Adam Blair To Broncos (CONFIRMED)

Wests Tigers release Adam Blair
Wests Tigers have today confirmed that the Club has granted Adam Blair a release from the final year of his contract.

Blair has played 192 NRL games since debuting for the Melbourne Storm in 2006, with the New Zealand international joining Wests Tigers for the 2012 season.

At Wests Tigers Blair played 71 games, missing just one match during his time at the Club, including not missing a game in the last two seasons, with the 28 year old scoring four tries during that time.

Wests Tigers Head Coach Jason Taylor thanked Blair for his commitment to the Club and wished him well for his playing future.

“On behalf of Wests Tigers I’d like to thank Adam for his effort and commitment both on and off the field during his time at the Club,” said Taylor. “It’s impressive to note that during three seasons with the Club Adam didn’t miss a game through injury, sitting just one out through suspension.

“Adam played an important role in Wests Tigers’ Leadership Group and we wish him the best of luck for the 2015 season and beyond,” he said.

Taylor also stressed that while Wests Tigers had released a number of players since the finish of the 2014 NRL season the Club won’t be making any major signings ahead of 2015.

“By releasing Adam and a couple of other players recently we have had some relief in the salary cap,” said Taylor. “But I need to make it clear this doesn’t mean that we’re going to be signing up players between now and the start of the 2015 season.

“We’re planning for long-term success here and any decisions regarding signing new players will be made with this in mind,” he said. “We have a great group of young players coming through the Wests Tigers system and from what I’ve seen of them so far I’m confident that they will develop into a strong group of NRL players.

“I can assure Wests Tigers Members and supporters that we have a clear recruitment strategy and we are committed to building a successful Club that will challenge for premierships,” said Taylor.

Its good to see Taylor mention a long term plan…

No need to rush into forced purchases.

_Posted using RoarFEED_

Lunacy if we're not planning on signing someone to replace him!

I don't mean we should sign someone who doesn't fit the club, but short term pain without any gain doesn't bode well for the club.

No the club has no back rowers over like 22!

I wonder if there was a typo in there though. "But I need to make it clear this doesn’t mean that we’re going to be signing up players between now and the start of the 2015 season."

Surely they mean "rush" into signing players between now and the start of the season! Taylor already said centre and back row need strengthening, now we release our only experienced back rower and aren't planning on replacing him?

I think this is great news.

Im sorry but I just dont like the Storm/niggly way he plays.

Biig save on coins and we have kids that will have a bigger go IMO.

Big coin? On the current salary cap it's hardly anything.

What is our backrow in 2015 now?

At one point this would of made me happy.

Looking at how he has played recently plus what we have in the way of replacements I'm not happy.
\
\
Knowing Wests we are probably paying 50% of next year aswell.

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.1.5_

@quintus said:
@simonthetiger said:
Is he hitting his straps??…..he was ok.

Really??? Wow, you know everything Simon….What would we do without experts like you to guide us through life.... :laughing:

Gee im sorry if i hurt ur feelings.

I just dont rate Blair….ive seen every game he played for us and Im far from impressed.

On 500k.....i expect a lot more.

Glad to save the coins and give a young kid a go.

So going by taylors quotes 2015 is essentially a write off?

This would've been awesome news if we had a replacement, but we don't so don't know how to feel about this tbh. Something tells me Taylor is lining up a few good signings for the 2016 season.

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.1.4_

Topics merged.

I don't know how I feel about this, I thought he was one of our better players this year. Obviously he will free up some cap space and I think Taylor is probably throwing up the smoke and mirrors about no major signings. We're bare as anything in the second row so there must be a signing or two in respect to this coming our way.

Either that or they've stuffed up with a contract and they need to free the money.

I've never had the desire to kick an old man (Bennet) in the crotch more than right now.
Oh well though, thanks Adam and good luck at the Broncos!

Wow Penrith style clean-up.

Someone hit the nail on the head earlier when they said Blair's best attribute is that he is a busy player however he still misses tackles & gives away penalties. Sure we're losing another experienced player but I think it's a good move for the long term.

Can someone explain something to me?
Taylor says we won't be making any major signings for 2015, but if Blair only had 1 year left on his contract why have we released him?
He would have been off contract the following year anyway, either way he have more money to sign players for 2016, but releasing Blair means we now have a disastrous looking back row next year.

As long as we are not paying a single cent for his 2015 contract I have no issue….Blair is NOT a huge loss...he has NOT lived up to his reputation or salary in the 3 years he was with us...

We're not actually freeing up cap space if we don't sign a replacement. The NRL pays for all/most of the cap anyway, its just how we attribute it that matters!

Backrow 2015:

Akaoula
Sirro
Sue

Backup Halatau, Lawrence (?!!)

Unless Woods is going to become a lock and we throw Lodge in as starting prop?

@Sabre said:
Can someone explain something to me?
Taylor says we won't be making any major signings for 2015, but if Blair only had 1 year left on his contract why have we released him?
He would have been off contract the following year anyway, either way he have more money to sign players for 2016, but releasing Blair means we now have a disastrous looking back row next year.

Because we are over the cap for 2015?

Back