Adam Doueihi #227

If AD is 6 then we are going to have issues, Defence and Ball Hogging.

Defensively you want a weaker 6 then a weaker Centre, and hey maybe its better moving him to 6 so that our flanks are covered. Naden is a better defender and I believe Staines is better then AD too, Unsure if they will be the Center pairing and I don't mind Naden being on the wing as more solid defensive cover (he was one of the Bulldogs not so best defenders yet he stands very high in our squad because defence is so SO poor).

AD just doesn't pass. He is like Reynolds in that respect. He gets the ball and runs it, that's why everyone thinks he is a better centre. You want your ball Hogs to be one of the last receivers, not 6.

Look, not meaning to flame AD. He has talent, he has potential. He does put in. But he has to make his tackles and we have far too many turnstyles in our team. I see AD could end up like Craig Wing, a bench player that fits any position. We really need him to pass more to the players around him and Sheen's 200 passes a day will help with that.

Without Tackling and good defence I see huge problems.

We get it buddy zzzz. Nothing that
hasn't been repeated over & over
again periodically in the last 20 or
so pages. Let's see how we do b4
a few rounds and then we can get
back to wanting heads to roll smh

Anyone and everyone worth their
grain of salt said he was our best
in 2021 before he tore his ACL.
We're lucky that he's on or team,
you're ungrateful. We went from
slandering Brooksy to shitting on
Doueihi within a week. It's crazy

He was terrible last year and I don't want to talk him up but if he gets his game together he can be a weapon for us.

We ran [censored] last brother,
the whole team was shit house.
We practically have a new squad
this year & starting a new season.
Shitting on the team before a ball
has even been kicked off does my
head in. Let's see how we go boys

AD just doesn't pass. He is like Reynolds in that respect. He gets the ball and runs it, that's why everyone thinks he is a better centre. You want your ball Hogs to be one of the last receivers, not 6.

He can pass it. He has a beautiful long ball from left to right. He can make a tough carry and get an offload as well. His running game is real good.

His defense has been trash but it's not that he can't hit. He is a big guy and he hits hard. At times he just seems to completely miss-read the play.

He can fix these parts of his game and if he does he has a lot of upside. It's more about consistency.

Definition of insanity ?

I think they are basically all in on Brooks, Laurie & Doueihi this season and are doing everything possible to bring in players to replace or put pressure on these guys.

I can't see how you can drop any of those guys easily. You can move Stains into the fullback role and push Doueihi out to centre but we are still heavily reliant on those three guys.

AD's defence looked good in the world cup, albeit against a weak opponent...

The ball hog stuff ? He's been shown in the training footage throwing some very clean cut outs.

Daresay he's been working on his weaknesses.
The kid is all heart, he'll be ready to prove many wrong come season opening.

The ball hog stuff ? He's been shown in the training footage throwing some very clean cut outs.

Has an elite draw and pass too bro.
Can offload, kicks goals, breaks the
line when he tucks it under his arm,
scores tries, can outleap backs
etc. Peak foolishness and hater
energy on display - I'm gonna mute
this & Brooksy's thread until Rd.1
haha. Too much complaining smh

We ran [censored] last brother,
the whole team was shit house.
We practically have a new squad
this year & starting a new season.
Shitting on the team before a ball
has even been kicked off does my
head in. Let's see how we go boys
We don’t have a new squad.
We have 4 new forwards.
There is going to be a lot of pressure on these backs, who were bloody miserable last year, to step up. I’m sure a lot can but it still remains to be seen.

A lot of people are judging AD on a handful of come back matches from a ACL. I am willing to give him half a season before putting the knife in.

I’m actually looking forward to seeing how he plays if he gets on song we could be in for a ride.

22 was a load of crap for them all a heck of alot has changed around him so lets give him a crack.

It’s a massive year for him. He has some talent lets hope we see the best of it and he sticks around.

There is going to be a lot of pressure on these backs

Yeah bro.. they'll get alot of good front
foot ball, I agree that they're under a lot of pressure and need to use that platform. Hope we're less clunky
and more clinical with all the talk about
attacking footy, that and the D still
has me a bit concerned. Api will be
up there with buy of the season I
reckon, will change the way we play.
Fingers crossed. Very excited too see
what 2023 brings, we deserve some joy

He can pass it. He has a beautiful long ball from left to right. He can make a tough carry and get an offload as well. His running game is real good.

His defense has been trash but it's not that he can't hit. He is a big guy and he hits hard. At times he just seems to completely miss-read the play.

He can fix these parts of his game and if he does he has a lot of upside. It's more about consistency.

AD can put on a killer cut out ball we saw it back end of 21 season.

Doueihi had a shocker last year, but due to returning from injury I will give him a second chance. Some on here are so scared he will show up brooks in the halves that they will try anything to undermine him. The classic is laughing at the media for saying brooks is on $1million but taking it as facts that one media outlet said he was asking for $950,000. Stop the bias let’s see how he goes after a full pre season. Because I guarantee you a firing doueihi is our best chance of getting some wins this year.
Perfectly put

If Brooks has a game like Doueihi has shown where he lets in 4 tries on his own due to abysmal defence he too will cop the boot - but he has never had defensive stinkers like Adam did in 2022!
Brooks missed 8 tackles in a single game against Manly last year and we got pumped completely through him 30-4. Brooks has our worst defensive stats for the last two years. This great defence of Brooks is a myth. FYI Douehi stunk it up defensively in 2022 too

Brooks missed 8 tackles in a single game against Manly last year and we got pumped completely through him 30-4. Brooks has our worst defensive stats for the last two years. This great defence of Brooks is a myth. FYI Douehi stunk it up defensively in 2022 too
Halves miss tackles due to opponents game planning and pure physics ( big v small). The good sides put better defensive players around them to protect them. You think Sam Walker is not a defensive liability?? Let’s see how we go with better second rowers this year.

Doueihi had a shocker last year, but due to returning from injury I will give him a second chance. Some on here are so scared he will show up brooks in the halves that they will try anything to undermine him. The classic is laughing at the media for saying brooks is on $1million but taking it as facts that one media outlet said he was asking for $950,000. Stop the bias let’s see how he goes after a full pre season. Because I guarantee you a firing doueihi is our best chance of getting some wins this year.
Doueihi's greatest threat imo at WTs is Laurie. Laurie imo is a player with a very high ceiling. He hasn't reached it yet of course but I'm sure under Marshall he will display his potential. He is a natural ball-player, has great instincts, can defend and is quick.

This Doueihi v Brooks narrative is false. The club has gone all in for Moses and I believe Marshall/Sheens have already made their minds up.

We were so bad last year, that the smallest basic play that should not get noticed, was deemed as brilliant ! We have the forwards, but 1 to 7 are an unknown quantity. Some young talent must come through, and 1, 6, and 7 whoever they are , must improve. Fingers crossed !

This great defence of Brooks is a myth

His defense is overrated. It's not bad for a half. He was better than Doueihi last year defensively but I think Doueihi is a bigger guy who if he gets it together will be a lot better defender than Brooks.

Back