very long time. @BalmainJnr and his family have sat in front of me for 15-20 years, we now have kids and our bay has turned into a really family feel. That is the club to me, those connections, are you suggesting I give that up because of the choice of coach?

I don’t know how you got that out of what I said.

I merely suggested a drop in membership numbers so we can get some kind of accountability as fans. This review was as public as it could possibly be and now it’s over and we’re still in the dark. This is also more directed at some of the fans that said they would pull their membership if Madge was sacked.

I can appreciate the family feel you get from the game.I don’t have that and if the club continues this way, I don’t want it. There’s not many better feelings than walking out of the ground when you’ve won

The thing is there are 100 thousand of fans who not season ticket holders.. that hasn’t made a difference to the decision making of the Club.. 5000 less who are members choosing not to won’t suddenly create accountability…

Winning football games will .. members or non members…

Be real though what’s more likely to happen first ?

Us winning games or dropping membership numbers

With all the publicity around the Wests Tigers I expect membership numbers to increase for 2022.

Wouldn't surprise me the move to retain. Madge will be seen as a positive to many

@carefactor said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1479003) said:
All i can say is that my decision not to renew goes deeper than just wins and loses or coach . It is to do with a club that happily accepted my membership as a donation last year to then take my renewal money in 2021 with my seating allocation exactley stated as it has been the last 7 or so years being a member only to find when LO games looked popular THEY SOLD MY SEATED AREA TO THE PUBLIC FOR $47, while i had to go sit on the hill.
Scummy and ungrateful management!

I remember people talking about this at the time

@carefactor said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1479012) said:
I can post up evidence when i can be bothered if people dont believe me. Canceled my membership mid season as a result and had to even send back my used crappy merchandise to the club to get a refund ! I Didnt even get a follow up call or any attempt from the club to try fight for my continued support ... once they recieved 10 bucks worth of key rings, caps and so forth my money was in the bank a week or so later without even an email to acknowlegde they had even done that.

Mate, if that's how it allplayed out, it's an absolute disgrace. As I said in a post on another thread yesterday, there is still a lot of unsatisfactory behaviour this club is involved in. The Madge review is done and I'm happy with that result but they ought to conduct a root and branch review of the whole WT set-up. Something is not right with WT administration.

@carefactor said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1479008) said:
This year... at LO.. starting with the trial match against Manly.

Trial matched don't have don't have membership seating, every other game this season i was in my assigned seating.

Where do you sit mate, I'm not saying I don't believe you. I just didn't have that experience so trying to work it out. I think that is terrible.

I get a non-ticketed membership as I don't have a chance to get to many games but still want to put my money where my mouth is and support the club. To reduce the funding (admittedly very small in comparison to other avenues) and number of members seems counterintuitive to me.

@carefactor said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1479003) said:
All i can say is that my decision not to renew goes deeper than just wins and loses or coach . It is to do with a club that happily accepted my membership as a donation last year to then take my renewal money in 2021 with my seating allocation exactley stated as it has been the last 7 or so years being a member only to find when LO games looked popular THEY SOLD MY SEATED AREA TO THE PUBLIC FOR $47, while i had to go sit on the hill.
Scummy and ungrateful management!

I heard a few members say this on LU this season. It is a terrible look.

Measuring the success of the club using membership numbers is pretty meaningless unless it is broken down into the types of memberships being purchased, premium memberships against 3 game memberships.

A far more reliable indicator would be revenue from memberships which never seems to be reported by the club.

@canberratiger said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1479043) said:
I get a non-ticketed membership as I don't have a chance to get to many games but still want to put my money where my mouth is and support the club. To reduce the funding (admittedly very small in comparison to other avenues) and number of members seems counterintuitive to me.

An increase in member funding hasnt helped the cause either though. Money won't make them smarter.

@tigerwest said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1479001) said:
@carefactor said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1478879) said:
@compensate said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1474347) said:
Real fans support their team so I'll be renewing my membership again

What a load of condescending crap!

People don’t need anyone on here’s permission to do anything, you don’t want to be a member fine, I don’t think it’s any of your business what others do?

Is your reply directed at my post ?

@cochise said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1479029) said:

Where do you sit mate, I'm not saying I don't believe you. I just didn't have that experience so trying to work it out. I think that is terrible.

