Adam Doueihi #227

Offa not a bad choice either. I usually have the same thoughts about a newbie being captain but have exceptions. I thought when Wests bought wazza Ryan and a shit load of new guys that Joe Thomas was a great choice, as was when we merged, it wasn't a Balmain or Wests player it was a newbie in McCracken. I feel this team has the same sort of feelng about it, a new era, out with the old thinking. Let's reboot the whole group.
I understand mate - but from a Balmain view I still prefer a bloke who has bled on that jersey to be the formal captain (like Junior, Benny, Sirro and Senter).

Thank phunk we never gave it to Field just because he was a mouthy #7!

Most of those blokes Wazza brought to Wests from the Bulldogs (aside from Langmack) didn't stay that long - and found greener pastures....

Loyalty can't be bought!!

I understand mate - but from a Balmain view I still prefer a bloke who has bled on that jersey to be the formal captain (like Junior, Benny, Sirro and Senter).

Thank phunk we never gave it to Field just because he was a mouthy #7!

Most of those blokes Wazza brought to Wests from the Bulldogs (aside from Langmack) didn't stay that long - and found greener pastures....

Loyalty can't be bought!!
Ideally a junior. Absolutely

I think some people here assume that Joe will spend less time on the field playing at prop.

I can assure you now - Sheensy will utilise his fitness to play 60-70 quality minutes and rotate the props/locks rotation around him for impact.

Joffa will continue to play big minutes at high quality!

Agree. He was the 1st forward signing into the Benji era, he wasn’t signed to be a bench forward as some have him listed. With him and Klemmer it gives us big minute forwards allowing the kids to play hard in spurts if we get some luck with injuries mixed with forward pack options pending the opponent.

Agree. He was the 1st forward signing into the Benji era, he wasn’t signed to be a bench forward as some have him listed. With him and Klemmer it gives us big minute forwards allowing the kids to play hard in spurts if we get some luck with injuries mixed with forward pack options pending the opponent.
What sort of mins does klemmer pump out?

I think some people here assume that Joe will spend less time on the field playing at prop.

I can assure you now - Sheensy will utilise his fitness to play 60-70 quality minutes and rotate the props/locks rotation around him for impact.

Joffa will continue to play big minutes at high quality!
I agree, best player last year in a rabble, and some say he's not going to get mins. 🤔

Some don't like AD's arrogance but his passion for winning might be the culture change we need, that's why I said VC. He has to better defend if players are going to listen to him though.

I agree, best player last year in a rabble, and some say he's not going to get mins. 🤔
Best player by about 3 miles!!

His legal tackle where he obliterate Curran from a standing start (but for which he got incorrectly penalised) was one of my 22 highlights!

He got penalised incorrectly - but despite knowing it was bullshit - he shrugged it off and smashed the next runner!

He's tough as nails - and just training with him will harden up some of the young kids!

I understand mate - but from a Balmain view I still prefer a bloke who has bled on that jersey to be the formal captain (like Junior, Benny, Sirro and Senter)

Glory days bro. When bears where
still in the comp. Darren Senter was
heaps underrated. Him and Ben Galea
use to put in work. Underrated smh

Some don't like AD's arrogance but his passion for winning might be the culture change we need, that's why I said VC. He has to better defend if players are going to listen to him though.
Don't know anybody who likes losing Cobar!

It is how you deal with it - and blame games are not the way!

Adam - David & Moses (the first testament biblical trio) are not the best examples of will to win or handling defeat!

Best player by about 3 miles!!

His legal tackle where he obliterate Curran from a standing start (but for which he got incorrectly penalised) was one of my 22 highlights!

He got penalised incorrectly - but despite knowing it was bullshit - he shrugged it off and smashed the next runner!

He's tough as nails - and just training with him will harden up some of the young kids!
Mate his ex SOO, if he can produce like that again ontop if last years effort we'll have a rep team of our own. Throw in up and comers pole and blore, stef to hit his straps etc etc

Don't know anybody who likes losing Cobar!

It is how you deal with it - and blame games are not the way!

Adam - David & Moses (the first testament biblical trio) are not the best examples of will to win or handling defeat!
Gotcha

If everyone is fairdinkum about our culture change then you have to let go of the fav players in our side...AD hasnt got the experience of Api at NRL level or played rep football at SOO or represented Australia,he may have reped for Lebanon,but thats a far cry from the NRL grind week in week out,same as Brooks...
To be honest a spoon side picking a fan favourite over a quality NRL premiership player that has a longer contract than both mentioned really astounds me and no wonder we as a team and club are where we are...first the boys club now the fan boy favs...fair dinkum...
Offa is the next best but I dont think he has the smarts that Api has...

Mate his ex SOO, if he can produce like that again ontop if last years effort we'll have a rep team of our own. Throw in up and comers pole and blore, stef to hit his straps etc etc
Pole is so far ahead of Blore at this stage it is a different stratosphere!

All Pole needs to do is what he already showed last year - sometimes for big minutes - over 10 consecutive games (including starting at prop and playing 55 minues in his SECOND NRL GAME) to b assured of a long & successful career!

Blore needs to string some games together just to prove he is NRL standard - and then find some of the form he had as a junior before he becomes a regular member of the top 17!

Talau is still a better prospect & has shown more in his NRL games - despite the past 18 months in rehab! I am looking forward to what he can bring!

That arrogance , could also cause a lot of friction, Klem will probably sit him on his bum.

All personality types are irrevelvent if form is good on the field. Douehi has now just become another target for a team/club that has continually let their fans down.

Me neither Ink.. God forbid one of our
guys puts his hand up and takes a bit
of ownership & responsibility, Jesus
What ever you may think of the way he plays or the faults he has in his game, you have to agree on one thing, he doesn't lack passion.

Last edited:

Staff online

Back