OFFICIAL 2023 Development Players

Yep have to agree mate. Pole was weighing up being an AFL player.... that's actually a good grounding for him because it would give the big fella a different skill set.
I was watching the sports news tonight and they did a story on souths cross code AFL training, saw Latrell leap up onto the bags. Woukd be a good idea to do this for our back imo.
As a side note, I remember muckin about wrestling with a mate I hadn't seen since our rugby days. We were in the back yard and I had so much trouble pinning him and I was twice his size....found out later he was a wood chopper clearing land out west. Such strong shoulders.
Sorry CC but, "wrestling with a mate" is way too much information. 🥃 :ROFLMAO:🕺

So KR and Tuck, out of that depth list who would we be needing for depth, props are always good to have depth??
I doubt the last player in the Top 30 will be an upgrade, especially before the season.

They’ll leave the spot open for a possible signing.

I doubt the last player in the Top 30 will be an upgrade, especially before the season.

They’ll leave the spot open for a possible signing.
Really, you are a tease KR. 🤣
Remember a few days ago I posted a scenario that ¾ thru the season and we are just in the 8 and our centre combinations are losing us games. Meanwhile Feledy is killing it, upgrade if still 29 spots?
As a development player he trains with the NRL but that doesn't stop him playing KOE does it, if he misses out because we sign another player to make 30 they would make him a KOE contract yeh?

Remember a few days ago I posted a scenario that ¾ thru the season and we are just in the 8 and our centre combinations are losing us games. Meanwhile Feledy is killing it, upgrade if still 29 spots?
As a development player he trains with the NRL but that doesn't stop him playing KOE does it, if he misses out because we sign another player to make 30 they would make him a KOE contract yeh?
None of it really matters that late in the year.

After Round 10, anyone outside the Top 30 can play NRL.

Really? Wow! You can tell by his legs that he's a brick. Are you reading this tuck, this guy might be the depth we're looking for. 🤔
For your leg fetish Cobar!

Attachments

• 325604188_923116965588993_2511683285137070306_n.jpg
    325604188_923116965588993_2511683285137070306_n.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 32
It's always so hard to tell with the younger players how they will project.

I feel like Fonua Pole had so much less hype than other guys I've heard about. Never heard of him 2 years ago, whereas I'd known about Stefano for a while now. Maybe it's because of covid that we weren't getting much news or viewing time of these guys playing.
Pole was a standout at Balmain and again in Flegg. Imo in Flegg he looked to have a very high ceiling.

It was good to use him as a benchmark in comparison to other players in the Flegg team. I though Scolari and Kade Hill were great prospects as well. Webster-Mansfield demonstrated promise as well.
All legitimate prospects, I agree.
Good crew.

Then we got the next wave coming through looking great as well with the likes of Tallyn, Miller and Galvin, etc.

Future is bright 🌞

He can play NRL anytime after round 10, or if we get a stack of injuries in his position he can also be promoted to first grade sooner.

Yep have to agree mate. Pole was weighing up being an AFL player.... that's actually a good grounding for him because it would give the big fella a different skill set.
I was watching the sports news tonight and they did a story on souths cross code AFL training, saw Latrell leap up onto the bags. Woukd be a good idea to do this for our back imo.
As a side note, I remember muckin about wrestling with a mate I hadn't seen since our rugby days. We were in the back yard and I had so much trouble pinning him and I was twice his size....found out later he was a wood chopper clearing land out west. Such strong shoulders.
Inspired by Lattrell, Luke has turned his hand to the beautiful game.

Back