Adam Doueihi #227

I've got mates who support a variety of teams but the one thing they all agree on is that AD is our best player.
Not sure why he's copping such a bagging after an ACL injury screwed his entire off season and most of this year.
The guy is a a keeper, as is Hastings.
he was signed as a fullback from souths
then moved into the 6
The guy is a centre
if he could tackle maybe a 13

If Sheens has been given a pass for results this season, given he was responsible for most of the decisions that impacted negatively on the squad this year, Douehi is entitled to be given some leeway.

No offense intended but I reckon this is nonsense.

Sheens shouldn't be given a pass and neither should Doueihi.

I get called out for being on the fence. My take is that anyone supporting Doueihi and Sheens based on their performances this year is having a laugh.

Next year is a different story. I'll be supporting both of them and hopefully I'm singing their praises because I just want to win a lot more games.

Just to put some context around the situation. Doueihi performed in my opinion a lot better than Sheens.

No offense intended but I reckon this is nonsense.

Sheens shouldn't be given a pass and neither should Doueihi.

I get called out for being on the fence. My take is that anyone supporting Doueihi and Sheens based on their performances this year is having a laugh.

Next year is a different story. I'll be supporting both of them and hopefully I'm singing their praises because I just want to win a lot more games.

Just to put some context around the situation. Doueihi performed in my opinion a lot better than Sheens.
The point is Earl different people will make excuses for some but not others. The results will show that just about no one performed well in their role at the club this year and all should be held to the same standard or be excused for the same reasons - who ever they are.

Love Adam D,

Great attitude, Fights to Win, Wants to be part of a successful Wests Tigers

He and Hastings are absolute top priority Retains
Yep I love his passion still remember a game we were getting smashed on our own line and he came off the back fence with passion and gusto like a real footballer should, it really showed up the forwards. But he has got a lot to work on and if I were re-signing him I would be pointing that out and not pay overs, and yeah I want him to stay and become a gun.

Exactly. Comparing him and Brooks is interesting. I have low expectation for Brooks and high expectations for Doueihi.
I think I am a little more jaded than you, I have a low expectation of both, we need forwards that go forward and until then they will both struggle. But at the moment AD needs to cement a position for his career.

That is a cop out. If anyone really thinks Doueihi performed well this year they are kidding themselves.

All pre-season and during the year I was stating Hasting to 7 and Doueihi to 6.
Played 11 games this year.

I can think of 3 clear games that were disgraceful....
The rest were decent.

Coming back from an injury and lay off.

Manu is leaps and bounds ahead of every centre in the game though - most centres move on to play #1 or #6 long before they get to his level.
I feel that most other clubs would have been playing AD at centre to get his defence right before moving to #6, but we're the Tigers so whatever.
I would rate Olam as the best centre in the game but Manu as the better player as he has more versatility and can play anywhere from 1-5 as one of the best in that position.As far as AD is concerned i can make excuses to a certain extent as he came back from a 2nd ACL however his performances were not great and on some occasions were disgraceful.Hopefully he improves in 2023

Last edited:
I don't think I'm being harsh. He did come back from a major injury. When he played well he was really good.

I still think his career is at the crossroads. He has so many flaws in his game.
Cool Earl, your a realist. Lets hope he has an exceptional year...with us. 👍

Starting to look like Munster will go to dolphins in 2024 if so AD may well end up at Storm after next season. Looks like 2023 is going to be a one-off, messed up, stepping stone type season with a lot of changes to follow it also.
Sheens will be looking for a replacement for Papalii as well coz I don’t think we’ve seen the end of that saga. Paps will do anything to back out if he can.
We will be bottom4 next year. If anyone thinks differently they are delusional.

I expect better. Sheens tanked this year. You can't do that and not expect to improve considerably the following year.

Unless we purchase some talent or a bunch of players improve considerable we will have a bottom 4 team.

I expect better. Sheens tanked this year. You can't do that and not expect to improve considerably the following year.

Unless we purchase some talent or a bunch of players improve considerable we will have a bottom 4 team.
Earl, I’m more buoyant than you and feel we can possibly finish further up the ladder.( exactly where I’m not certain)
We need to start the year well and it will be amazing what some confidence will do.
Players will grab on to that and start to meet and possibly exceed expectations.
I always say start as you want to finish, and win more of the close ones, coz they are the games you rue at seasons end,
And we had more than a few of those this year.

You should post up your Fearless Predictions for 2022 to back you up. I'm frightened to give an opinion for next year as I was none from 5 this year.

I actually did a bunch of video playback sessions the last 3 weeks of all our games over the last 2 seasons to do several player spotlights ready for next year - basically to see if I could see something that could flow into a more attacking style.

If AD plays like he did last year moulded into a role of receive & run 70%, distribute 20% & decoy 10% with Hastings inside and Laurie behind as a 2nd 5/8th I can see alot of attacking success forming off this. Papa & Nofa plays his side as well, we are just a quality center short but geez we could be stacked on the right edge.

Api fake and quick ball release will give AD more time to straighten his attack and ball run which will in turn give those outside him more space. It will force the defensive line to draw in. If AD could get a short kicking game together he could be very dangerous.

It also could be a ploy to shift defensive lines to the right edge and open up Brooks speed on the left. But Brooks will need a bucket load of support as he won't be able to do it himself. Blore & Talau can run good lines but geez wish we kept Garner for another year. Naden if he lines up on the left center spot could be in for a nice attacking year if above pans out.

Wondering what Doueihi thinks about what looks like our desperation to sign Moses .If he comes and Brooks stays where does Doueihi end up.I wouldn't be surprised if he signs somewhere else for 24 sometime soon.Hes the only one who hasn't been sighted at the COE as far as I can tell

Could probably get a deal elsewhere for 2023 if he wanted to that bad...

Very uncertain career, being a professional athlete.

Latest posts

Back