A Call to action - Rozelle Village

@cktiger said:
@Cultured Bogan said:
@innsaneink said:
Ta wacko

Isnt this a perfect opportunity for Wests Tigers to have their own licensed venue>?

I think it's time to have a WT leagues club. I don't really support the leagues club funding model **but it would go way to shoe that Balmain are committed to the WT**.

Would you also support Wests Ashfield and Campbelltown renaming themselves as WestsTigers and taking the Magpie off the club logo to show their commitment?
Can't see that happening.

I would support that also. Look, at the end of the day I only see the re-badging of leagues clubs as formalities. In essence the leagues clubs (be it Wests or Balmain,) are Wests Tigers clubs now. I'd like to see WT get to a point where they don't have to rely on leagues club funds and financially sustain itself through a viable business model with the NRL grant going straight into the pocket, or be utilised to further our revenue or seek out additional opportunities.

It's criminal that this club has the varied and wide supporter base that it does, a presence in so many areas and is still unable to make a dollar or two. Not releasing bland merchandise for the sake of it and value adding the membership packs would go a long way.

Re-branding is a pretty simple formality if this was a direction each Clubs Members agreed upon… The ownership provenance of each Leagues Club wouldnt need to change, just the Trading Name.

There would be huge benifits for all Clubs I would assume, with the sharing of Social Members free to attend all clubs without hassle...

Big hurdle politically due to factions etc, but not something which couldnt happen!

Working together? Heaven forbid that ever happens! Poor old maggies need to get their fair share….

Ashfield is branded with magpies. Campbelltown has no magpie branding and would be suitable as a WT branded club. But they dont embrace WT that much compared to Ashfield and only have 4 games a year nextdoor..
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

@wtfl1981 said:
Ashfield is branded with magpies. Campbelltown has no magpie branding and would be suitable as a WT branded club. But they dont embrace WT that much compared to Ashfield and only have 4 games a year nextdoor..
\
\

A decision to rebrand the leagues club to WT would have little to no bearing on how many games are played where ever, it would purely be based on Brand Exposure to increase traffic to the venues on a day to day basis, plus grow the WT profile.

Locals will visit there 'local' like religion, but with an appealing and national brand like Wests Tigers, the increase in traffic from outside the traditional demographic should have greater appeal and reach.

@Staks said:
Did anyone else read the email from Rooney yesterday… things are starting to get very serious it seems... hopefully this matter is resolved quickly so that construction can begin!!
\
\

Got a letter from Rooney yesterday which was probably the same thing. Interesting read actually.

@Yossarian said:
@Staks said:
Did anyone else read the email from Rooney yesterday… things are starting to get very serious it seems... hopefully this matter is resolved quickly so that construction can begin!!
\
\

Got a letter from Rooney yesterday which was probably the same thing. Interesting read actually.

Is it possible to give a run down?

@Sataris said:
@Yossarian said:
@Staks said:
\
\

Is it possible to give a run down?

I will do so tonight. Basically it gave a rundown of what has happened. That agreements had been signed to do the work but the GFC meant it didn't happen. Named the companies who would have been involved. The main intent of the letter was to get people to lobby in support of the development while the public submissions window is open.

This could be it:

A LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT
THE NEW CLUB
ROZELLE VILLAGE WEBSITE
A Letter From The President

The Tigers have been part of the Balmain Rozelle community for over 100 years – Let’s make it another 100 years

The Tigers have been part of the Balmain area since 1908 and the Balmain Leagues club has had its base in Balmain since 1957\. The Tigers are more than a club. The Tigers are a part of the community, a part of the local history. They are part of the fabric of the community.
The return to Rozelle is not just about the long-term viability of Tigers but about being where we and where the community and supporters want to belong.
The Tigers started the process of re-development in earnest from 2003 in discussion with Leichhardt Council, our members and the community. This was about creating a vibrant site that not only provided for the long term viability and growth of the Tigers’ club but allowed such a key site in the Leichhardt Council area to be developed under a master plan.
The plan aimed to avoid a fragmented development that would not be positive for either business operators or local residents
The development was to contribute to the on-going vibrancy and viability of the Rozelle Commercial Centre. As you know, the journey has neither been smooth nor easy.
In 2008, the Tigers commenced a relationship with Reed Construction on the development, which was to be funded by Lehman Brothers. Prior to the final sign off, unfortunately the Global Financial Crisis (GFC) hit and for all of us everything changed. We had run out of options, at the last moment Rozelle Village offered us a lifeline.
Rozelle Village shared our vision of the area, its opportunities and they understood that the Tigers needed to be part of the community. They could see the long-term future. For many members, myself included the relationship with Balmain Tigers and Balmain Leagues Club is a lifetime partnership.
It is more than bricks and mortar. It is where we meet; it is the history we share, the place where we live. It is sport – junior and senior; it is part of our community fabric. Black and Gold are just not colours, they are our history.
We need to get back to Rozelle. We need your support to get the State and local government to remember that this development is about our future. Without the support of Rozelle Village we would not exist today. Without Rozelle we have no home. Rozelle Village and Tigers are sharing a journey, if the development is not approved at Rozelle this journey will come to an end.
The revised development is on public display; submissions on the revised proposal must be made by Monday, 10 December 2012, to the Department of Planning and Infrastructure – majorprojects.planning.nsw.gov.au.
Please download the pro-forma letter supporting the development,

http://tigers.org.au/beta/wp-content/up … al.pdf.pdf

Fill it in and

send it to

Michelle Nielsen
PoBox 1777
Rozelle 2039

Or scan it and email it to

<mnielsen@tigers.org.au>The club will then forward that on your behalf to the Department of Planning and Infrastructure.
We need to make sure that Leichhardt Council and the NSW State Government understand that if there is to be a Balmain Tigers, we need to return to Rozelle. Make your feelings known, ring, e-mail, fax and write.
Just think of what happens if Balmain cannot return to Rozelle; just think of what it would be like with no Balmain Leagues Club. We cannot let this happen. We need your help now more than ever.
For our future,
Kevin Rooney
President, Balmain Leagues Club
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_</mnielsen@tigers.org.au>

It's also on the Balmain Leagues website for those interested:
\
\
http://tigers.org.au/index.php/venues/balmain/whats-in-it-for-me/about-balmain-leagues-club/

@cktiger said:
@Cultured Bogan said:
@innsaneink said:
Ta wacko

Isnt this a perfect opportunity for Wests Tigers to have their own licensed venue>?

I think it's time to have a WT leagues club. I don't really support the leagues club funding model **but it would go way to shoe that Balmain are committed to the WT**.

Would you also support Wests Ashfield and Campbelltown renaming themselves as WestsTigers and taking the Magpie off the club logo to show their commitment?
Can't see that happening.

I'd support it too…...but I doubt those clubs would, as theyre quite comfy as it is and not up to their necks in s--t!

but ME??? Id love it!!
You dont though do you CK>?
You want Balmain back eh?

Wests Cambo has no magpie anyway

Latest posts

Back