2023 - WT to Send Home game to NZ

Wollongong is rugby league heartland and is starved of pro footy. You talk to WC council and they probably kick in for you to play in front of at least 10K. Most of them wearing Orange.

I admire your enthusiasm but respectfully disagree with your assessment.

When was the last time we benefitted from an opposition team moving their home game to our ground or region? We are not good enough to sell home ground advantage to the highest bidder and never will be while this stupidity continues. We even play our home finals at the opposition's home ground when we rarely make finals once a decade or so.

Losing clubs have to make gestures like this. Winners play to win. Nice gesture but this is professional sport not u10s - very indicative of our complacent, noncompetitive management. NZ are adults, they don't need this either.

I
I think it's more a money thing than a good gesture thing.
If it's purely a gesture thing why on earth hasn't the NRL shown more respect to the Warriors and promote more teams financially to take home games to the NZ.
This could be a show of appreciation to the Warriors for help keeping the competition alive during COVID.
How much money did the Warriors lose in season ticket holders, sales in merchandise, vendors and promotion of their club ie sponsors, development etc.
Adding to my lame previous post, credit to the WT for their contribution.

Back