OFFICIAL Adam Doueihi #227

@facepalmer said in [Douehi](/post/1216986) said:
He's big, makes good contact and post contact metres and has good skills. Perfect backrower prospect. Bulk him up and he will be incredible there.

He doesn’t look like a guy who will bulk up much
 
I for one thought he did a pretty good job apart of the couple of error (costly I agree)...
He caught every bomb except 1 and he was getting hammered every time he touched / catches the ball. The guy will be in an ice bath for a week after that game.. I think you need to look at the 12 guys in front of him as they were man handled all over the park.
If he had a team going forward, defending well, Putting pressure on kickers he would be able to get more involved. Panthers Fullback Edwards caught every kick with no pressure..
It was only last year we were all whinging that we didn't have a fullback that can catch and sh#t ourselves every time a bomb went up.. Now we have a pretty good one - remember they all cannot be Teddy's, Turbo's, Slaters etc.. we have bigger problems than him.
 
He’s got worse as the season went on. Not sure if he’s injured still but he’s too slow at the moment and like the rest of the team is always flat footed.
 
Not a fullback
Sucked at centre

Try him at 6 cause Brooks doesn’t cut it there .

If that’s a no go then trade him for a snickers and a six pack
 
@hobbo1 said in [Douehi](/post/1217068) said:
Not a fullback
Sucked at centre

Try him at 6 cause Brooks doesn’t cut it there .

If that’s a no go then trade him for a snickers and a six pack

I can't see him as a 5/8th, but the club does.
 
@cochise said in [Douehi](/post/1217095) said:
@hobbo1 said in [Douehi](/post/1217068) said:
Not a fullback
Sucked at centre

Try him at 6 cause Brooks doesn’t cut it there .

If that’s a no go then trade him for a snickers and a six pack

I can't see him as a 5/8th, but the club does.

Surely he’s gotta be better than Brooks
 
He will be a great fullback for us. He is not 100% fit and now that we can’t make semis I’d give him a rest. We can’t compare every fullback to Tedesco because he is a completely different player. His try saver was amazing. Then he goes and drops a bomb which he hasn’t done all year .
 
@05TIGZZ said in [Douehi](/post/1217108) said:
He will be a great fullback for us. He is not 100% fit and now that we can’t make semis I’d give him a rest. We can’t compare every fullback to Tedesco because he is a completely different player. His try saver was amazing. Then he goes and drops a bomb which he hasn’t done all year .

No problem with the dropped bomb, that happens, the pass before halftime was a killer. He is just not fluid when chiming into the backline, he has a stop start running style and good footwork at the line but that makes him difficult to run off.
 
Looked like he played second receiver (5/8) for a while and also centre.

Thought he did ok at 5/8. Would have loved to have seen a kick.
 
He's our best player under the high ball but yes, he's not going to lead us to a premiership from fullback. Centre? I don't know, he's too slow to hit a hole and go through, in our current structure anyway. I thought he might be able to make a go of things at 6, he's got a big boot on him and can throw a decent pass. Just not sure he's got the dynamic ability to make it as a 6 either. I don't know, our current structure needs an overhaul, he looked alright at Souths who were obviously a stronger outfit than WT.
 
He seem to cost us momentum in games when we are being competitive with mistakes. He is usually good under the high ball so can't fault drops there, but the pass to TT that was not required was dumb just before half time.
Back end of game we were gassed put that down to him being in the Bin and the extra effort 1st 10 mins of game.
Last week our best player.
Signing wise $600k / Subsidy Souths $150k - Year one
then $100k following year, Year 3 /4 Nil
Will be paying overs next year but all depends where he is playing not really a long term FB option but that's for Madge to work out with the spine.

Currently he is like turning the Taps on sometimes Hot
Sometimes Cold - Can lose is games needs to improve
Not the worst player howerver in the team.
 
@willow said in [Douehi](/post/1217148) said:
He's our best player under the high ball but yes, he's not going to lead us to a premiership from fullback. Centre? I don't know, he's too slow to hit a hole and go through, in our current structure anyway. I thought he might be able to make a go of things at 6, he's got a big boot on him and can throw a decent pass. Just not sure he's got the dynamic ability to make it as a 6 either. I don't know, our current structure needs an overhaul, he looked alright at Souths who were obviously a stronger outfit than WT.

His passing is just too inconsistent for 5/8th, I wasn't that impressed with his form at Souths, he had played 30 games with a couple of tries and try assists. As a back that was concerning to me when we signed him. He is very safe but we need a fullback that can create and I am not sure he is that. I was also disappointed with his time at centre tonight.
 
@facepalmer said in [Douehi](/post/1216986) said:
He's big, makes good contact and post contact metres and has good skills. Perfect backrower prospect. Bulk him up and he will be incredible there.

You’ve read my mind.
 
@willow said in [Douehi](/post/1217148) said:
He's our best player under the high ball but yes, he's not going to lead us to a premiership from fullback. Centre? I don't know, he's too slow to hit a hole and go through, in our current structure anyway. I thought he might be able to make a go of things at 6, he's got a big boot on him and can throw a decent pass. Just not sure he's got the dynamic ability to make it as a 6 either. I don't know, our current structure needs an overhaul, he looked alright at Souths who were obviously a stronger outfit than WT.

He’s got a great step as well, so maybe at 6 he’ll be dynamic. He can certainly get through the line.
 
Back
Top