Adam Doueihi #227

I loved seeing how vocal he was with the other guys. Clearly a natural leader...

@lauren said in [Adam Douehi as a captain](/post/1419835) said:
Win and I’ll stay there: Doueihi on longevity at five-eighth

I love this guy. He should be our captain. He is already in the leadership group. Madge should make this one happen.

@earl said in [Adam Douehi as a captain](/post/1419936) said:

I love this guy. He should be our captain. He is already in the leadership group. Madge should make this one happen.

Just let him concentrate on his game, he will eventually be captain.

I think Tamou will remain captain next year with Douehi to take the reigns in 2023.

Will make a great captain; passionate, vocal and confident. I would back Douehi to get into a refs face if call's aren't going our way over anyone else in the team. Something we have been severely lacking in a captain since Robbie Farah.

Not only captain but the face of the club for the next ten years.

Wests don't even realise what they have with this guy.

@the_patriot said in [Adam Douehi as a captain](/post/1419977) said:
Not only captain but the face of the club for the next ten years.

Wests don't even realise what they have with this guy.

He is tough but he doesn't come across as a knob. He represents himself and the club really well.

Plus he is a weapon. Not a plodder.

@cochise said in [Adam Douehi as a captain](/post/1419954) said:

He is already in the leadership group. I'm not having a massive go at Madge here because I understand his decision but to me we build around Doueihi at 6 and as captain. Tamou is fine as a bench prop but he isn't a good choice for the captaincy because you may rotate him out of the team.

I get the decision because he is going to have a tonne of pressure on him but I think we increase our chances of winning games if we make those changes.

@earl said in [Adam Douehi as a captain](/post/1420096) said:
@cochise said in [Adam Douehi as a captain](/post/1419954) said:

He is already in the leadership group. I'm not having a massive go at Madge here because I understand his decision but to me we build around Doueihi at 6 and as captain. Tamou is fine as a bench prop but he isn't a good choice for the captaincy because you may rotate him out of the team.

I get the decision because he is going to have a tonne of pressure on him but I think we increase our chances of winning games if we make those changes.

He still has to consolidate his game and that is what he should be focussing on before we make him captain.

What does a Captain do on the field these days anyway..charging up to the ref has died out..

Captain challenge decisions...seems to me comes from the player involved especially Props and wingers..

Take the 2.? seems to come from the sideline

Talk behind the posts? Don't have to have the (C) to do that..

Run out 1st..?

Douiehi is a leader now (C) or no (C)...

Douehi is definitely future captain of the club and tbh the way he continues to improve he'll be our next Origin player too probably. Especially if the Tigers do somehow stop being awful.

@facepalmer said in [Adam Douehi as a captain](/post/1421317) said:
Douehi is definitely future captain of the club and tbh the way he continues to improve he'll be our next Origin player too probably. Especially if the Tigers do somehow stop being awful.

Would make a great 14 for origin one day

Love this kid, can tell he loves the club and wants to be here!

My favourite player right now, idolised Benji and Robbie as a young fan and is a junior as well….. plus he’s only 22 can’t wait to watch him grow with this club

Has a lot to learn in the offseason.

Ball hog, unnecessary cut out passes and poor defence.

The number of times he killed attacking opportunities tonight by going himself or stepping back inside was terrible.

I understand why he was punted as 5/8 and honestly don't know what his position is.

He was horrible tonight. Looked hesitant and slow. He hasn't had many bad games but it's a classic tigers player who saves his worst for the games we have to win. Disappointing.

was his worse game in a long time. I have no info on this but i wonder whether he was upset brooksy was c?

He was crud tonight. I love him as a player. I didn't think his defense was puss. That game shows why you'd play him in the centres.

Not sure where he fits but he is certainly not a 5/8 , misses a lot of tackles with arm grabs plays with heart but no way is he a 5/8..

Been one of our best this season, easy. I'd decide what's worth being mad about.

Was an average game from him tonight, as it was for majority of the team, but no doubt he's a talent. This is his first season in the halves, he dumb to give up on him yet when he's our most dangerous player.

At least he's clearly got potential and talent and has to stay in the halves and continue developing his game

Back