@Russell said in [Adam Doueihi signs till 2023\.\.Official](/post/1207460) said:@hammertime said in [Adam Doueihi signs till 2023\.\.Official](/post/1207459) said:@Russell said in [Adam Doueihi signs till 2023\.\.Official](/post/1207446) said:@Bob said in [Adam Doueihi signs till 2023\.\.Official](/post/1207429) said:He knows the game pretty well, and as stated has a great pass. I think he could play the structured half role well with brooks using his running game at 6. I’d also offer addo Carr good money to come back and try the fullback role. (As he is requesting] it would be a potent attacking spine.
1. Addo Carr
6. Brooks
7. AD
9. Liddle
Obviously fullback until end of this season
QUOTE:
"The former NSW Origin coach Phil Gould said the Storm speedster is a true winger - not a fullback".
Absolutely agree with him. I might add as well that AD is not a 7, not even in a pink fit.
Forgive me if this is a silly question, but how does Gould make that assessment when he's never played fb? As a winger, he's got very little opportunity to showcase fb like skills.
He may be right, but just not sure how anyone can say it with certainty.
I think Gould has a very smart football brain, I personally (when he is not trying to be smart a..)
place a lot of faith in his judgement. The gist of the article was that managers are trying to get
their charges to upgrade to a higher position to get more money. Gould thinks JAC is trying to
do this.
I agree with him. For a guy who has never played FB in the NRL and sign him on FB money -
I think is a huge risk, I would not like to see the Tigers take that risk.
Love to sign him as a winger as I have said before - not as a FB.
The option of playing fullback will offer an incentive to come.. Reality is if the choice is between us or roosters on similar coin.. He isn't coming here. So the options are over pay him as a winger or give him him the opportunity that he cannot get elsewhere.
As for Phil Gould or any of those experts, it easy to a shell out a million reasons why something won't work but nobody is coming up with comments on what could work for us.