Adam Doueihi #227

Our chair in the article I posted the other day spoke of tough decisions being made with recruitment/retention. Doueihi will be one of them I believe.

With Doueihi and Hastings, drama (whether intentional or not) surrounded them. WTs doesn't need it.
Douhie like Hastings is / was a Maguire Man, not confident he will be here in 2024

I would try to sign Mitch for 24 and if that happened would then try to transfer AD for Mitch in 23 That would free more cash for Parra to sign Dylan Parra gets something and maybe offer a hooker so they save face a two for one player trade
spot on try and offer AD and Jake Simpkin for Moses for 2023 if we can

I like Douehe but after we saved him from the Redfern scrap heap (when Souths put him out with the trash so they could sign Latrell) it’s suddenly all about the money and guaranteed position for him.
He got rid of the “I’m a halfback” to the Knights now we still have the sook that only wants to play 5/8
It would be nice to keep him but he’s developed a Latrell type attitude and will be hard to manage going forward.
For 900k+ we don’t need someone digging their heels in if that are moved from their favourite position.
I'm wondering what teams would or could offer AD 900k. As a ⅝ goes there's better halves at the top of their game that can demand that sort of money like Dylan Brown at Parra.
There's just too many doubts about him to warrant the risk of failure and a huge chunk of ones cap.
He has played that second ⅝ role before and did some good things so why not try to become like a Manu.
I haven't heard Manu kick up a fuss about playing centre or fullback for that matter, so I'd be rapped if Manu signed for 900k, AD, nah.

For 900k+ we don’t need someone digging their heels in if that are moved from their favourite position.

I'd love to see the club tell give him a choice. You can play 6 for 350k or you can play wherever we think is best for the club for 500k.

I think all the sooking is about getting more money. I think he has gotten away with this attitude because we are a dud club and he is a star and fan favorite.

I'm wondering what teams would or could offer AD 900k. As a ⅝ goes there's better halves at the top of their game that can demand that sort of money like Dylan Brown at Parra.
There's just too many doubts about him to warrant the risk of failure and a huge chunk of ones cap.
He has played that second ⅝ role before and did some good things so why not try to become like a Manu.
I haven't heard Manu kick up a fuss about playing centre or fullback for that matter, so I'd be rapped if Manu signed for 900k, AD, nah.
To be fair I haven't heard any fuss from Douehi himself either... Just media & forum spec

It all depends on the coach. If Brooks was told by Sheens that he saw him as a back up DH for Api you think he wouldn't be training with Newcastle now? The Roosters are not in the wooden spoon position. Coach/players can justify why they can maintain positions.

Yes he can be, on occasion. That’s why I say he is overrated.
He has no consistency. He is not a star in our team and we came last.
I also dispute he always tries his best. If that was true, his defence would be better.
Agreed on all but defence.

Our entire team has sucked at defence, Yes Doueihi could try a little harder but

Doueihi has had a really good NRL shot. He has had some good games some woeful.
He has never been an 800k player for us. Never

All this indicates to me that we made the wrong decision re Hastings.
I am sure Sheens was watching 2022, he would have seen how the attack was going and Sheens can coach attack. Still, considering the attitude of both Doueihi, Brooks and Moses. No idea why anyone would want to touch them at all.

I can’t see where he fits? He wants to be a half but rarely passes. I saw him as a 13, but his defence needs work.
Yesterday’s fish & chip wrapping had him as our best player by a country mile.
He could be the 7 that Knights are looking for?
totally agreed.
Doueihi is like the opposite of Mbye, rarely passes and defence is poor. Has heart and tries which for a 400k player is fine, 800k (as he is asking for) ... NOPE.

AD 900k.

Tell him he's dreaming son :)
castle-dreaming.jpg

Absolutely nobody would sign AD for 900k,if some desperate club offered him 650k he should grab it with both hands.Not worried if he goes and i don;t mind him as a footballer

Douhie like Hastings is / was a Maguire Man, not confident he will be here in 2024
My friend who gets Chicken for AD says after talking to him that AD really wants to go to the Bulldogs, but Gus doesnt think he is the right player for the team as they need an organising number 7 and they prefer Crichton for 1. Also he wants 900k (most likely settle for 750) so its too much on their cap.

AD has been contacting them numerous times asking if theres room and getting updates on the half/FB situation there.

My friend who gets Chicken for AD says after talking to him that AD really wants to go to the Bulldogs, but Gus doesnt think he is the right player for the team as they need an organising number 7 and they prefer Crichton for 1. Also he wants 900k (most likely settle for 750) so its too much on their cap.

AD has been contacting them numerous times asking if theres room and getting updates on the half/FB situation there.
How can he front up to training with his teammates if he’s actively seeking to go elsewhere? At least you can dissociate yourself a little if you have a manager making the calls.

Latest posts

Members online

Back