Bay 24 or 25 , i have been sitting there for the last 45 years , and the last 7 as a member and its ALWAYS been GA admission with or without membership . AS per club membership info 2021 confirms
![1.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1632313587379-1.jpg)

**Round 5 V Cows11th April i didn't attend as when i applied for a seat in my membered area i was only allocated a hill standing ..BUT bay 24/25 was available online to the public . $47.50 + fees
Fast forward Round 13 V Panthers it was the same deal .. Could only redeem hill standing again. And GA membership was only available to the public at $47.50 + fees**
![Membership2109.2.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1632314337345-membership2109.2.jpg)

Its not just the fact i happily forfeited a 2020 refund as i was happy to donate that to them , but for the club to see dollar signs a year latter knowing LO draws a significant crowd and to actually screw over those very loyal people is frigging disgusting .
Also im always accompanied by 3-4 family members from well out of the area whom without me have not attended a single game in 2021 regardless of venue.
Anyway say what you want about me , Melbourne Storm just announced free 2022 renewal to all current members , while im sure Weststigers are looking to milk their members let again in 2022

@carefactor said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1479090) said:
@cochise said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1479029) said:

Bay 24 or 25 , i have been sitting there for the last 45 years , and the last 7 as a member and its ALWAYS been GA admission with or without membership . AS per club membership info 2021 confirms
![1.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1632313587379-1.jpg)

**Round 5 V Cows11th April i didn't attend as when i applied for a seat in my membered area i was only allocated a hill standing ..BUT bay 24/25 was available online to the public . $47.50 + fees
Fast forward Round 13 V Panthers it was the same deal .. Could only redeem hill standing again. And GA membership was only available to the public at $47.50 + fees**
![Membership2109.2.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1632314337345-membership2109.2.jpg)

Its not just the fact i happily forfeited a 2020 refund as i was happy to donate that to them , but for the club to see dollar signs a year latter knowing LO draws a significant crowd and to actually screw over those very loyal people is frigging disgusting .
Also im always accompanied by 3-4 family members from well out of the area whom without me have not attended a single game in 2021 regardless of venue.
Anyway say what you want about me , Melbourne Storm just announced free 2022 renewal to all current members , while im sure Weststigers are looking to milk their members let again in 2022

Mate, I'm not looking at having a go at you at all and don't think the club should have done that. i had similar happen many years ago now when Bay 8 that used to be GA became ticketed seats but i was lucky enough to get my season tickets moved there.

Hopefully they only did it due to decreased capacity during Covid, check the info when membership details are released and if that it is designated as ticket I will contact the club for an explanation.

No that is BS... members have paid for those areas...THEY WERE AVAILABLE TO ANYONE IN THE PUBLIC , they were available... seating WASNT exhausted... BUT THEY WERE TO MEMBERS WHO PAID LESS THEN THEY COULD GET ELSEWHERE..

@carefactor said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1479093) said:
No that is BS... members have paid for those areas...THEY WERE AVAILABLE TO ANYONE IN THE PUBLIC , they were available... seating WASNT exhausted... BUT THEY WERE TO MEMBERS WHO PAID LESS THEN THEY COULD GET ELSEWHERE..

So for offering to help, that is your response? I will also state I wasn't excusing the club.

Ps... the club offered no excuse when i canceled ..they couldnt even try defend the undefencable. There is no excuse.... mine and others paid areas WERE AVAIALBLE.. BUT only if you paid the exorbitant price of $47.50 . which mind you is not charged at any NRL venue or any other club for a GA admission area FULLSTOP!

@carefactor said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1479095) said:
Ps... the club offered no excuse when i canceled ..they couldnt even try defend the undefencable. There is no excuse.... mine and others paid areas WERE AVAIALBLE.. BUT only if you paid the exorbitant price of $47.50 . which mind you is not charged at any NRL venue or any other club for a GA admission area FULLSTOP!

No they probably didn't if you addressed them in the way you did me when I offered you assistance.

@carefactor said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1479065) said:
@tigerwest said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1479001) said:
@carefactor said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1478879) said:
@compensate said in [2022 Membership info](/post/1474347) said:
Real fans support their team so I'll be renewing my membership again

What a load of condescending crap!

People don’t need anyone on here’s permission to do anything, you don’t want to be a member fine, I don’t think it’s any of your business what others do?

Is your reply directed at my post ?

Yes

Latest posts

Back