2023 - WT to Send Home game to NZ

I can see the pain here losing another true home game.
But on the flip-side, I can also see the Wests Tigers making a motza out of this location, via Assistant Coach (and NZ rugby league legend) Benji Marshall.
A Wests Tigers bonanza, both $$$ and (maybe more) a gateway into New Zealand.

After reading how alot of teams said they would or consider a home game in NZ and its only the tigers actually doing it...im proud of the club for sticking to that.

Yeh yeh it's probably more about gate or sponsor money and wah wah we lose a home game. We've hardly been creating a fortress in Sydney.

Love that we've done this, pride and respect.
We should market that shit out of the fact no other team did it and throw heaps of crap on them in the lead up to the game.

Another free leg up for our opponents.

We are already have no real Home ground and massive disruption in 2023 due to venues being unavailable.

I'm not a fan
1000% agree ...when money becomes more important than winning football games .....this club wants to get more excited about finishing Top 8 on the P&L statement than the actual Top 8 on the Bailey's ladder

To me that is the clubs way of writing 2023 off ......absolutely friggin disgraceful

We are already have no real Home ground and massive disruption in 2023 due to venues being unavailable.

I'm not a fan
Our record at Leichhardt and Campbeltown are atrocious lately. Doubt itl make much difference.

Surprised Pascoe hasn't put his hand up to play in the states.

The Rabbitohs and Roosters are lukewarm on the ‘Coming to America’ proposal, which would see the NRL stage one fixture for premiership points in the final week of February, before the official round-one kick-off in March.

It is believed the NRL has raised the prospect of a $30,000 financial carrot for any club wishing to play in America, but that is not enough to convince the Broncos to head overseas.
Really time to close the door on the US plans ...lets try and help PNG get in a position where they can field a NRL side or a combined Pacific Islands team .....if we can start pinching players from Rugby in Tonga ....Fiji and Samoa and the Cook Islands with grassroot level support in all countries imagine how much stronger the NRL could be ...and then International Rugny League gets even stronger

Why are you all so upset?
When do we ever win home games?
Just as likely to win over there, will make more money and are doing the right thing by the Warriors. Classy move.
and Isaiah Papali'i can see his girl, unless she is playing netball somewhere else that weekend.

I actually am proud of the club for doing this - many other clubs promised and didn't' deliver
The Warriors were amazing being away for so long, its a great way for the Tigers to say thanks to them

I actually am proud of the club for doing this - many other clubs promised and didn't' deliver
The Warriors were amazing being away for so long, its a great way for the Tigers to say thanks to them
Yes, and I hope the club makes this a big thing - like the team standing and clapping the crowd for 60 secs before the game starts.

This club literally gives no shits about winning games. Who cares if NZ missed out during covid. Melb was locked down the longest in the world, send all rounds their way if they want to feel good. It makes no sense. First priority should be 2 points at any legal cost. It’s only one game but shows the mindset of Pascoe and his merry gang of clowns.
Pascoe probably gets a bonus if he makes a large profit and i doubt he gets anything if we win a premiership
I’m positive that we are not just doing this out of the goodness of our heart. There must be a payback ( in kind) or payment ( in cash) involved.
I guess all we can do is let our highly tuned executive team handle it.
You may be right Jadtiger coz most of his KPIs would be around people and money. But I’ve often read the financial benefits for winning the comp are pretty amazing so I’m sure he’d like that over one lousy game in NZ.
I was thinking that it might have been part of Paps contract, does anyone know if he’s from or near Hamilton.😁😁😁😁

I'm not a fan
This is why I watch the games at home now - no tribalism, we fight our wars in enemy territory!

I can see the pain here losing another true home game.
But on the flip-side, I can also see the Wests Tigers making a motza out of this location, via Assistant Coach (and NZ rugby league legend) Benji Marshall.
A Wests Tigers bonanza, both $$$ and (maybe more) a gateway into New Zealand.
Wests Suckers

Back