2024 - Season Expectations / Hopes

Top 8.

Most of you will scoff. That's ok.

The combination of forward competence & a good kicking game puts the team in the contest.

The introduction of some of the younger players as the year goes on should elevate the quality on the field- Galvin, Latu Fainu, Lualili'i, Sam Fainu, Fa'agutu should all see playing time, if not significant playing time.

90% of the game is possession & position. The Tigers already do completions well. Now the kicking game should put them in the position to take advantage of that.

The gap between the good & the bad teams seems significant, but it's mostly possession, position & roster depth.

Its called human spirit to be blunt
I am amazed that we are talking about professional football players possibly being taught about the will to win.
That is a starting point imo and if you don’t have the desire/passion or wtw then you shouldn’t be there in the first place.
Too much millennial crap, get out there and leave nothing in the tank !!

Top 8.

Most of you will scoff. That's ok.

The combination of forward competence & a good kicking game puts the team in the contest.

The introduction of some of the younger players as the year goes on should elevate the quality on the field- Galvin, Latu Fainu, Lualili'i, Sam Fainu, Fa'agutu should all see playing time, if not significant playing time.

90% of the game is possession & position. The Tigers already do completions well. Now the kicking game should put them in the position to take advantage of that.

The gap between the good & the bad teams seems significant, but it's mostly possession, position & roster depth.
You clearly didn’t see what we did with good field position last year or in this years trials. Execution and individual brilliance makes up much more than 10%.

You clearly didn’t see what we did with good field position last year or in this years trials. Execution and individual brilliance makes up much more than 10%.
It's not so much about individuals being significantly more brilliant than others.

At the level they all play in 1st grade- they are ALL good players.

Law of averages will tell you that to be more successful at scoring points you need to be in quality attacking positions more often than the opposition are.

The Tigers have done a decent job of maintaining possession for a couple of years but have absolutely lacked a quality kicking game. Wakeham, Hastings & Brooks combined were an awful amalgamation of field kicking & goal line attacking kicks.

Sezar is better across the board at general field kicking.

Sullivan is a significant upgrade over Brooks attacking the line with kicks.

Maybe I know nothing about modern rugby league. But it sure looks like there's a whole bunch of points scored off the back of attacking kicks & repeat sets inside the opposition attacking third.

I'd suggest the better you are at kicking, and the more often you are in a good attacking position- the more likely you are to score.

Back