A tough call needs to be made

king_sirro

Can we continue this streak with a forward who constantly takes all the momentum out of our attack. A forward who just gets the ball and runs straight into the markers no matter what other better option is available? And then follows this up with a slow play the ball every single time. So many times we start to get a bit of go forward then this guy takes the momentum away. He has to be dropped.

Im sick of saying it and all of u are probably sick of me saying it, so im going to really try and not bag the guy again this year after this thread, but Chris Heighington must not be in our team.

He cripples out attack, that's for sure.

I'd keep him, but off the bench and NOT as an 80 minute player. 50 or 60 minutes at most. And I agree with running into the markers, someone needs
to teach him how to run into a hole.

I think you are being a bit critcal here of heignton.

He just came back from an injury tonight and wasn't at full strength. Thats probaly why he seemed to slow down our play or make a mistake whenever we were on a role.

When he is at full strength heinghton is an anthony watmought to the tigers.

@sargent said:
I think you are being a bit critcal here of heignton.

He just came back from an injury tonight and wasn't at full strength. Thats probaly why he seemed to slow down our play or make a mistake whenever we were on a role.

When he is at full strength heinghton is an anthony watmought to the tigers.

Tell me your joking? Your comparing Heighington to Watmough :laughing: The way Chris played tonight is how he's been playing all year. Coming back from injury doesnt excuse pathetic runs into the markers.

Yeh Id use him off the bench, but then I think if we use him off the bench, he needs to provide impact which he never does.

Still Id bench him and see if he can do a similar role to 05 where he did actually provide some impact and score some tries!

@steven_tiger said:
I'd have Heighno in my team for sure. He runs hard and pumps his legs in the tackle.

He never makes much ground. usually ends up on his back as well.

@stryker said:
@steven_tiger said:
I'd have Heighno in my team for sure. He runs hard and pumps his legs in the tackle.

He never makes much ground. usually ends up on his back as well.

He needs to get some leg drive or learn to hit a hole, to make yards, it has to be one of those imo.

well from memmory ..it was payne who was tossed off like a rag doll in both of watmos trys …..if anyone goes its payne for mine and play the rhino at 13 ....

I wouldn't be as concerned with your "attacking" forwards. It's defense that needs the work. Both from an individual technique and a pack defense mentality. This needs to be addressed asap!

I've seen Heighno kill them but:
1\. He is miles from Watmough or Ellis.
2\. He has had a poor year - a couple of games he has played at his best but on the whole it has been a real bad year.

Could have been talking about Payten as well. Both work hard but stiffle the attack.

Heighington should be used like today. Off the bench. It must be a Sheens thing to run at the markers in an effort to get a quick play-the-ball. Apart from that its a literal waste of a tackle.

I wouldn't start him over Galea.

Maybe over Payne and use him as a loose prop style lock. He defends better tighter as a general rule

Off the Bench…he didn't look right.......

Who missed Watmough,,,,at the halfway line for his first try...who was the inside man?

@Geo. said:
Off the Bench…he didn't look right.......

Who missed Watmough,,,,at the halfway line for his first try...who was the inside man?

Nearly 100% on it being Payne but i'll check replay.

i also have been far from impressed with him this year, however i was far from impressed by tuaki last year and look how he has turned things around. i thought heighno was one of our best last year, not sure on what to do with him it complicates things, i would probably drop him maybe i dunno its a tough call.

if running into markers was an Olympic sport then heighno would be in the michael phelps mould.

both gale and payne are better then him atm, he shouldnt be moved from the bench and should only play 40-50mins.

At this stage of the season and with where the Tigers are with their squad, I would continue to bring Heighno off the bench. He's definitely top 17 but with Galea defending so well and starting to get more involved in attack, Heighno is the perfect replacement for Payne after 20 minutes. I'd continue to bring Galloway off the bench too for impact. Gibbs is playing solid and going forward and Payten has picked his game up in attack over the last couple of weeks so I wouldn't be tinkering with the starting side at the moment.

Latest posts

Members online

Back