2023 - WT to Send Home game to NZ

As I said the other day my mail is very strong that Perth is the next franchise. Assume possibly 2024 ?
West Tigers.
I’d be in if I didn’t think the nrl would shaft us out there, but we need a home and the CoE at concord doesn’t help it’s hedging your bets. Unless you go with Homebush but I would want that as ours only and we play all home games there with one at campo and one at LO.

West Tigers.
I’d be in if I didn’t think the nrl would shaft us out there, but we need a home and the CoE at concord doesn’t help it’s hedging your bets. Unless you go with Homebush but I would want that as ours only and we play all home games there with one at campo and one at LO.
No, I didn’t say Wests Tigers, just that Perth are first in line for the next franchise.

It's strange that a few months back most people were suggesting that the Worriers be allowed to play all the games at home next season everyone was wetting their pants and saying what a great idea for the NZ fans so far tge WT'S have made a suggestion to make it happen and from the other teams and PVL theres been diddley squat

its a non issue,we have been putting a foot print in the place for the last few years,winning 65% of our games where ever they are would be a start.wrong thread 1 home ground plz

I suppose I’m happy we doing it for NZ but unhappy we taking our home games every where

I guess the issue is how many people go to see Wests Tigers v NZ in Wollongong. And we have to pay to hire the ground. Presumably Waikato are kicking in money for us to do this?

The only issue is obviously playing a home game in the opposition’s patch but pretty sure NZW have a terrible record in NZ outside of Auckland.
Wollongong is rugby league heartland and is starved of pro footy. You talk to WC council and they probably kick in for you to play in front of at least 10K. Most of them wearing Orange.

Back